Safest way to shave down there?

lonestar692000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've found frequency has a lot to do with the irritation factor. Once a week is the best frequency I've found. For me, Sunday is shave day. Also, and I believe it was mentioned in one of these forums, I apply some cortisone spray after shaving...works very well at keeping the irritation bumps away.

I also own a Seiko Clean Cut shaver. It works beautifully but it's a little more maintenance than I like. It's a dry shaver...in fact you have to use talcum powder with it. It shaves very closely but again it has to be used every other day or so...great if you're willing to do it. Very close and very smooth.

B_houugadunor

Media
Hmmm I gotta admit its not as scary as some folk are making it out to be. Yes its your dick but the skin is just like that on your face.

Take your time, dont rush. I personally use a high quality disposable razor just for shaving my balls and dick, and another razor for my face. I do it in the shower after i have been in there for about 5 mins, just use some soap or shaving foam and go gentle, just like shaving your face - its not different.

I have been doing it since I was about 18 and I have only ever once "cut" myself and it didnt hurt half as much as a cut to the face.

I would also agree with those telling you to use a trimmer for your pubes, as this gives it a nice even cut. Very gentlemanly of you to do this for your new wife. Romance isnt dead :)

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have read your dirty fantasy. It's hot, witty and I got a charge out of....make that "I got off on it." Seems like half the pic comments or PM's I get mention "huge" cockhead. I just don't see it. Maybe I'm too close to it or have lived with it so long that in my eyes it just normal.

Dude! Your cockhead is huge! N I fucking love it that way! It turns me on something massive! :biggrin1:

artyhungman

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Personally I use a razor designed for my face, Mach 3, don;t use a brand new blade [thats just a little too sharp!], and do it dry. Less chance of "slippage" and shaving foam just obscures the view making it even more hazardous.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I use an electric trimmer to shave Mr. Ed's balls,cock and a tiny bit of his shaft. Yes on occasion it does get nicked,but a little styptic pencil
works wonders if your'e a heavy bleeder! Just kidding about the bleeding,dude!
We've tried waxing,but he screams like a little girl!
Depilatory creams, seem to have a burning effect,on Mr. Ed too. Nair especially was horrible on Ed.Though to be fair the product is made for the face and bikini line.
So all we use right now is any sharp razor, on me,and a slightly dull one on Mr. Ed. Please shave when your cock is wet,otherwise you'll have a wicked "ball burn"! I like to shave my parts dry,and have done the same on Ed there were no bad results from that way!
cigarbabe:saevil:

dsimmons01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmmm I gotta admit its not as scary as some folk are making it out to be. Yes its your dick but the skin is just like that on your face.

Take your time, dont rush. I personally use a high quality disposable razor just for shaving my balls and dick, and another razor for my face. I do it in the shower after i have been in there for about 5 mins, just use some soap or shaving foam and go gentle, just like shaving your face - its not different.

I have been doing it since I was about 18 and I have only ever once "cut" myself and it didnt hurt half as much as a cut to the face.

I would also agree with those telling you to use a trimmer for your pubes, as this gives it a nice even cut. Very gentlemanly of you to do this for your new wife. Romance isnt dead :)

Thanks everyone for all the great info. I hope she will appreciate all the research and work to make my piece as nice as possible for our first time. Yes we are both virgins and have been able to hold out for the wedding night.. (barely... man its tough.. she is gorgeous)
But I want her to enjoy everything and I dont want hair covering or interferring what I have. I am not small, but I am also not as big as what many here are... so I need what I do have to be clean and smooth.

So we will see. Thanks again.

penandpencil

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i would trim them first, that is for sure... shave with the grain, otherwise it might get way too irritated - it happened to me once and it hurt like a bitch

boerkie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
rite aid,cvs and wallgreens sell a product Nair for Men
i put it on and wait, no irritation. i give it time, 30 mins
best part is that it gets rid of all the hair in the crack also.
afterwards you just shower it all off!!

D

deleted213967

Just don't use Nair for Men (TM). I tested it for you.

It burnt like hell, which prompted me to read the directions more carefully.

Those schmocks expect you to buy their product but it is NOT intended for that area...

What else are we gonna shave? Duh!

smudgey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I just shaved then! It was my first time so it was kinda scary, but also very arousing. I was actually leaking precum the whole time! Like a solid stream the whole time, very strange as this never happens with me... I love the feeling though, and it's not all crap that it makes you look bigger!

dissolver

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Just don't use Nair for Men (TM). I tested it for you.

It burnt like hell, which prompted me to read the directions more carefully.

Those schmocks expect you to buy their product but it is NOT intended for that area...

What else are we gonna shave? Duh!

This settles it. I will stick to razors to clean down there. Not too difficult and usually a lot of fun. Still I would love to have something like a cream that works as advertised without the risk of chemical burn.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This seems like the right thread to ask this. How would you go about waxing or shaving your arse if your on your own ? Or would you get someone to help you in the shower with it ?

Speedy2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just use an ordinary cheap (meant to be throw-away) two bladed plastic razor, and plenty of soap. That works fine , and being now not too sharp, is less likely to cut me rather than the hairs! Works fine through the crack too. Any odd hairs missed are yanked out with tweezers - quick and fun, and those don't grow again in a hurry, unlike the razor-cut ones!

I actually like shaving. I use the old fashioned double edged razor with a shaving brush for my face. It's superior to anything with multiple blades if you know how to use it correctly. That applies to pubic hair as well, but a nick on the face is alot more forgiving than a knick on the balls. Using a multiple blade razor on the pubic hair is a lot safer because it's not angle dependent like a singl blade razor. Forget the Mach 3, 4, or 5 blade razors, they'll just add more irritation than you want. I use the Bic Twin Plus also known as the Bic Twin Comfort.
biccomforttwinmen0.jpg

The best way to go about shaving your crotch is in the bath after you've let your body soak in warm water to allow your pubic hair to soften. You'll want to use a slick moisturizing conditioner. Yes I said conditioner, canned shaving cream (and gel)is horrible stuff to use on your crotch because of the aresol. If you haven't shaved before you'll want to trim the hair as short as possible with scissors. No apply the conditionor and let it soak in for a while. Then just use light pressure with the razor going with the grain of the hair. once you've been shaving for a few weeks you can switch to a two pass method where you apply light pressure with the grain then relube and then use light pressure against the grain. However not everyone is the same and using the second pass against the grain may give you bad razor burn. Olive oil also works great as a shaving lube for pubic hair....although I would only use it if you're more experienced at shaving because it's not as thick as conditioner.

The first time I shaved my crotch all I used was a 3 blade razor and lukewarm water without trimming my pubes first. All I can say is holy crap that hurt. I had razor bumps and ingrown hairs for a month...and the itch, you can't even imagine it. I imagine other people who have had similar experiences would think differently if they had done proper preperation. Shaving the crotch (like shaving the face) is all about the preparation you do before you shave. Soaking in warm to hot water is the biggest part of shaving. It makes the outer layer of your hair split and therefore soften up.

not_so_big

Just Browsing
Media
I get a brazilian wax every three weeks. Depending on your city, it may be hard to find a place that will do it. (SF - no prob. Anywhere in OK, probably harder.)

Seriously, waxing is awesome. I used to shave in the shower, but I hate the stubble. I won't like. It hurts like hell the first time, but it hurts less and less every time after that.