Sarah Palin an absolute grand slam homerun Veep pick

dadboned39

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Think Sarah is a pure Bitch!!!

She fired the libriabiran because she wouldnt get rid of books, but then fired her when becomming mayor/

she tried to get her bro in law fired because he divorced her sister, but when she couldnt do it as govornor she fired his boss

they said she didnt want the bridge to no where, but where did she shovel the money to ($220 Million thats still there)

stamrod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Uh, back to high school American government classes for you.

What? You think that the US doesn't ban books? Sure it goes against the Bill of Rights and free speech, but they've done it before when they've felt there was enough reason.

Nine books were banned under the Methamphetamine Anti-Proliferation Act in 1999. And it was a Democrat who signed it into law. It's not as uncommon as you might think, and it starts with Congress, not the President. Get your facts straight before you start telling people to go back to high school.

D

deleted15807

Pointless, First there were many black Americans at the convention, where you there? Most important all were welcome.

If politicans who happen to be black are not being elected, perhaps they are not speaking to their electorate. But your implication that they are not welcome is just non sense

Hilarious!! You are TOO TOO FUNNY!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

stamrod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Think Sarah is a pure Bitch!!!

She fired the libriabiran because she wouldnt get rid of books, but then fired her when becomming mayor/

she tried to get her bro in law fired because he divorced her sister, but when she couldnt do it as govornor she fired his boss

they said she didnt want the bridge to no where, but where did she shovel the money to ($220 Million thats still there)

Yeah, keep trying to spread the lies.

She fired everyone from the previous administration, then hired a bunch back, including the librarian.

The brother-in-law did get fired, but now he's back after going through counseling and stuff. She had justification for firing the brother-in-laws boss. He lied to her and when she offered him another, lower position, he refused it. That's why he was fired.

The money went to other road projects. It's been mentioned before.

She's a distraction from the real issues, unfortunately.
Yeah, unfortunately, everyone's focused on the rumors and lies right now to focus on the issues.

I don't mind people saying they don't want her as VP if they don't like her abortion stance, her lack of foreign policy experience (although Obama is pretty inexperienced as well), or the fact that she's been shielded from the media a lot. There's alot of problems with the McCain/Palin ticket, but they don't involve book banning, teen pregnancies, or even her hirings and firings while mayor and governor.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, keep trying to spread the lies.

She fired everyone from the previous administration, then hired a bunch back, including the librarian.

The brother-in-law did get fired, but now he's back after going through counseling and stuff. She had justification for firing the brother-in-laws boss. He lied to her and when she offered him another, lower position, he refused it. That's why he was fired.

The money went to other road projects. It's been mentioned before.

Yeah, unfortunately, everyone's focused on the rumors and lies right now to focus on the issues.

I don't mind people saying they don't want her as VP if they don't like her abortion stance, her lack of foreign policy experience (although Obama is pretty inexperienced as well), or the fact that she's been shielded from the media a lot. There's alot of problems with the McCain/Palin ticket, but they don't involve book banning, teen pregnancies, or even her hirings and firings while mayor and governor.
I don't want her as VP because I don't like her abortion stance, her lack of foreign policy experience , or the fact that she's been shielded from the media a lot.

D

deleted15807

That's nice, a red herring fallacy and an ad hominem all in one sentence. The fact is that Big Oil isn't the issue, but if you want to bring it up, Palin has a strong record of taking on the oil companies and ensuring that Alaskans got paid their fair share of the profits from Alaskan oil.

Hush you up!! I'm gonna pray for you tonight and the polar bears that aren't endangered. God I cannot wait to get at ANWAR. My loins are on fire for that oil.

davec94

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She did fire the librarian, but hired her back the next day. Why? She asked for resignations from all the mayor-appointed positions in Wasilla. It was a test to see how tied they were to the previous administration. This was also done before the second time she asked about book censorship. Excerpt from Newsweek article if you want more details or proof:

'
oh come on. how stupid does one have to be to believe that she was just asking for 'rhetorical' reasons? And then to further try to base the firing on a 'loyalty test'? That's such bullshit and you know it. The rehirings couldn't have anything to do with the protests by the residents, and she didn't have to hire an administrator due to party concern for that sort of thing right?. She should add this to her platform for this election
- fiscal conservative
- will fire every public servant to test their loyalty.

It's not stealing, its a matter of practice. I get paid for doing overtime at home as well. Clinton probably did the same thing in Arkansas. Governors or any executive works more than just in the office. Charging for work done from home is commonplace.
She was charging a per diem allowance that was intended for expenses incurred while TRAVELLING, not staying at home. If i did that, and then claimed it as overtime because i was working more than 40 hours a week, i would not be praised, i would be unemployed. She even had to edit her expense reports to remove where it said she was staying in her home 24 times. i'm pretty sure she KNEW what she was doing was wrong. There appears to be loopholes in the policy that make this 'not illegal', but she still chose to partake.

She reduced the size of the government, cut spending, and lowered taxes. Alaska had a 5 billion surplus because of that (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/04/us/politics/04alaska.html). That's what she did as as Governor and that is a record of fiscal conservatism. Of course, you can bring up that she left her town in $20 million in debt, but the fact is that the town was in worse debt when she began her term. Saying that she's lying about being a fiscal conservative is just plain bull.
The article you linked doesn't say that she reduced government, cut spending, nor lowered taxes... And the town was not in worse debt before her term... unless 0 is greater than 20 million.

