Safety of PE, jelqing?

Discussion in 'Penis Enlargement' started by hkwes, Mar 24, 2007.

1. hkwes

hkwes Member

Albums:
    I have been reading up about various penis enlargement techniques over the last few months. Personally I am not interested in engaging the techniques myself, but I find it to be a fascinating topic, and one that has not been widely understood.

Primarily I have been learning through PE-centric sites such as cheekycherry and Thunder's. On these sites I have never seen any mention of long-term damage due to PE, just short-term injuries like soreness or red spots.

When I talked to a friend of mine in med school, however, he expressed a deep concern about the potential for long-term damage to penile tissue through such exercises as jelqing and holds.

This got me to thinking, and I did a little bit of searching on the web for so-called jeqling injuries. This turned up complaints from a variety of individuals who believe that they suffered severe penile damage as a result of PE techniques, the durations of which ranging from 1 session to 4 months. They also all seemed to mention that they brought their cases to urologists, but that the urologists could not successfully pinpoint the nature of the damage.

There were enough mentions of jelqing injuries of this sort that I am unwilling to immediately dismiss all of the cases as coincidences; it seems unlikely that, in 100% of the cases, the penile disfunction was completely unrelated to the onset of PE exercising.

Add to this the comments of my fairly educated friend, and I am becoming concerned about the lack of thought on the safety of PE techniques. In any case, one must admit that there is little (no?) scientific study on the long-term effects of these techniques.

On the other hand, I got the impression that urologists were also extremely skeptical about the viability of these techniques in increasing size, but it seems that a lot of people claim success, making this uninformed view of PE a little suspect.

What have other people heard about the safety of PE? Other thoughts, concerns, questions?

2. ostrich egg

ostrich egg Member

alot of sites do tell you to attempt at your own risk

3. clarkma86

clarkma86 New Member

Albums:
    The entire basis behind PE is that you're destroying tissue and causing it to heal in a state that will allow for greater volume of material, gradually increasing your size. There's clearly a fine line between gradually damaging the tissue and letting it heal properly and simply ripping it to shreds...I imagine many injuries result in people being too aggressive and/or not allowing enough downtime. Also, people are going to damage at different loads and heal at different rates. I don't doubt for an instant that PE can be damaging, but I believe it can also be undertaken safely. It's a matter of creating an appropriate regimen for you personally.

4. Growing28

Growing28 New Member

Albums:
    Not unlike working out where you tear muscle tissue or respect your limits and listen to your body.

I find my penis to be far stronger and harder from such techniques. Go slow and work up to it, just like working out.

Jim

5. Stone Vein

Stone Vein New Member

I need to read more at these forum sites mentioned but here are the questions I've come up with from overview:

To those that have had gains with PE, did those gains diminish after a period of time not practicing PE? If so, I gotta nod my head with the nay sayers.

What's all this about masturbating almost to climax? Why, this increases the level of testosterone production in the body? Is that what folks call "edging"?

The PE version of one addicted to bodybuilding, would the list of his exercise, vitamin/mineral, etc look something like this?
    kegels, jelqing, hanging, that odd 'ball zinger' thing, vit. C, vit. E, Zinc, L-arginine... anything else? anything that doesn't belong on here?

I apologize, I'm sure there is a handy little web page that answers my questions but I haven't found it in a consolidated form yet.

6. darkone

darkone New Member

Albums:
    I guess its hardf knowing if those people over did it or not to cause injury. I have read of people doing PE for 10-20+ yrs and they seem fine and have no complaints thus far. I have been doing it off and on for about 3+ years and you should be responsible enough to know your own body and its limits. A lot of people over do it and that would be the cause for worry. Some people go PE several times a day. I do one session and I alternate what I do so I don't do the same things over and over.

Gains... I would say yes you loose if you don't continue with some sort of routine even if its once a week to maintain. I remember when I gained an inch or so over like 6months. I stopped PE entirely for like a year and lost about 1/4 in. So I guess that's not too bad.

Yes all this is at your own risks and people do get injured. But not sure if its the exercises or the lack of respect and knowledge of your own body to know when you are hurting it. So before you pump at 8+ hg for an hour straight or jelq for 2 hours.... think about it and break up the routine. People are just excited and they see results and think if they over do it they will gain their goal quicker. Take it slow and maintain a routine and it will come in time.

Just my thoughts....

-D1-

7. hkwes

hkwes Member

Albums:
    There are mixed claims. I've seen a few individuals claim that they never lost any gains. Usually I see people agree that you do tend to lose gains over time (weeks, months). I've also read a couple articles by serious PE'ers that believe that, after attaining growth, it takes a few more sessions to "solidify" those gains permanently.

That's what edging is, yeah. Not sure if there is any real evidence to support the claim that it increases testosterone production. Based on my limited knowledge of the endocrine system, I would say that there are a score of other ways to boost T levels that are more effective than this, if edging does having any effect.

Usually I see hanging separated from "natural" PE; some people swear by it, others don't. No idea what the "ball zinger" thing is. Most PE programs seem to be based around kegels, stretches, jelqing, and holds.

I would say that most vitamins are probably beneficial only so far as rounding out your nutritional intake. Overloading Vitamin C, for instance, beyond the daily recommendation dosage would probably not have an effect on PE. There are two classes of supplements that I belive have a more direct effect: (1) L-arginine and L-orinthine, and (2) ZMA (Zinc Magnesium [SIZE=-1]Aspartate)[/SIZE].

8. hkwes

hkwes Member

Albums:
    By the way, here are a couple links from a google search on "jelqing injury":

jelqing injury : SHS AnswerSPOT, Oregon State University

jelqing injury - Urology Forum
    Seems like strictly anecdotal evidence, but it is still a little scary... what do people think?

9. Miburo

Miburo New Member

it's very subjective i guess. how old are these people who said all these ? I know i experience something like what these guys said but it's usually due to over exertion. i would probably contribute it to straining the chambers and making erection harder.

Draft saved Draft deleted