Sammy Sosa is a White Man!!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All I can say is being white never helped me along in life. Affirmative action helped douse the idea that white makes right....or so I hear. Either way there's gotta be a bigger story here. he is like NINE shades lighter. I don't think at this stage he needs to be whit-er to get ahead?

You're white? Oh OK next Meet-n-Greet I'll sit next to you! Give me a break for the most part being white in our generation has given you and I breaks that we take for granted. At this stage in life I think that everyone should feel that no matter who they are is the best thing to be, but we don't know what they cried their eyes out over when they were 17 years old. Let's stop passing judgement unless they have done something illegal or wore white after Labor Day.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Last edited:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You're white? Oh OK next Meet-n-Greet I'll sit next to you! Give me a break for the most part being white in our generation has given you and I breaks that we take for granted. At this stage in life I think that everyone should feel that no matter who they are is the best thing to be, but we don't know what they cried their eyes out over when they were 17 years old. Let's stop passing judgement unless they have done something illegal or wore white after Labor Day.

Honestly no it hasn't. I haven't gotten to the low level I am by being white. In fact after moving past white and some people finding out I was Jewish too that was the gate. I have been up for jobs or promotions that other races got the position. I didn't get anywhere on my color over others of other races. I've even lost jobs to african american women. I hope the best person for the job won but I wasn't picked for any jobs just because I was white.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honestly no it hasn't. I haven't gotten to the low level I am by being white. In fact after moving past white and some people finding out I was Jewish too that was the gate. I have been up for jobs or promotions that other races got the position. I didn't get anywhere on my color over others of other races. I've even lost jobs to african american women. I hope the best person for the job won but I wasn't picked for any jobs just because I was white.

You are going to make me say something I'm going to regret. But I will say that I was not there and you were and you have a better view of the situation than I would as someone looking at the past without the benefit of the details. Nobody's life is easy and we just do the best we can; but you and I have had some benefits that you take for granted. I was talking to someone recently about growing up in LA when I did during the 50'-70's and the best way I could sum it up was; Democrat's hired black help and Republican's had white servants. Their lives were the same but different; I don't know about you, but I would rather help someone than be their servant. Same thing different set of values and treatment.
OK you dragged it out of me... If you lost some opportunity that you deserved, shame on you for not taking action on it. If you lost the job to someone else who was equally or more qualified than you; thank you for not whining because it's the real world where nothing is fair and all are not created equal but some know how to play the game better.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He is Dominican. They are Hispanic. I just meant that if you ask if they are black they will say no, and then name their nationality instead.
Yup, :yup: I accidentally offended a co-worker by saying something like, "us black girls need to stick together" or something to that affect and she gave me the look of death told me she was Dominican NOT black; and never spoke another civil word to me for the 4 years I worked there. :261:

I was hazarding to go a little more deeply. I was really looking for a fundamental answer that goes beyond "white makes right." Is this sociological functionalism? sociological conflict? Vertical mobility? Differentiation? Inequality? I don't see how a guy who has everything would want to change his life so drastically.
Did you see the woman on his arm? Not everyone has jungle fever.

You make it sound as if Hispanic Dominicans don't want to be considered black, but don't you mean that black Dominicans aren't accepted by the Dominican community?
I suppose that is a possibility, but it's not always true.

But why light makeup? Why not dark makeup? And why green contacts?

I went through a phase in my early 20's where I wore lt. blue contacts that made my eyes look the exact shade of green as my grandfathers. I have never sought to lighten my skin though.
:no:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You are going to make me say something I'm going to regret. But I will say that I was not there and you were and you have a better view of the situation than I would as someone looking at the past without the benefit of the details. Nobody's life is easy and we just do the best we can; but you and I have had some benefits that you take for granted. I was talking to someone recently about growing up in LA when I did during the 50'-70's and the best way I could sum it up was; Democrat's hired black help and Republican's had white servants. Their lives were the same but different; I don't know about you, but I would rather help someone than be their servant. Same thing different set of values and treatment.
OK you dragged it out of me... If you lost some opportunity that you deserved, shame on you for not taking action on it. If you lost the job to someone else who was equally or more qualified than you; thank you for not whining because it's the real world where nothing is fair and all are not created equal but some know how to play the game better.

I was assuming back then that the person that got the job was the person the employer thot right for it even if I was disappointed. I've never been one to be wrapped up in the color thing. Wether it was affirmative action or not. I just moved on and didn't whine.
I'd rather help also but if you're talking about housekeepers etc, they should be employees and not servants since they arre employees. Personal interaction depends on the employer. Or level of it. If I were a millionaire I'd hope I'd lots of helpers but I would never treat them as servants like iin the 'old days'.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You make it sound as if Hispanic Dominicans don't want to be considered black, but don't you mean that black Dominicans aren't accepted by the Dominican community?

90% of Dominicans are black or mixed. They accept themselves as Dominicans, they just choose to ignore their African roots.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was assuming back then that the person that got the job was the person the employer thot right for it even if I was disappointed. I've never been one to be wrapped up in the color thing. Wether it was affirmative action or not. I just moved on and didn't whine.
I'd rather help also but if you're talking about housekeepers etc, they should be employees and not servants since they arre employees. Personal interaction depends on the employer. Or level of it. If I were a millionaire I'd hope I'd lots of helpers but I would never treat them as servants like iin the 'old days'.

That's why I love you! You big white hugable heeb!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
90% of Dominicans are black or mixed. They accept themselves as Dominicans, they just choose to ignore their African roots.

:biggrin1: I'm part Irish but I always say black when stupid people ask me what I am. :rolleyes: I don't ignore my Irish ancestry, it's just that it's not exactly visible, unless of course I am drinking a sailor twice my size under the table. :cool:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good one, but I'm sure she's heard it a million times.

Oh that doesn't bother me, as I don't hear it all that often. :smile:

What was annoying, was having my ex-bf who was, of Irish heritage ask me if I wanted some Irish in me every St. Patrick's Day. :rolleyes:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Oh that doesn't bother me, as I don't hear it all that often. :smile:

What was annoying, was having my ex-bf who was, of Irish heritage ask me if I wanted some Irish in me every St. Patrick's Day. :rolleyes:

Yes I'm sure that line is as fresh as when I ask my BF if he wants to become Jewish my injection.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Mem darling,

As we both know Dominicans are not the only Latin Americans who chose to ignore any african blood in their gene pool. It is sad really that we all have been so deeply affected by the residual effects of the New World slave trade.