Safe Sex Challenge

latte0ne

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Nice quiz but it doesnt tell you which ones you got wrong. Here's my score.

Results of your quiz
You answered correctly 13 out of 16 questions.
This is equivalent to 81 %.
Your grade is
A

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I scored a C which is 10 out of 16 an equivalent of 62%.

Interesting note is that I seem to have learned a great deal about IUDs (got all of those right).

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It told me which ones I got wrong: the day after pill is harmless to a 3 day-old fetus (I thought it would be dangerous); the sponge is 98 percent effective (is isn't and I thought it was). So, I got a comfortable A for avoiding pregnancies. As for safe sex, I didn't notice too much emphasis on that topic. It's nice to know that you don't have to keep lubing your vagina with spermicide every time you want to have intercourse several times within a couple of hours (I guessed that one correct).

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got an A, with one "wrong," but...

THIS TEST CONTAINS OUTDATED AND DANGEROUSLY INCORRECT INFORMATION!

From the test scoring results:

3.Which of the following statements about spermicides is NOT true?

Your answer:
Nonoxynol-9, the main ingredient in most spermicides, can provide some protection against many STD's (sexually transmitted diseases) including HIV.

Correct answer:
It is not necessary to use a new spermicidal application for each act of intercourse.

Their "Correct Answer" is misleading, because it suggests my answer is one of the "true" statements. This is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! Mistakes like this kill people! Nonoxynol 9 is not effective against HIV!

Research has now shown that nonoxynol-9 irritates the vaginal and rectal lining, and appears to actually increase the risk of transmitting HIV infection. The incorrect notion that nonoxonol-9 protects agains HIV came from test-tube (in-vitro) research that showed it destroyed the HIV virus. However, many substances that destroy HIV do not offer effective protection against trasmission on the body (in-vivo). For example, you would not douche with diluted bleach to protect yourself from HIV. In the case of nonoxonol-9, the irritation and damage done to the mucosa appears to outweigh the virus-destroying capability of the chemical. Presently, all health authorities discourage the use on nonoxinol-9 where the risk of HIV transmission is involved, and recommend that condoms used for anal intercourse should never have nonoxinol-9 spermacide.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
You are so correct EricBear! Even when this is for entertainment purposes only, it is still misleading. Thank you for pointing that out.

I got an A, with one "wrong," but...

THIS TEST CONTAINS OUTDATED AND DANGEROUSLY INCORRECT INFORMATION!

From the test scoring results:

3.Which of the following statements about spermicides is NOT true?

Your answer:
Nonoxynol-9, the main ingredient in most spermicides, can provide some protection against many STD's (sexually transmitted diseases) including HIV.

Correct answer:
It is not necessary to use a new spermicidal application for each act of intercourse.

Their "Correct Answer" is misleading, because it suggests my answer is one of the "true" statements. This is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! Mistakes like this kill people! Nonoxynol 9 is not effective against HIV!

Research has now shown that nonoxynol-9 irritates the vaginal and rectal lining, and appears to actually increase the risk of transmitting HIV infection. The incorrect notion that nonoxonol-9 protects agains HIV came from test-tube (in-vitro) research that showed it destroyed the HIV virus. However, many substances that destroy HIV do not offer effective protection against trasmission on the body (in-vivo). For example, you would not douche with diluted bleach to protect yourself from HIV. In the case of nonoxonol-9, the irritation and damage done to the mucosa appears to outweigh the virus-destroying capability of the chemical. Presently, all health authorities discourage the use on nonoxinol-9 where the risk of HIV transmission is involved, and recommend that condoms used for anal intercourse should never have nonoxinol-9 spermacide.