Sarah Palin believes the Earth is 6000 years old!

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A duck doesn't have to say, "I'm a duck" to be rendered a duck. There is no denial from her that she isn't a creationist. If schools already teach evolution, then why would she suggest to teach both creationism as well as evolution?

!quack!

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
A duck doesn't have to say, "I'm a duck" to be rendered a duck. There is no denial from her that she isn't a creationist. If schools already teach evolution, then why would she suggest to teach both creationism as well as evolution?

!quack!

"Duck Theory"...that is officially the dumbest response I've ever heard. And please click the link and think before you respond about Creationism again.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information. Healthy debate is so important and it's so valuable in our schools.

Yes, and we need to teach the stork theory of human reproduction alongside the theory that humans reproduce through sexual intercourse. Don't be afraid of information! Healthy debate is so important and so valuable in our schools!

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Duck Theory"...that is officially the dumbest response I've ever heard. And please click the link and think before you respond about Creationism again.

The duck theory was especially crafted for your narrow, underdeveloped, feminazi little mind. You apparently need to be spoon fed. Look doll, she wouldn't push creationism in schools if she didn't believe in it. Its really that simple - click the link... read it and accept what it says.

Of course she wouldn't say she's a creationist, then she'd be laughed off the ticket. But the record is there.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, and we need to teach the stork theory of human reproduction alongside the theory that humans reproduce through sexual intercourse. Don't be afraid of information! Healthy debate is so important and so valuable in our schools!

LOL and QFT!

This stuff makes me think back to my school years. I went to public schools that did not teach evolution. They didn't teach creationism either, but basically skirted the issue altogether and said that evolution was "just a theory". Basically, the teachers knew that if they taught evolution, they'd be met with protests from angry parents. (I grew up in a community where nearly everyone was a creationist... now I don't know how they stood about being young earth creationist vs. old earth creationist, but they were nearly all creationists.)

AND... my parents are creationists (I think they're old earth creationists though) as well. I actually only learned about evolution because I was very interested in science and as a child I read science books for "fun". I was especially interested in astronomy, paleontology, physics and geology. The paleontology books got into evolution quite a bit.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Look doll, she wouldn't push creationism in schools if she didn't believe in it. Its really that simple - click the link... read it and accept what it says.

Agreed, simply that she wants this junk-fairytale theory to be taught along factual science...its a joke. People wonder why the US is slipping in all scientific fields....teaching that humans had dinosaur pets is one way to lower standards across the board.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A Tenacious Reformer's Swift Rise - washingtonpost.com

Although her résumé does not fit the mold of most vice presidential nominees, her acts of dissidence appear to have endeared her to McCain, who regards himself as an independent-minded Republican. Her evangelical Christian faith -- she believes in creationism and is adamantly opposed to abortion -- may help him court skeptical social conservatives. And the fact that her eldest son joined the Army and is leaving soon for Iraq reinforces McCain's own military heroism.

Washington Post is the conservative paper in D.C by the way...

Last edited:

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is Sarah Palin a YOUNG EARTH CREATIONIST and a Believer in the SECOND COMING OF JESUS (in Her Lifetime)? Prometheus Unbound

Another valley activist, Philip Munger, says that Palin also helped push the evangelical drive to take over the Mat-Su Borough school board. “She wanted to get people who believed in creationism on the board,” said Munger, a music composer and teacher. “I bumped into her once after my band played at a graduation ceremony at the Assembly of God. I said, ‘Sarah, how can you believe in creationism — your father’s a science teacher.’ And she said, ‘We don’t have to agree on everything.’

More quacking to come, sweetpants...

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

LoL

Stork theory!

Did you make that one up yourself? It's gold, pure gold.

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Stockwell Day believes this as well, used to give lectures on it and how dinos interacted with people. This is a man who ran for Prime Minister of Canada and is no the Minister of defense. good thing he turned in his velocirapter for a jet ski and road that out of the election.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agreed, simply that she wants this junk-fairytale theory to be taught along factual science...its a joke. People wonder why the US is slipping in all scientific fields....teaching that humans had dinosaur pets is one way to lower standards across the board.

WHAT??? You mean Fred Flintstone having Dino is not historically accurate? :biggrin1:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Washington Post is the conservative paper in D.C by the way...

