Salaries

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This has prbably been asked before if so please cut a new guy a little slack.
Guys, does it bother you if your girlfriend \ wife makes more money than you do? If so why? Personally I could care less, matter of fact I'd be proud to have someone that made more than me by my side.

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would privately bother me, although I'd cover it up/deal with it, since I'm aware that it's not okay to express displeasure over things like that in this day and age. What can I say, I'm a proud guy, and I come from a family where the men ran the show. It was always pretty traditional round my way.

darkone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would only feel bad if I couldn't hold a job or had a lot of difficulties attaining one. But it wouldn't be because she made more it would because I felt like a failure or something.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Are you kidding?!? Wouldn't bother me a bit!! She could buy me shit and make me into a kept man!! :biggrin1:

I know. Dream on, right? :tongue:

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I find intelligent women to be a turn on, I would celebrate and enjoy my partner's career success, I am not the type to feel threatened or insecure, and... she could buy me shit. =D

so, no, I wouldn't mind at all.

I agree!

My wife is an electrical and computer science engineer. She is in management. On occassion, she also teaches some engineering colleges at the "Dark Blue School." She does quite well. I am an educator. I work in higher education as an administrator and faculty member who makes considerably less than she does. Does it bother me? NO. HELL NO. The more money she makes, the more money WE have! :) Plus, we are not dipping into the trustfund, which makes things all the better.

My dad, however, was floored when he realized T was making more money. He is old school. "Men should be the provider and the breadwinner, blah blah, blah." Please! I say, go on babygirl... make more! Make as much as you can! Like NIC, her successfulness is a huge turn on for me. And, her independence makes her even more appealing.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My partner makes more money than me and it doesn't bother me in the least. He has always had money and he has never been flashy about it, very unassuming. He is happy with what he does in life and I love my life as well.