Sarah Dear Wants to Bomb Iran

D

deleted15807

I really couldn't let this pass. With John McCain singing 'Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran' and now Sarah suggesting the US should bomb Iran is there any doubt if McCain/Palin had won the election the United States would now have three wars going? binLaden could not have done a better job of destroying America than McCain/Palin. I'm sure this war like all the others would be put on Uncle Sam's VISA card too.

US conservative darling Sarah Palin says she thinks President Barack Obama should declare war on Iran.

The National Iranian-American Council notes a congruity:

Forgetting for a moment that it is the Congress, not the President, that is empowered with the authority to declare war, this is a pretty brash statement, even for Palin. It is rare that a public figure would call for military action against Iran so explicity — and to call for such drastic action as a purely political ploy breaks an even stronger taboo in Washington circles.

Andrew Sullivan writes:
My view is that, until you understand the depths of Palin's Christianism - she explicitly called for "divine intervention" in her Q and A - you can't understand her foreign policy. It's about the End-Times. And how to follow God's will.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What a fucking crackpot. Holy shit I'm glad the country woke up and didn't elect those two warmongers. Hopefully we'll get it right this fall and kick out every incumbent in sight.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What a fucking crackpot. Holy shit I'm glad the country woke up and didn't elect those two warmongers. Hopefully we'll get it right this fall and kick out every incumbent in sight.

This is an absurd suggestion. The last thing needed at this juncture is a legislative branch full of freshmen.

A measured balance of veterans and eager freshmen would be ideal. But a wholesale whitewashing of every incumbant is an irresponsible and fanatical solicitation.:rolleyes:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Sarah Palin is not the problem. The problem is the increasing incompetence of individuals we promote and elect to political office. John McCain was only questionable because of his advanced age. We are asking a candidate to take on the job with the least satisfaction and the highest pressure in this country and we seem to be willing to settle for individuals who are at best questionable. Palin was at the time of her campaign for Vice President under scrutiny for her service as Governor of the State of Alaska and for many minor things that when combined could have indicated a person with actual psychological problems which could affect judgment under pressure. Palin may or may not be a great person, but her verbal statements would tend to indicate that she had some problems.

For some time we have been electing celebrities. Surprisingly Ronald Reagan was not the first, but he was the first in a far more modern succession of people of dubious merit once in office. Also elected in various locations were actor Fred Grandy who portrayed "Gopher" on "The Love Boat", Nancy Kulp, long time character actress probably best known by character as "Jane Hathaway" in the original Beverly Hillbillies, Professional Wrestler Jesse Ventura and stand up comic Al Franken have also been elected. In California Sheila Kuehl has been on office for a long time. Sheila Kuehl was best known as actress Sheila James who portrayed a character on the 1950's television sit-com, "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis/Dobie Gillis". We elect them not because of their qualifications, but because we remember them from their roles on the screen or the tube. People in New Mexico are currently trying to get Val Kilmer to run for Governor.

The next bunch we tend to elect by profession are "trial-lawyers". Currently in New Mexico we have this very annoying "ambulance chaser" advertising out of Albuquerque. The thought of his whiney voice and his attitude were he to run for office scares me. Yet at the same time if he were to run for office here, his face is well known and his commercials would in some manner constitute a political statement. Because he says: "I'll fight for you!" the man would probably get elected, and it does not mean he is qualified even to be a trial lawyer. The Bar ASsociation of New Mexico granted him a license. It does not mean he is competent or can do what he says even as a lawyer.

Why are we as a people so anxious to settle for what we are being given as candidates for office? Why do we settle for people with so few questions? Why don't we in truth really ask questions as to what makes these people feel that they can solve problems that their predecessors could not in many decades?

What we have right now is not the fault of Barak Obama, it was not the fault per se even of George W. Bush. It is the fault of every United States voter because it was all of us that managed by either turning out or not turning out to put that guy in office. It was our responsibility to dig into their virtues and faults before the election and it was our responsibility to cast our ballots not for the most popular, but for the most qualified individual who had actual experience and a proven track record that was good in the areas of financial management, negotiation, legislation, and the person who is best suited to represent this country in a world of many different countries with many different customs, languages, viewpoints, and backgrounds.

Sarah Palin is a charismatic imbecile. She has had her ten minutes of popularity and loves it in front of the camera. She is vocal because it gets her another 15 second again and again. Her vocal tirades against the many over the virtues of her daughter were not for her daughter but were self serving and to keep her own name out there. What surprises me is that there are many who think she would make a great President. Personally, though some would disagree I would not elect that woman to be President of the PTA. She is opportunistic, stubborn, self-centered, vengeful, inflammatory, ill-informed, arrogant, and very prone to putting her big mouth in gear before engaging her brain. She is also prone to stretching the truth to the breaking point.

When all of us give this woman press in any manner she moves closer and closer to office because the ill informed will go by the picture "painted" by other opportunists out to use her for their own gain. That is why she was on a Presidential ticket at all. She was a wild card. It was also thought that the Candidate that they were going up against was Hillary Clinton. When it became Barak Obama they should have dumped Palin instantly.

Palin becomes President I move to another Planet!

Last edited:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Any effort to eliminate someone of a specific interest group like a 'celebrity' from office would blatantly violate the 14th Amendment... A better method would be to require that all Federal political candidates undergo a professional, non-partisan 'review process', which would be functionally identical to the same process a potential new employee undergoes before being hired. Professionals skills/qualifications for the job would be verified, a thorough background check would be done. Candidates who did not pass muster would not be placed on the ballot... But we all know that isn't ever happening, because people would never agree on what the 'qualifications' would be, and such a method would probably be corrupted somehow... Better to leave things simple sometimes.

This is an absurd suggestion. The last thing needed at this juncture is a legislative branch full of freshmen.

A measured balance of veterans and eager freshmen would be ideal. But a wholesale whitewashing of every incumbant is an irresponsible and fanatical solicitation.:rolleyes:
Umm, if I'm a 'fanatic' and 'irresponsible', then so is 2/3rds of the country.

CNN Poll: Anti-incumbent fever at record high
February 24, 2010 10:36 a.m. EST

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll, released Tuesday, indicates that only 34 percent feel that current federal lawmakers deserve re-election, with 63 percent saying no.

You seriously need to learn how to treat people with some respect. Especially since you often don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

123scotty

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
this is the best advert for a united europe and euro. if america had have voted those two clowns in war with iran would have started and iran has a good assortment of weapons. and no doubt the american lackeys yes the uk would have hop skipped and jumped into this conflict to. note to e.u get your act together especially on foreign policy

B_Mister Buildington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Just pointing out that, once again, we've had jokes about literally killing Palin on the first page of the thread. I don't have a problem with it, just noticing that I don't really hear other politicians being talked about like this, no matter how hated they are. Sure, people talked about having Bush convicted and executed for war crimes, but I rarely if ever heard fantasies about personally killing him.

I'm not sure what this means, but it seems to be a lasting trend, and not only on lpsg.