Media
Sexuality
No Response

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We need more of this kind of news--instead of all the downer news about the market!! Thanks for sharing!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
thank you so much for posting this Mr Goodwood. *hug*

there is a vegan cafe in Minneapolis called Mud Pie, vegan gutter punk hang out with all the DIY trappings, all their meals where priced: what you can pay. working or putting in time with community projects covered those with no cash.

that place kept so many kids alive and kept the art scene going. not to mention the trust and bonding that developed with the regulars and this amazing open-armed welcome new faces got.

ml
who got a smile and warm memory buzz from one post and is a very happy girl.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the comments guys. Happy you appreciated that story. And i did the same thing - when i saw it, tears welled up in my eyes for the compassion that people may know as a result of this place. I would love to be able to go there and pay like a hundred dollars for lunch. I wish i had more money to just send those people.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's wonderful. If there is any justice left in this world, this company should thrive and its ethic become more widely practiced.

I've heard of this happening before here in the UK, during the last recession 20 years ago....and right now during this (much worse) recession....

Restaurant offers free food...Daily Telegraph.

It would be great to see these establishments get a lot more media attention....they are so worthy of it. Kudos to NBC for highlighting this story.

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
oh, man!

what a cool idea!

wonder if I could something like that started down here!
:scratchchin:

thank you so much for posting this Mr Goodwood. *hug*

there is a vegan cafe in Minneapolis called Mud Pie, vegan gutter punk hang out with all the DIY trappings, all their meals where priced: what you can pay. working or putting in time with community projects covered those with no cash.

that place kept so many kids alive and kept the art scene going. not to mention the trust and bonding that developed with the regulars and this amazing open-armed welcome new faces got.

ml
who got a smile and warm memory buzz from one post and is a very happy girl.