Sarah Palin believes the Earth is 6000 years old!

atomicTIGER

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It spooky the a possible leader of this country can be so stubborn in her religion beliefs to make herself look like a idiot! I hope she understands the concept the the Earth is round not flat. With overwelming proof that the Earth is more than 5 billion years old how can a educated modern human think the Earth is only 6,000 years old!!!HHHAHAhahahahaa:smile::smile::smile::rolleyes::redface::biggrin1::biggrin1:

D

deleted213967

It spooky the a possible leader of this country can be so stubborn in her religion beliefs to make herself look like a idiot! I hope she understands the concept the the Earth is round not flat. With overwelming proof that the Earth is more than 5 billion years old how can a educated modern human think the Earth is only 6,000 years old!!!HHHAHAhahahahaa:smile::smile::smile::rolleyes::redface::biggrin1::biggrin1:

I know where this is going: "But as long as SHE isn't 6,000 years old, I'D DO HER!".

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
The belief that the earth is only 6000 years old is based on a middle ages mathematician taking the ages of the genealogy list in Genesis and Exodus. This mathematician/theologian was Roman Catholic. Well over half of the worlds official Christians are members of The Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church renounced that theory years ago. I dare say that at a majority of theologians in the Protestant and Orthodox branches of Christianity don't believe this theologic relic from the middle ages either. I know that I've never heard such in the United Methodist Chruch, my church.

My point is this is way out of the main stream of Christianity. People who believe that are way over the edge of Christianity. They are extremely fundamentalist. I don't trust or want a fundamentalist of any religion in a position of leader of the USA. That includes a fundamentalist atheist as well. (That would be a person extremely hostile to religions in general.)

When it comes to religion or the lack thereof, I want someone in the middle or at least close to it: Some one who doesn't let try to push their personal beliefs on the rest of us. That is suppose to be unconstitutional.

I am a practicing Christian as I understand who Jesus was. I want to be able to practice my religion without people like Palin trying to force her brand of Christianity on me.

This is her record. (Abortion and birth control) I don't care how she feels about those issue, only how she feels about forcing the rest of us to follow her beliefs in our lives.

Same with this medieval concept of the origin of the earth. With her record, I'm sure she would want to force the rest of us to agree with her.

That would mean she would be very hostile toward all the sciences.

Just another fact in a long list of facts why Palin doesn't need to be anywhere near the lineup of people who might be president.

P.S. Don't forget she believes that God is going to use Alaska to save the world. It's in the Bible, though no one knew about Alaska at the time the Bible was written.

Palin is a nut case or a fraud. not sure which. Hypocrite for sure. That she has proven.

When I hear her name or see her face, the word "bitch" comes to mind.

atomicTIGER

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The belief that the earth is only 6000 years old is based on a middle ages mathematician taking the ages of the genealogy list in Genesis and Exodus. This mathematician/theologian was Roman Catholic. Well over half of the worlds official Christians are members of The Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church renounced that theory years ago. I dare say that at a majority of theologians in the Protestant and Orthodox branches of Christianity don't believe this theologic relic from the middle ages either. I know that I've never heard such in the United Methodist Chruch, my church.

My point is this is way out of the main stream of Christianity. People who believe that are way over the edge of Christianity. They are extremely fundamentalist. I don't trust or want a fundamentalist of any religion in a position of leader of the USA. That includes a fundamentalist atheist as well. (That would be a person extremely hostile to religions in general.)

When it comes to religion or the lack thereof, I want someone in the middle or at least close to it: Some one who doesn't let try to push their personal beliefs on the rest of us. That is suppose to be unconstitutional.

I am a practicing Christian as I understand who Jesus was. I want to be able to practice my religion without people like Palin trying to force her brand of Christianity on me.

This is her record. (Abortion and birth control) I don't care how she feels about those issue, only how she feels about forcing the rest of us to follow her beliefs in our lives.

Same with this medieval concept of the origin of the earth. With her record, I'm sure she would want to force the rest of us to agree with her.

Just another fact in a long list of facts why Palin doesn't need to be anywhere near the lineup of people who might be president.

P.S. Don't forget she believes that God is going to use Alaska to save the world. It's in the Bible, though no one knew about Alaska at the time the Bible was written.

Palin is a nut case or a fraud. not sure which. Hypocrite for sure. That she has proven.

You are very wise and you speak the truth. Palin is a very very dangerous
person. With wild extreme views that threaten our rights. She is close in many ways to the extreme that Adlof Hitler was at the time he fooled the German people to power. She has said and honsetly believes the God himself actually speaks to George Bush and advises him on his war which she wouldn't mind spreading to Iran and Russia. So I guess God is speaking directly to Sarah as well? Maybe thats the next brillient blunder we can expect for Palin and the old white haired wrinkley dude.:rolleyes:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How will we explain to the rest of the world, that the world's most powerful economic, scientific, and technological country has elected a Young Earth Creationist as Vice President.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

I agree with you in spirit if not in detail.

Fundamentalist Christians are FAR MORE dangerous to the US than are fundamentalist muslims for one reason...

Fundamentalist Christians CAN get elected to high office in this country. ( no fundamentalist muslim could)

While I am not an atheist, per se... I am hostile toward religion because of the low standard of moral responsibility... and its willingess to rationalize any transgression. And its presumption that those without religion are "less moral" than those with...

