San francisco trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So, I'm going to San Francisco for a week on Tuesday, and I'm SUPER excited cause a lot of fuck-able gay guys live there WWWWAAAA!!! Anyone here in the area? What's it like? Where the hot spots I can't miss? I CAN'T FUCKIN WAIT!!!

In high school I was one of three guys out of the closet my freshman year. Now I'm going to the gay capital of the world. WOW...

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you might find visiting The Castro quite worthwhile. sorry I can't suggest any places; it's been a long time since I was there.

if you enjoy wine, consider a side trip to Napa Valley or Sonoma.

oh, and pay the exorbitant tourist-trap price of $5.00 and ride a cable car... half way to the stars.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
BOO- come down the coast to San Diego. Much better weather. Mark Twain once said- "The coldest winter I ever knew was summer in San Francisco."

Yep, and we are in a colder then normal cycle, to boot :mad:

Smaccoms, bring warm clothes :cool: and enjoy. I'm about 2 hrs south, so not real familiar with SF

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Castro, got it. I don't know family I can visit in San Diego. A cable car to the stars, sounds intriguing, I did always like the stars. By cold do you mean 60's everyday? Cause 60's are freakin AWESOME!!! I might have to check out San Diego sometime though, if guys like you live there, fuck. Can't wait to visit a gay bar, I've never been before, only just turn 21 at the beginning of the summer...

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Castro, got it. I don't know family I can visit in San Diego. A cable car to the stars, sounds intriguing, I did always like the stars. By cold do you mean 60's everyday? Cause 60's are freakin AWESOME!!! I might have to check out San Diego sometime though, if guys like you live there, fuck. Can't wait to visit a gay bar, I've never been before, only just turn 21 at the beginning of the summer...

It aint all it's cracked up to be, kid :p

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK here are my suggestions...
Castro
The Edge 4149 18th Street. Stiff drinks and men.
The Metro 3600 18th St @ Noe Bar, Lounge and restaurant with a deck that is great for people watching.
Mix 4086 18th St The only gay sports bar in SF.
SF Badlands 4131 18th Street Video Dance Bar

SOMA
Lone Star Saloon 1354 Harrison Street. They bill themselves as "Bears, Bikers and Mayhem."
There used to be a place near Union Square called Ginger's Trois but I think they closed but I'm not sure... if not it's at 246 Kearny @ Sutter
I would suggest you take the cable car over to Fisherman's Warf it's touristy but it's fun to eat fresh crab and corn on the cob out of a bucket and people watch.
Check out Union Square, Neiman Marcus is in the place of the old City of Paris Store and they maintained the atrium and there is a great restaurant on the top level. Check out Gumps while you are in the neighborhood it's fun to go in and daydream because they have 100's of things you never knew you wanted before.
On the non-gay scene it's fun to get dressed up and go to the Empire Plush Room for a drink. Or checkout the nightclub cabaret at night. 940 Sutter Street.
San Francisco is a great city I've always had fun there.
Have a great time!

Last edited:

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It aint all it's cracked up to be, kid :p

A. I am not a kid.

B. I'm still excited, cause it's still something new and different.

C. Most important of all, I get to...DANCE!!! HELLZ YEA!!!

OK here are my suggestions...
Castro
The Edge 4149 18th Street. Stiff drinks and men.
The Metro 3600 18th St @ Noe Bar, Lounge and restaurant with a deck that is great for people watching.
Mix 4086 18th St The only gay sports bar in SF.
SF Badlands 4131 18th Street Video Dance Bar

SOMA
Lone Star Saloon 1354 Harrison Street. They bill themselves as "Bears, Bikers and Mayhem."
There used to be a place near Union Square called Ginger's Trois but I think they closed but I'm not sure... if not it's at 246 Kearny @ Sutter
I would suggest you take the cable car over to Fisherman's Warf it's touristy but it's fun to eat fresh crab and corn on the cob out of a bucket and people watch.
Check out Union Square, Neiman Marcus is in the place of the old City of Paris Store and they maintained the atrium and there is a great restaurant on the top level. Check out Gumps while you are in the neighborhood it's fun to go in and daydream because they have 100's of things you never knew you wanted before.
On the non-gay scene it's fun to get dressed up and go to the Empire Plush Room for a drink. Or checkout the nightclub cabaret at night. 940 Sutter Street.
San Francisco is a great city I've always had fun there.
Have a great time!

I will definitely check these places out, thanks for the advice, I haven't done any of my own research yet, lawl...

welcome to my City! :)
i live in the Castro so am happy to answer any questions u have etc. email me at bigheadben at gmail if ya like. enjoy your stay. it looks like it might warm up a lil bit in time for your arrival.

It looks like Castro's a good place to start, being everyone's mentioned it so far, maybe I'll see you there, :)

wow, this is SO fucking exciting, haha :biggrin1:

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If you have time, come up to Sonoma County via Golden Gate Transit and see some of the North Coast countryside. See Healdsburg (in the center of the Wine Country- it has a cool town square with lots of wine tasting) The GG Transit go there, Also, you can get off and take a local bus from Santa Rosa to Guernville on the Russian River. A large gay community is there and lots of bars. I don't know when the "Bear Days" are-they may be on and are lots of fun. The Sisiters of Perpetual Indulgence hang out there. see: Russian River Getaways vacation rentals ALL ABOUT GUERNEVILLE for Guerneville, Monte Rio, Forestville, Duncans Mills and Cazadero in Northern California Sonoma County lol Sorry but I will be on my way to Europe on Wed. the 25th for 6 weeks-Scotland, Madrid, Paris and Aachen. Enjoy your stay!:biggrin1::biggrin1::tongue::tongue::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One day, I want to go back to San Fran and experience it's awesomeness once again. It'll be at least a year--maybe I'll try for an internship there or something? The idea of moving there is so fantastic. The only reason I'm staying in Amherst, MA is to get into my field (Kinesiology). I'm graduating in august, so maybe next summer I'll be able to figure something out, if I manage to save enough money, and find a job there. Maybe I should give it two years. Damn I love that place...

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well I had a two hour two of the castro--that was fantastic. I visited Alcatraz, it was interesting (but never again haha). I hit the city one night on my own--I got back to my uncles around 5 am I think it was. I did go on a cable car, saw the house used for filming in Mrs. Doubtfire--totally awesome. Visited the office to, what's it called, Nob Hill Theater? I want to go inside someday (did not get the chance). Went to the Cable Car Museum, and that one museum with the fuck I can't describe it, the toy-boxes thing, it's near the docks (so frickin touristy down there--damn). I would love to go wine tasting in the country there someday, whenever that will happen (my other uncle does do wine country touring--apparently he's done touring across the entire city, and knows it like the back of his hand). I loved walking around the castro, and the city in general IT WAS SO GAY! I never did realize how caged it is everywhere else, where you're the odd man out cause you're gay. Walking around a city where half the guys I pass by check me out on the other end it was absolutely ridiculous! It made me realize I need to give myself some credit, maybe I should actually start dating. The tour guide (for the Castro) told me I was either an Otter, or...I forget the other one. I've lost weight since then too, which i think means I fit into "Otter" even more so than I did then (perhaps I should up date my photos). The place was amazing. I can't think of anything else I did while there. I totally want to go back, and stay for longer. Thats why I was thinking the internship (or something, I really don't know what the job market, or the economy over there. People say it's not doing all that well right now...it's a shame really)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm glad you had fun, there are 100's of fun things to do. Next time you go back China Town is worth a visit. Once of my favorite things to do is to take the ferry over to Sausalito and walk around and have lunch.
If you take a wine country tour plan on spending the night.