Yes, they could've paid for the programs themselves with that surplus, but at least those earmarks was 50% less than what Obama got for Illinois. Of course, the liberal spinsters like to point out that it's the highest per capita, but considering the infrastructure, energy, and other developments in Alaska, a relatively undeveloped, rural expanse, it's a misleading statistic.
How is it a 'misleading statistic'? Just because you say so? Illinois has 13million people, Alaska has 690000 people and they brought home nearly the same amount of federal cash (obama 311 million, Palin 198 - why do you say less than 50%?). I don't see how being desolate and resource rich justifies spending federal money more than having 13 million people to take care of.

Why do you keep using the word 'liberal' as some kind of insult? It's obvious that you are okay with redistribution of wealth as long as a state is a relatively undeveloped rural expanse.

davec94

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nine books were banned under the Methamphetamine Anti-Proliferation Act in 1999. And it was a Democrat who signed it into law. It's not as uncommon as you might think, and it starts with Congress, not the President. Get your facts straight before you start telling people to go back to high school.

oh was it a democrat who is running for VP?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The more we find out about Sarah's church, the more disturbing the image gets. Funny, people aren't obssessing over her pastor's crazy rants like they did Obama's. Whatev, it'll only help them anyway, the only thing America loves more than war vets is psychotic preachers.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't see Yosemite Sam McCain going anywhere this year, especially not with the Tundra Blunder on the ticket.

Going anywhere..... wow it's tied, and you still see the "landslide".

The Dems woke up last week with a moose head in their bed. And their tone and rancor is becoming more and more of a turn-off.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What? You think that the US doesn't ban books? Sure it goes against the Bill of Rights and free speech, but they've done it before when they've felt there was enough reason.

Local communities can ban books, it isn't "only congress".

Local communities like little conservative Alaska towns still try, sometimes.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Going anywhere..... wow it's tied, and you still see the "landslide".
Landslide is coming. Mark my words. You conservative nitwits seem to think because you love her, America will love her. 2 months is just about enough time for the backlash against her to hit full stride.

It's already starting. She is way too right wing to be palatable to the American public.

No abortions, even for rape victims? That will not fly.

Saying "our leaders, our national leaders, are sending our troops to Iraq on a task from God" too Bushy.

It aint gonna happen. They cant shield her forever.

atomicTIGER

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thats true Sarah said God himself told George Bush to start this war. That is what she believes. Anyhow you can put lipstick on a pig---but its still a pig!

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see we are off topic (AGAIN)

I have been thinking about the OP's original premise.

I would first start out by saying that a vice president candidate is chosen with thoughts of being a help during the election, i.e. contributing to a win.

Immediately, we know the question will not be answered definitely until after the election and it is probably best left to historians to decide after we are all dead.

In order to be a grand slam, John McCain must win and would not have been able to win with any other VP pick.

Then looking back historically.
Has any VP pick been responsible for victory?

I can not think of anyone in the past 50 years that has been much of a help.
People did not pick Nixon because of Agnew. They did not pick Clinton because of Al Gore. They did not pick George Bush because of Dan Quayle. People might pick McCain because of Sarah Palin. If nothing else many of the Republican base will vote for McCain instead of staying home because of Sarah Palin. They would have stayed home if he picked Joe Lieberman. And his defeat would have been guaranteed!

Maybe Lyndon Johnson helped elect Kennedy by dirty politics with his political machine in Texas. Not really a "legal" home run but effective none the less.

Remember in the very early days of the republic, the vice president was the candidate that lost the presidential election.
Imagine George Bush as president with Al Gore as his VP.

Anyone care to comment on the topic? :smile:

BTW as much as many people in the politics do not want to have a realistic view of the world I think McCain may win and that he would not have won without an out of the park VP pick. I originally thought his best pick might have been Romney but now it looks like Palin might get him more votes and campaign contributions than Romney could have. And if he wins in a close race that Palin would have been the reason.

I think Joe Biden was a mediocre pick at best. And maybe a poor pick. He hurt his "Change" message by picking "Mr. Democratic Washington Establishment". Hilliary was his best choice. Either he didn't want her or she didn't want him or both.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then looking back historically.
Has any VP pick been responsible for victory?

I can not think of anyone in the past 50 years that has been much of a help.
People did not pick Nixon because of Agnew. They did not pick Clinton because of Al Gore. They did not pick George Bush because of Dan Quayle. People might pick McCain because of Sarah Palin. If nothing else many of the Republican base will vote for McCain instead of staying home because of Sarah Palin. They would have stayed home if he picked Joe Lieberman. And his defeat would have been guaranteed!

Maybe Lyndon Johnson helped elect Kennedy by dirty politics with his political machine in Texas. Not really a "legal" home run but effective none the less.

Remember in the very early days of the republic, the vice president was the candidate that lost the presidential election.
Imagine George Bush as president with Al Gore as his VP.

Anyone care to comment on the topic? :smile:

BTW as much as many people in the politics do not want to have a realistic view of the world I think McCain may win and that he would not have won without an out of the park VP pick. I originally thought his best pick might have been Romney but now it looks like Palin might get him more votes and campaign contributions than Romney could have. And if he wins in a close race that Palin would have been the reason.

I think Joe Biden was a mediocre pick at best. And maybe a poor pick. He hurt his "Change" message by picking "Mr. Democratic Washington Establishment". Hilliary was his best choice. Either he didn't want her or she didn't want him or both.

Just my opinion.

• No there hasn't been as pivotal a VP pick in your lifetime
  • Biden is such a non-factor (which proves both good/bad)
  • To be a home run, there could be others. I think Colin Powell, but perhaps a triple.
  • Had Obama picked Hillary this would be over