Being "good" out of fear of death, or out of hope for eternal life is not moral- its pure self interest.
Its why most fundamentalist christians identify as conservatives... because conservatives are ruled by self interest.

I would have no problem with an Atheist as president... in so long as that president maintained separation of church and state, and did not infringe on the rights of citizens to worship as they please.

But you have to understand that I find the idea of a president who believes in an invisible magical sky-daddy to be JUST as delusional as one who thinks the earth is 6000 years old.

Both are disregarding fact and evidence to believe in something that is not demonstrable.
And those delusions they suffer from influence their decisions in office.

Amen, brother, amen.

atomicTIGER

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The earth can't be flat or round if Palin can see Russia from her house. It must be concave.
This is all true BUT since no one since has been as spooky as Palin since the evil Adolf Hitler! WHY ARE WE EVEN discussing the EVIL ideas this SATAN worshiping woman Palin holds? She believes America is a evil empire and actually tried to have Alaska sperated from the USA and she would have been the dictator of Alaska and have been worse than Hitler ever was. Burning and destroying all animals and people in her path. That is her dream.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Very true. I've had enough problems having grown up in a family and community full of fundamentalist Christians. I have no problem with Christians who are NOT fundamentalist - one of my friends is a minister, but she's not fundamentalist (obviously! Fundamentalist Christians oppose the ordination of women...) but I don't like fundamentalists of ANY religion. And yes, I've known "fundamentalist atheists" too, and I don't care for them either.

Basically, I don't have a problem with people believing what they want to believe, as long as they aren't pushy about it or go and enact policy that will affect MY life.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Sarah Palin is an extremist to be certain. Her views on religion are only one area where her viewpoints would in fact conflict with the real value systems of most Americans. Her popularity is slipping more and more as she continues to open her mouth. It is for that reason that she is now being "handled" and is keeping her mouth shut. She has already proven herself a huge liability to the McCain campaign.

Watch how prepared her speeches are at this point. She is not answering questions with anything other than prepared statements written and scripted by others to cover her true viewpoints.

This lady is very dangerous and in the event of McCain's death she could jeopardize the safety of this entire country and our freedom of choice as we know it. Think of what a Sarah Palin re-write of the Constitution might look like, if that doesn't scare you nothing will!

D

deleted15807

Sarah Palin is an extremist to be certain. Her views on religion are only one area where her viewpoints would in fact conflict with the real value systems of most Americans. Her popularity is slipping more and more as she continues to open her mouth. It is for that reason that she is now being "handled" and is keeping her mouth shut. She has already proven herself a huge liability to the McCain campaign.

Watch how prepared her speeches are at this point. She is not answering questions with anything other than prepared statements written and scripted by others to cover her true viewpoints.

This lady is very dangerous and in the event of McCain's death she could jeopardize the safety of this entire country and our freedom of choice as we know it. Think of what a Sarah Palin re-write of the Constitution might look like, if that doesn't scare you nothing will!

Did you catch her infomercial on Fox with Hannity? What a complete joke. As long as Faux News is on the air America's descent will continue unabated.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

What reference do you have for that, Freddie?

She believes America is a evil empire and actually tried to have Alaska sperated from the USA and she would have been the dictator of Alaska and have been worse than Hitler ever was.

Sounds like nonsense.
What reference do you have?
(Are you serious? Or just lampooning the Palin opponents?)

BTW, I am not a Palin supporter at all.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh yes indeedy! I really want to see Palin elected
because a women couldn't really hurt us.
Could she?
It makes me cringe every time I hear anyone say she is well qualified to be next in line for "The President" should it be called for.
God forbid!
cigarbabe:saevil:

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media

Where is the proof that she believes this? A quote?

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Honey, she is a creationist. By definition, creationists believe the world is 6k-10k years old.

adn.com | elections : 'Creation science' enters the race

So, yes... she believes the world is 6k years old. Move along...

No.

COMPARISON CHART: Young-Earth Creationism vs. Old-Earth Creationism vs. Theistic Evolution vs. Naturalistic Evolution |

Thanks for posting the article. In it, Gov. Palin makes it clear:

That was how she was brought up, she said. Her father was a public school science teacher.

"My dad did talk a lot about his theories of evolution," she said. "He would show us fossils and say, 'How old do you think these are?' "
Asked for her personal views on evolution, Palin said, "I believe we have a creator."

She would not say whether her belief also allowed her to accept the theory of evolution as fact.

"I'm not going to pretend I know how all this came to be," she said.
• PALIN: "Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information. "Healthy debate is so important and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both. And you know, I say this too as the daughter of a science teacher. Growing up with being so privileged and blessed to be given a lot of information on, on both sides of the subject -- creationism and evolution. It's been a healthy foundation for me. But don't be afraid of information and let kids debate both sides."

"I don't think there should be a prohibition against debate if it comes up in class. It doesn't have to be part of the curriculum."
She added that, if elected, she would not push the state Board of Education to add such creation-based alternatives to the state's required curriculum.
Members of the state school board, which sets minimum requirements, are appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Legislature.
"I won't have religion as a litmus test, or anybody's personal opinion on evolution or creationism," Palin said.

Is there a quote on this?