Safe Sex Discrimination?

fratdick

Experimental Member
Media
At the college I go to, the school provides safe sex kits in all the dorms and Greek houses. It's essentially a drawer in the common kitchen that's filled with condoms. The supply is replenished once a week (we go through them fast!) by the health center and they offer a diverse range of condoms: lubricated, non-lubricated, spermicidal, non-spermicidal, ribbed, pleasure contoured, etc. The brands are varied too; Durex, Trojan, Lifestyles...even Rough Rider. I have even, no word of a lie, seen flavored condoms and condoms in novelty colors in the assortment. They often have "Snug Fit" condoms—which I'm pretty sure is just a euphemism for "small"—so there's obviously some concern for size, BUT I have NEVER in two years seen a single larger sized condom. No Magnums, no Magnum XLs, no Durex XXLs, nothing.

I, like many guys on this site and I'm sure other guys on my campus as well, find regular-sized condoms impossible to wear. So I, unlike most guys on my campus, am forced to purchase my own condoms. Also, unlike most other guys, if I run out of my own condoms, I do not have the convenience of simply walking downstairs to get one. Many times I've been forced to call off getting laid because of this. If I was a less intelligent man, I may have been tempted with the decision to have sex without a condom, defeating the intended purpose of the safe sex kit.

My question is, what do you all think about this? Is it fair? If not, what should I do about it?

I'm not expecting them to carry the full of line of TheyFit condoms, but since they offer so many choices that are pretty irrelevant, I feel the least they can do is accommodate me and other large guys and provide us with the same convenience and protection they do to most guys. Is that wrong to ask? Should I talk to the people at the health center about my concerns? I'm afraid if I go alone it'll look like I'm expecting them to buy me condoms personally, or that I'm just wanting to brag or something. I don't know how to find other guys with similar concerns so we can unite and bring it to their attention as a group. Any suggestions?

Note: I have noticed they also do not provide latex-free condoms, which seems to discriminate against those with latex allergies as well. Maybe we could just ask for more practical diversity? Ditch the red strawberry-flavored condoms and get us condoms that can do the job for everyone!

Note 2: I also don't know where they get the condoms from. Are they purchased by the Health Center? Donated by the brands? That could be relevant as well...

Reactions: Summer of 1973

RocketMan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All of your concerns are valid. How about an anonymous letter or email to the Health Center...then your integrity cannot be misjudged. I'm willing to bet it would make a difference. Seems to me anyone charged with the mission of supplying to masses would be happy to accomodate your request. Either somebody is overlooking the obvious or another is dipping into the XL's before you ever see them. Good luck.

gg42

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm guessing the Engineering school has no need of a condom drawer....

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
gg42 said:
I'm guessing the Engineering school has no need of a condom drawer....
Don't be so sure. "Revenge of the Nerds" is just a stereotype.

I like the anonymous letter idea.

rich-9.8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Probably the best plan is to go and talk to the health centre. If you tell them about your problem than they will probably be happy to give you a personal supply. The danger in stocking a drawer with XLs, latex-free condoms, etc is that all the guys will pick out an XL - I bet the "Snug fits" very rarely need topping up ;). Most places will supply a latex-allergic person with latex-free condoms, or a larger person with XL condoms, but they probably won't go to the added expense of stocking a communal supply with them.

Reactions: In the Woods

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I think what is important to note, is that the School is doing this to promote Safe Sex. It is purely a suggestion from them to you.

Condoms can be very expensive. The school shouldn't have to pick up your tab just so you can fuck 50 times a week. I think you people should suck it up and buy your own condoms. Are you gonna fuck bareback once you leave University, just because no one will buy you condoms.

If it truly bothers you, write the letter expressing your grievances. However, I know as a guy who was in a fraternity, if anyone saw giant condoms in "the drawer"... they wouldn't get used for sex. They would get used for fun and games.

Sorry to burst your bubble dude. Good luck with the free condom hunt.:rolleyes:

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
What should I say then? In Italy XL condoms are not in sale at all, except, maybe, in sex-shops. I tried my best to fit in regular ones, but no way: the ones claimed "anatomic" or "comfortable" are just a bit wider at the base, not enough for me, since i am thick all along the shaft.

The result? i had sex only when my gf went on the pill.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jeff black said:
I think what is important to note, is that the School is doing this to promote Safe Sex. It is purely a suggestion from them to you.

Condoms can be very expensive. The school shouldn't have to pick up your tab just so you can fuck 50 times a week. I think you people should suck it up and buy your own condoms. Are you gonna fuck bareback once you leave University, just because no one will buy you condoms.

If it truly bothers you, write the letter expressing your grievances. However, I know as a guy who was in a fraternity, if anyone saw giant condoms in "the drawer"... they wouldn't get used for sex. They would get used for fun and games.
Sorry to burst your bubble dude. Good luck with the free condom hunt.:rolleyes:
You are lucky that your college is providing free condoms at all.
I agree, if you really want to get laid, keep your own supply on hand at all times.
That is what I do, even putting some in my coat pockets, glove box in the car, etc. Having them 'on hand' has paid off many, many times. ;) The drawer in my nightstand always has a supply of condoms. If I notice it getting low, time to go to the store and get more.
Welcome to the real world! :biggrin1: