Sara Palin gets crank called

D_VictorVikkiTielVictoria

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't believe she fell for this.
Worse than that, as far as national security goes, anyone could fool this broad.
How in the hell can anyone with half a brain vote for the McCain/ Palin ticket after this?
The story just broke on msnbc.
If this doesn't sink McCain, nothing will, and we're in more trouble than I thought

YouTube - Sarah Palin gets a prank call from "Nicolas Sarkozy"

Last edited:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sad, but I wasn't expecting more than this from her.

Well, as an undecided...McCain wasn't even an option. Looks like Obama or Write in. Leaning more towards Write in.

The McCain Campaign has shown that they like to point the finger and re-direct the focus of issues away from their campaign.

So who is everybody going to write in?
Mickey Mouse?
Betty Boop?
Woody Woodpecker?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Sadly, I was disappointed.

Not because she got pranked... but because she handled it so poorly. I had hoped she would laugh it off and make light of the situation. Instead, she passes the phone off.

I think the worst part was, how she went along with the conversation, not really having a clue who he was or what he stood for. It made her seem rather dumb.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I posted about this earlier today. I'm guessing (in her partial defense) that her staff was pranked first, and that they had been convinced to expect a phone call from President Sarkozy. They had Palin nearby and ready, and I don't blame her for trusting her staff on matters like this. They were, presumably, more carefully vetted than she had been.

But there were some serious problems she should have picked up on: besides the obviously inappropriate lines, someone who had actual foreign policy experience might have known that's not Sarkozy's voice, and he doesn't speak English. When he addressed Congress last year, he addressed them in French and used a translator.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

arrivaderciroma

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm not voting for her or Mccain but she tried her best. She might have been better at the banter with the bozo; but her staff let her down too, don't forget.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
hmmm Sexist remarks here. hmmm Bigotry exhibiting itself.

Anybody who pulls a stunt like that is dumb as hell. That call may very well have been traced, and somebody is going to be answering for fraud and other charges. Peeps don't be playing stupid with the government. The government already has the ability to look into your yard by satelite. A man here went to protest the property valuation on a run down empty mall he owns. The appraisal board tried to claim it was operating. They immediately pulled it up by satelite on their computer. It showed two cars sitting on the property. The appraisers claimed it showed customers. The cars belonged to his security guards.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm not voting for her or Mccain but she tried her best. She might have been better at the banter with the bozo; but her staff let her down too, don't forget.

She sounded starstruck, went along with everything he said and frankly, missed a LOT of clues that this was a gag! UUUGGHH! I almost choked on my "Freedom Fries"!:wink:
(I thought Republicans hated France anyway? Why are they trying to kiss up now? OHHH that old "any port in a storm thing" - sorry)

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anybody who pulls a stunt like that is dumb as hell. That call may very well have been traced, and somebody is going to be answering for fraud and other charges.

Doesn't need to be traced: It came from CKOI-FM in Montreal, and the callers identified themselves. I'm not sure that this is any more 'fraud' than, say, Candid Camera or any of its imitators.

That's what Sarah Palin gets for agreeing to speak to them without any preconditions. :wink:

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
hmmm Sexist remarks here. hmmm Bigotry exhibiting itself.

Anybody who pulls a stunt like that is dumb as hell. That call may very well have been traced, and somebody is going to be answering for fraud and other charges. Peeps don't be playing stupid with the government. The government already has the ability to look into your yard by satelite. A man here went to protest the property valuation on a run down empty mall he owns. The appraisal board tried to claim it was operating. They immediately pulled it up by satelite on their computer. It showed two cars sitting on the property. The appraisers claimed it showed customers. The cars belonged to his security guards.

The call came from CKY - Montreal. A Canadian radio station! Unless you're prepared for ANOTHER international incident - cool it Hootie!

Personally - I'd be ALL FOR invading Canada if our military wasn't tied up in two other stupid wars in Iraq and Afghanistan! They have delicious candy like CoffeeCrisp, Smarties (BETTER than M&M's!) and of course MacIntosh's Toffee. You can also get vinegar with your fries up there instead on just ketchup...

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The call came from CKY - Montreal. A Canadian radio station! Unless you're prepared for ANOTHER international incident - cool it Hootie!

Personally - I'd be ALL FOR invading Canada if our military wasn't tied up in two other stupid wars in Iraq and Afghanistan! They have delicious candy like CoffeeCrisp, Smarties (BETTER than M&M's!) and of course MacIntosh's Toffee. You can also get vinegar with your fries up there instead on just ketchup...

Say no more... where I can enlist!?

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media

Your reply is stupid. I was making a general statement as a warning. I work for the government, and we are constantly used to locate people all over the country.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If that's all it takes...the next call in line would be from Osama Bin Laden....

Palin Staff: "hello?"
Radio douchebags: "YES YES Mr. Osama Bin Laden wishes to surrender himself to the maverick McClain - we loved those DieHard movies by the way - and Governor Moose Shooter Palin!"

Palin Staff: "....ok..."
Radio Douchebags: "All mighty ALLAH requires is that she shows her tits and Osama will thrust his sword of surrender between the mountains of American Justice - over and over again, if need be"

Palin Staff: "but he'll surrender right? That would really help us out because we're sucking wind here and W hasn't done sh*t in 8 YEARS!"

Radio Douchebags: "Oh yes....eventually you will see the drippy white trail of muslim disgrace COVERING your mountains of American Justice - you can SKI down it to victory in your crazy free election process."

Palin Staff: "But then Osama will surrender right?"

Radio Douchebags: HAHAHAHHA!!! (click!)

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Do you by chance fly a black helicopter?

You know, so many of you make light of it but most of you don't have a clue as to how widely you are watched. The current congress giving the executive branch such sweeping powers to spy on us is beyond what I can ever logically reason out. Not a day goes by that I am not asked by the government for someone's location.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Your reply is stupid. I was making a general statement as a warning. I work for the government, and we are constantly used to locate people all over the country.

Are you proud of that Hootie? seriously - this is America and we surrended a lot of our personal privacy rights under "W" for the sake of "security". what has that got us? A bunch of little nerds like you peeking into everyones lives in the name of "security?" Find a new job man - you'll need one soon...