No, you must be thinking of the Washington Times, the paper owned by the Reverend Sun Myung Moon.

Stork theory!

Did you make that one up yourself? It's gold, pure gold.

No, I can't take credit for that, though I'm not sure where I got the idea from. I just did a search and found this page, which contains an excellent Tom Tomorrow cartoon from which I probably got the idea as well as a very sophisticated parody of creationist arguments. I'll quote the latter here (with bold type on the phrases that should sound particularly familiar):

Excerpt from Georgia Skeptic Electronic Newsletter, Fall 1993
Author Unknown
Two different theories exist concerning the origin of children: the theory of sexual reproduction and the theory of the stork. Many people believe in the theory of sexual reproduction because they have been taught this theory at school. In reality, however, many of the world's leading scientists are in favour of the theory of the stork. If the theory of sexual reproduction is taught in schools, it must only be taught as a theory and not as the truth. Alternative theories, such as the theory of the stork, must also be taught. Evidence supporting the theory of the stork include the following:
1. It is a scientifically established fact that the stork does exist. This can be confirmed by every ornithologist.
2. The alleged human fetal development contains several features that the theory of sexual reproduction is unable to explain.
3. The theory of sexual reproduction implies that a child is approximately nine months old at birth. This is an absurd claim, since everyone knows that a newborn child is newborn.
4. According to the theory of sexual reproduction, children are a result of sexual intercourse. There are, however, many well-documented cases where sexual intercourse has not led to the birth of a child.
5. Statistical studies in the Netherlands have indicated a positive correlation between the birth rate and the number of storks. Both are declining.
6. The theory of the stork can be investigated by rigorous scientific methods. The only assumption involved is that children are delivered by the stork.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
What reference do you have for that, Freddie?

Sounds like nonsense.
What reference do you have?
(Are you serious? Or just lampooning the Palin opponents?)

BTW, I am not a Palin supporter at all.

I think he's referring to the fact that certain branches of the Assembly of God church,, of which she was a member from the time she was 4 until she was 38, preach that Alaska will be the refuge of mankind after the apocalypse comes.

Additionally, one of her closest political advisors and mentors is former Alaska governor Wally Hickel, a member of the Alaska Independence Party, which espouses greater autonomy (or even separation) from the U.S. Sarah's never been a member of the AIP, although she's attended party conferences, but Todd was for 7 years.

But Trinity knows all this already. Right?

Last edited:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
"I'm not going to pretend I know how all this came to be," she said.
[/INDENT]• PALIN: "Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information.

Trinity...
You can not teach BOTH in science class because evolution is science and Creationism or intelligent design is delusional religious bullshit.

There is NO 'theory" of intelligent design- no "theory" of creationism. Not one scientific paper, not one experiment, not one iota of evidence for it at all.

Just a bunch of christian nutjobs trying to undermine the meaning of science.

Because it is NOT a science... and because it IS religion, and was found to be so in a US court of LAW ( by a republican appointed judge, no less)

IT CAN NOT BE TAUGHT IN PUBLIC SCHOOL.

The Constitution forbids it.

And for Palin to suggest BOTH should be taught shows that she has no comprehension of science, and fully intends to undermine the Constitution.

And FYI- the judge in the Kansas case found in his opinion that the Intelligent Design supporters acted unethically, committed perjury, and obstructed justice in their thinly veiled attempts to inject religion into a public school curriculum... that they knew full well what they were doing and that their objectives were religious in nature and they knew full well that their actions were illegal and unAmerican.

Of course it is hard to tell if they are anti-American amoral assholes because they are Christians... or if they are anti-American amoral assholes because they are republicans...

But seeing as how I have met christians who value separation of church and state and who entirely accept evolution...
'I have my money on them being anti-american amoral assholes because they are republicans.

to republicans... if you think government is the "problem" not the solution... then tell ya what.... America HAS a government... it has a Constitution.

If you can't support EVERY article of the Constitution.. then get the hell out...

I am sure I speak for the reasonable Americans who value the Constitution when I say that if you will ALL please just LEAVE... we would happily GIVE you Alaska.

As long as you take Palin back with you.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Albert Einstein did, however, retain from his childhood religious phase a profound faith in, and reverence for, the harmony and beauty of what he called the mind of God as it was expressed in the creation of the universe and its laws. - Time Magazine

Albert Einstein believed God created the universe and the laws of universe therein. Albert Einstein was probably a bit of a Theistic Evolutionist but more a Naturalist Evolutionist.

