Sarah and Newt or Newt and Sarah?

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the upcoming 2012 Presidential run; which of these two fine people should receive the nod for Presidential candidate and thereby give the other one second billing?

There are good selling points for both Palin and Gingrich. Meanwhile, President Obama has been dealt the Dinkins card.

The Dinkins card refers to the terrible spot David Dinkins landed in back in 1989 when he became the first non-white Mayor of New York City. After 12 years of Ed 'How'm I doin'?' Koch, which saw the affordable housing market disintegrate (SROs were condemned, torn down replaced by luxury hi-rises), as well as a general malaise which tore through the city along with an ever increasing homeless population. Dinkins had his hands tied. As a black man he was being monitored constantly and every last thing he did brought a response- many, perhaps most, not very good.

Now, Obama is in a similar place. Many of those initially for him (or for Hillary before Obama got the nod), expect lickety-split results. A gleaming economy, with higher wages, lower unemployment, no military conflicts, people buying whatever they please, lower interest rates for mortgages and credit cards, higher interest rates on savings, etc. etc.

Meanwhile the persons who were against him are stacking up lists of his failures (real and imagined). Compiling data on how much more, percentage wise it costs to feed and house a family, how much more an education costs the children, etc. etc.

So President Obama has his work cut out for himself. He may succeed, he may fail. In any event the Republeaklands are looking to get a couple of smooth talkers- you betcha ya:wink:- on the ballot and Newt and Sarah are eager to get in there. The only question is who should be the lead? Newtie the Cutie or Sarah the Moose Skinner?

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gingrich and someone....but not Palin.

Most likely Romney.

I like Sarah but she is lending herself to more of a cheerleader role and will not be a viable candidate for the repubs.

Don;t rule out Scott Brown ending up in the mix.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Romney would be destroyed in an election against Obama. His flip flops make Kerry look like a flatlining heart attack patient. The guy was FOR gay rights before he was against them. He was FOR universal healthcare before he was against it. The guy ran for the Senate in '94 to the LEFT of Kennedy on a lot of issues. The guy is literally an opportunistic politician with great hair. He has ZERO chance in a general election. Palin would get destroyed too, especially in any one on one debate with Obama. I can see an unknown Republican like Tim Pawlenty or Haley Barbour having a semblance of a chance (perhaps within 5% of Obama), but to be honest, I see any Republican going up in 2012 as a sacrificial lamb, barring another economic meltdown or any major scandal. 2016 will be the year to watch for. Will Hillary run again? Will Joe Biden? What about Jeb Bush?

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jeb Bush is having too much fun making millions railroading the Florida Legislature as a lobbyist these days... Wait til 2016 for him to pop up with a cadre of corporatist military industrial complex assholes backing him.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Id be interested to find out who the Dems are going to put up. Should be fascinating. You have to think that Hillary is going to give it one last shot. So perhaps a Hillary/Biden primary contest. Should be fascinating.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Biden has already said he is done with politics whenever his time is up as VP.

Hillary could certainly run in 2016... She'll only be 69-70yrs old if I'm not mistaken.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
tallpaguy- I dont know- unless you say something like "If nominated I will not run, if elected, I will not serve" it's pretty much always a maybe. I wouldnt be surprised if he changed his mind, let's put it that way :)

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Palin can never win in the true conservative states like Texas. I know of some small town Texas folk who wound never vote for her simply because the CORRECT place for a woman is barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

I wonder how the right wing religious zealots plan on dealing with the pesky issue of Romney being a Mormon and thus a heathen?