san diego zoo

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The San Diego Zoo is a wonderful place. I would love to work there. I don't know where you live now, but the cost of living in San Diego is above the national average. I think the average rent is about $1,200.00 a month. The cost of having a car is also very high in California.
I did a quick calculation of your pay rate and after taxes I think you would need to find a place close to work and share with expenses with one or two other people until you are earning a bit more money.
Please don't let me discourage you San Diego is great place to live.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The San Diego Zoo is a wonderful place. I would love to work there. I don't know where you live now, but the cost of living in San Diego is above the national average. I think the average rent is about $1,200.00 a month. The cost of having a car is also very high in California.
I did a quick calculation of your pay rate and after taxes I think you would need to find a place close to work and share with expenses with one or two other people until you are earning a bit more money.
Please don't let me discourage you San Diego is great place to live.

THis actually shouldn't be too discouraging. Many people have to find ways to live on a budget and succeed nicely, especially first starting out :smile:

As nudey says, you're not going to be rich, but 19/hour starting, is very reasonable, even here in Cali. What kind of position is it? Are there advancements? Where do you live now?