Salute to Sen. Bunning: Obama & Dems Hypocrites on Pay-As-You-Go

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

President Obama lacks leadership. Remaining silent on this issue of Pay-Go when he repeatedly stated his support for it is deplorable! Obama can campaign, but has shown no leadership or governing ability thus far.

The Democrats - Harry Reid, in particular sound ridiculous! Either they pay for this bill or we will never pay for our debts.

And to pull politics on Sen. Bunning for standing up for paying as we go? The Democrats have abandoned all principles. The hypocritical actions of the Democratic leadership is appalling.

Do the Democrats just find funding for the bill? No they find a path around Bunning's objection by putting forth a bigger bill. :rolleyes:

2. Pauligan

Pauligan New Member

Do you think before you write? Apparently, you don't.

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Bunning voted against Paygo, voted for 2 unfunded wars, voted for unfunded Bush tax cuts, voted for unfunded Medicare Prescription plan, voted against the Deficit Reduction commission. Bunning is a hypocritical ass. His little stunt has cost real people real money. He is the BEST thing to happen to the Democrats as he is now the Poster Child for the republican Party of NO. When people start being furloughed and NOT receiving their unemployment checks they are going to blame ONE person, BUNNING. I particularly enjoyed watching his get a scolding on the Senate floor today from REPUBLICAN Senator, Susan Collins from Maine.

Republicans rip on Jim Bunning
    Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.) is losing Republican support for his single-handed decision to prevent a critical aid package from landing on President Barack Obama’s desk, with Republicans fearing the political backlash from the lapse of unemployment benefits, health care coverage, highway funding and Medicare reimbursement fees for doctors.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/33758.html

#3 Industrialsize, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  4. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Awesome post Indy!!!!

The entire country is hatin' on Bunning right now... only the cold and callous fucks are saluting him.

Trinity, you have absolutely no heart.

Everybody hates you here, why do you keep posting? Your propaganda isn't and hasn't changed any minds, it's a complete waste of your time.

It's a triple negative... you are number one, wasting your precious time, number two, you have made waaay more enemies here than the few friends that you have made, and number three... NOBODY GIVES A SHIT, WE JUST HATE YOU HARDER AND STRONGER.

Stick your right wing propaganda straight up your bum.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Wow... it'll twist anything it can find into an "OBAMA BAD" statement. Even this. LOL!!!

6. Industrialsize

Albums:
    The cost of Bunning's ploy: 27,400 Texans will lose jobless benefits this week

The cost of Bunning's ploy: 27,400 Texans will lose jobless benefits this week | Texas on the Potomac | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Unemployed To Suffer After Bunning's Filibuster

Unemployed To Suffer After Bunning's Filibuster - cbs4.com
    Bunning's hold halts 3 Tenn. road projects

Bunning's hold halts 3 Tenn. road projects | tennessean.com | The Tennessean
    4,700 Marylanders to Bunning: Thanks a lot, senator

Consuming Interests: 4,700 Marylanders to Bunning: Thanks a lot, senator - News and tips for consumers on shopping, saving money, deals and credit - baltimoresun.com
    Bunning's callous grandstanding

As long as Republicans were in charge, Sen. Jim Bunning was OK with trading a surplus for a deficit. He voted to put two wars, tax cuts and a Medicare drug benefit on the nation's credit card.
    Bunning's callous grandstanding - Editorial - Kentucky.com

7. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Found this on the internet. Thought it appropriate for LPSG:
    Out-dick Jim Bunning!

I'm here to introduce the Out-Dick Jim Bunning contest! It's a valuable exercise by which we can all flex our dick muscles, and try to sharpen ourselves up to be the most magnificent pricks we can be.
    Because we can't take our own assholishness at face value anymore -- not when there's an A Number-One Superfly schmuck out there, dicking it up the way Jim Bunning has the past few days.
    So, here's a few of the things I've done over the past few days to prove my dick credentials, in my ongoing efforts to out-dick Jim Bunning.

1. Hung around outside a soup kitchen and cock-punched the homeless.

1. Ate king-sized Butterfingers, deep-fried and wrapped in bacon outside the window of a weight loss center.

1. Designed a fully-functional Puppy Incinerator, that can engulf 55 puppies in a clutch of flame every 30 seconds.

1. Downgraded the Puppy Incinerator to make it less energy efficient and capable of producing four times as much carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide and mercury, which is all sequestered in a poorly insulated vault located at a children's playground.

1. Delivered a lecture to a classroom of 6th graders at an all-girl's school in which I informed them that to land a rich husband, they should really consider losing some weight and consulting with a plastic surgeon.

1. Passed out free packets of Marlboro Extra Tar cigarettes at a Nicotine Anonymous meeting.

1. Put monster truck wheels on my Hummer H2.

1. Used up all the toilet paper in the house, and I have no plans to replace any of it, or even put the words "toilet paper" on the grocery list.

1. Drove right into a puddle of water and road grime, splashing a busload of stranded single mothers carrying babies whose vehicle had broken down on the side of the road.

1. Posted videos on Youtube that claim to have new movies and music, but which really contain some techno song and footage from an anime cartoon.

1. Cut in line at the supermarket, slapped down a series of 20 coupons, and then proceeded to write a third-party out-of-state check without the proper ID.

1. Promised I'd give Conan O'Brien my late night talk show, then reneged years later.

1. Denied health care coverage to a toddler, claiming his broken leg was a pre-existing condition. He was born with the leg, after all.

1. Stood right next to another man at a row of urinals, even though there was plenty of room for a buffer zone unused urinal.

1. Heated up my cream of tuna with garlic sauce soup in the office microwave, then just left it there.

1. Told a gay employee that he's free to do whatever he wants around the office, provided he gives me fashion advice and doesn't "mince around too much."

1. Told a stay-at-home mom that being a mom isn't a real job because you don't get paid for it.

1. Borrowed someone's car, then parked it across three handicapped spaces, then claimed the parking ticket and massive key-gash across the hood were both there before I borrowed the car.

1. Drew the word "PENUS" next to your yearbook photo.

1. Totally never washes the fucking dishes. Like, ever.

1. Told a liberal that when she makes an income that's greater than $250,000, she'll be a Republican too.

1. Watched an old lady try unsuccessfully to shovel snow off her car from my heated apartment building, sipping coffee and laughing uproariously.

1. Yelled out the ending to "Shutter Island" to a line of movie patrons standing at the ticket counter -- after they'd bought tickets.

1. Started the Facebook group, "If 1,000,000 people join this group, I'll continue feeding my cat."

1. Every time it snows, I yell, "That Al Gore is full of shit, man."
    Daily Kos: Out-dick Jim Bunning!!

#7 Industrialsize, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

OMG... that was great! LOL!!

9. Industrialsize

Albums:
  10. midlifebear

Gold Member

Nope, even L. Ron Hubbard would have not been able to weave the GOP out of whole cloth. And Hubbard had a lot of cloth to work with.

11. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    I hope everyone saw the video of Bunning and his "Senators only" elevator?

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Oh yeah... that was a hoot!
    I'm really enjoying watching some of the major hypocrites of the GOP self destruct. All it takes is an election year!

13. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Senator Kyl is correct.

Don't you think it's a little suspicious that most people find a job right before their unemployment runs out?

14. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do you really believe the shit you post?

15. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Why waste your time fabricating lies that aren't really believed by anyone, and are easily refuted anyways?

Obama has nothing to do with a senile old Republican sociopath using arcane Senate rules to put a personal hold on a bill that is otherwise UNANIMOUSLY approved by the other 99 members of the Senate. You may not have heard, but Obama doesn't even work in the Senate anymore, he's over at the White House, which is a completely different branch of government.

So, I'm not sure what you would expect Obama to do about some Senator going postal on an unemployment bill that hasn't even been voted on yet. Obama isn't in the Senate, isn't in the same party, and the office of the President certainly has no place interfering with Congressional votes.

The responsibility in this instance falls squarely on the minority leader and minority whip, and to a far lesser degree, the Senate Majority Leader. (but only because he IS the boss. It IS his Senate to run... But not with regards to procedure. Once Reid was told by his own party and the leaders of the Reps that the 'unanimous consent' process will be fine, because NOBODY is going to oppose such a necessary law, then he's not really doing his job right if he did something else. He can't predict that some senile old fuck is going to go back on his word and put a hold on the bill after he told his own leadership he wouldn't)

16. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Yeah thats really weird how people stop claiming unemployment at almost the exact same time that they start working at a new job...

I also find it a little suspicious that employers stop paying people, right around the same time that they lay them off... What a weird coincidence!!!

17. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here are a few examples of what the Bible states about charity and helping your fellow man.
    Leviticus 25:35
    'If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you.

Deuteronomy 15:11
    There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Proverbs 11:24-25
    One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Proverbs 28:27
    He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses.

Ezekiel 16:49
    Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.So this verse also shows the sin of Sodom had nothing to do with homosexuality.

Matthew 25:34-40
    "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Colossians 3:12
    Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

1 Timothy 6:17-18
    Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

So now all those so-called Christians especially the ones on here) seem to ignore what the Bible says about helping the less fortunate because to them all that matters is having more money in their pockets.

18. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Do you have a learning disability?

There is a shelf life to unemployment. It doesn't go on forever and ever.

19. whabb

whabb Member

Industrialsize- I just read your "Out-Dick Bunning" post (#7 in this thread). It was uproarious! However, I missed lunch today, and now I'm haunted by the thought of deep-fried, bacon-wrapped Butterfingers. You've ruined my concentration!

Nonetheless, thanks for the great post.

20. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

No, you have a writing disability.

Draft saved Draft deleted