Incredible youthful looking guy he was
Many a fantasy at the time
enz

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Jill Haworth(who recently died this year in January and the original Sarah from the Broadway Cabaret) never gotten over Sal's death and lead a very reclusive life in Manhattan, similar to Greta Garbo herself. Now, reading the new biography on Sal, Jill was bitterly upset that the relationship she formed from Sal Mineo had to end, though they remained friends until his death. I don't think she gotten over him at all, despite her involvement with Paul McCartney. Out of all Sal's lovers Michael interviewed in his biography, she was the most difficult to reach.

Last edited:

trkr4ckskr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You didn't know Sal Mineo was gay? Um ... by the way, I hope this doesn't come as too much of a shock, Elton John is as gay as well.

Sal Mineo was bisexual. I believe most people are bisexual but most will not admit to it. Possibly some have not yet discovered a sexual interest in both sexes, or have not yet developed a sexual interest in both sexes. But a gay man just has not met the right woman, and a straight man just has not met the right man.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
re post 3

yES, we are very backward down here, when it comes to knowing/learning of everything about, .. well everything, from a persons birth
Gee is Elton Gay, thought you MAY have picked a person like Rock, as someone you could impress on to others re your knowledge of all Celebrities t hat are Gay, ha
enz

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sal Mineo was bisexual. I believe most people are bisexual but most will not admit to it

EXACTLY, my sentiments matey, i have mentioned that in many threads lpsg
enz

brody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Must say i was really intrigued when it was mentioned Sal Mineo was Gay
Incredible youthful looking guy he was
Many a fantasy at the time
enz

Yes, he was so cute, and he kept his boy-like appearance throughout his (too) short life.

Attachments

Reactions: shdomfan

phoenixdown117

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I always loved Sal Mineo. Rebel Without A Cause is one of my favorite movies, and I really liked Plato.

Terrible tragedies befell all three of the main stars in that movie. Sad...

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
James Franco has the rights to his new biography that he wants to direct. Now, I am wondering who shall play Sal's part? Nobody ever looked like him at all. Anybody have a clue as to who can play his role at all?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes i do hope they choose a person with the angelic features Sal possessd
Difficult to captivate i feel
Hope they dont use a person like Justin Timberlake, or similar
James Dean Marlon Brando Sal Mineo had that 'brooding look' that very few could imitate me thinks
A young Paul Newman would be deal.
Perhaps they need to wait until a mediteranean type guy with those special features comes along one with special charm & qualities.
enz

thanks for the pics brody

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sadly...most of the people that worked with him have already passed on, with a couple of exception like Susan Kohner, Eva St. Marie, Elizabeth Taylor, Mark Rydell, etc.

According to Sal himself in interviews and the new biography, he didn't like to be identify with his sexual preferences at all and would have liked it that way. For career reasons, I believe. But then I don't know. **shrugs**

It'll be an interesting movie, though. Sal did have flaws, like any human being there was. He had financial troubles even before and after his rise to the top. A very overbearing mother that used his trust fund till it became nothing. It was sometimes noted he couldn't pay his rent at all. Imagine a two-time Oscar nominee with money troubles. If you read further into his biography, it was very sad, but his passion for acting never left him. Even when his career took a nose-dive in the mid-60s, he still was willing to work.

teezer70

Experimental Member
Media
I read a book awhile back that stated that Sal and James Dean had a very intense and very public affair and breakup...There are pictures of both nude in the book as well...Sall was very hung very thick...The book stated that Sal was very distressed over the breakup or the death of James Dean...its been a long time and Im hoping to find the book so I can refresh my memory.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
THANKs for the info re both of those guys you 2
Yes refreshes my memory now re Sals relationship with James Dean, never knew of the book tho, but sounds really interesting
Such a tragic end to both lives huh?
enz

mikey41

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Teezer70 the book is Paul Newman the man behind the baby blues his secret life exposed by Darwin Porter

A fun read, but it's 80% fiction.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, according to Jill Haworth, she reported about Sal and Bobby getting together constantly at their place(?), even during her relationship with Sal. I believe when Sal dated Jill, he began take notice of his own attraction to men.