Some Creationists, Young Earth, Old Earth and some Theistic Evolutionist believe in teaching how they believe God created the universe - not in teaching the Bible. God's creation of the universe...along with Evolution. For YEC it would be an alternative. For OEC and TE it would be included in with Evolution.

The duck theory was especially crafted for your narrow, underdeveloped, feminazi little mind. You apparently need to be spoon fed. Look doll, she wouldn't push creationism in schools if she didn't believe in it. Its really that simple - click the link... read it and accept what it says.

Of course she wouldn't say she's a creationist, then she'd be laughed off the ticket. But the record is there.

Apparently your mind isn't advanced enough to understand. LoL. The question is not whether Gov. Palin is a creationist. The question is not whether she favors including creationist teaching along side evolution. The first article established that she favors it but has not forwarded that as Govenor. The question is whether there is proof supporting the title of this thread.

Is Sarah Palin a YOUNG EARTH CREATIONIST and a Believer in the SECOND COMING OF JESUS (in Her Lifetime)? Prometheus Unbound

More quacking to come, sweetpants...

The Duck Theory is truly ignorant. You seriously need to stop using it. Find a quote and stop posting these ridiculous questions that never prove your point. You obviously had no understanding or concept of Creationism, so educate yourself. Read, then pause and then think. Then find a quote that proves your point. This other stuff? just sad.

Oh and let me remind you so that you stay on target. It is what the title of this thread states. That's the quote you are looking for. Not a quote from a newspaper saying Palin is a creationist, because there are different kinds of creationists...there are even Theistic Evolutionists. Not an excerpt from an article talking about how she favors including teaching Creationism along side Evolution. We have already established that Palin favors including creationism along Evolution but has not pressed that as Governor. We have already established that Palin believes God is the Creator. What you are looking for is a direct quote from Palin that she believes what the title of this thread states. Not hearsay from music teachers who claim to have bumped into her one day. On the record, is there a direct quote from Gov. Palin, a questionaire, a survey, or a proposed Young Earth Creationist Curriculum from Mat-Su Valley that she was allegedly pushing according to the hearsay accusation of a music teacher who recalls his bump into Gov. Palin by his own recollection?

Anything to back up his claim? Any concrete evidence to prove the title of this thread besides pure speculation or hearsay from those who either don't believe in Creationism or Theistic Evolution or don't favor including teaching it in schools?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Creationism should be taught in church NOT school.......NEVER in school.....you admit Palin favors teaching creationism along with evolution..that itself shows she doesn't understand the separation of church and State.......even IF she hasn't pushed it as governor, there are probably "political"reasons for NOT pushing it, but i have a hunch she WOULD if she could get away with it.

Scarier is that she in part, bases this belief on having seen "fossils" that show both human and dinosaur footprints. Fossils which have long ago been proved to be a hoax.

Last edited:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
SP accepted an invitation to speak at the AIP convention, it would be much more reasonable to say that she was just being non-partisan than that she advocates the view of the founder of the AIP, Joe Vogler, (a survivalist flake) that the plebiscite on statehood 50 years ago should have also included (as Puerto Rico's has) options also for Commonwealth status or independance. This the UN charter requires for former colonial territories, which the former Russian America certainly was.

Her husband was registered AIP back in the 80's. There are a larger percentage of registered undeclared, non-partisan, Green, Libertarian, and AIP here than elsewhere. There have been Libertarians in the Legislature, and Greens have come close to winning.

Former Governor (and Nixon Interior Secretary) Wally Hickel was elected under the flag of convenience of the AIP, he was not a member before or after, he is an R. The person who won the R primary for Gov in 1990, (it used to be open to all parties, it now is closed) Arliss Sturgelewski, was too moderate for enough of the R's that they were successfull in staging a revolt. The person who had won the AIP primary gave up his place to Wally. (Arliss was the business partner of a very good friend of mine, she has accepted all invitations to speak at gay events, she was our Grand Marshall in our 2001 Pride parade.)

(I have thought of starting a 'Monarchist Party of Alaska', with the aim of seceeding from the US and joining the Dominion of Canada:biggrin1:)

(and again, I am voting for Obama)

Last edited: