Sarah Palin Doesn't Want to Play

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midlifebear, Apr 7, 2010.

1. midlifebear

Gold Member

Sister Sarah has asked the GOP to remove her name from any fundraising events planned to follow along with the upcoming Southern Republican Leadership Conference. She hasn't given any reason why. She just doesn't want to play. Hmmm. . . could it be because she introduced McCain at a recent "meet and greet" by saying she was a maverick just like McCain? And when McCain took the podium he denied -- three times -- that he was not and has never been a "maverick." He maintained that he has just done what he thought was best for us "law obeying" 'Mericuhns.

For a little more, go to: Sarah Palin to RNC: Take me off fundraiser - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

That Sister Sarah is such a character. I hope she never falls off her donkey. :smile:

2. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
  3. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
  4. conntom

Gold Member

She may be right to do so. The Repubs are too linked into the religious right. This isn;t to say TeaParty people are not religious but I do think they are not religious right kind of people - at least the ones I know personally.

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for that word. ROTFLMAO!!! :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:

7. houtx48

Gold Member

Five years from now Sister Sarah is going to be minor footnote in history, she is going the way of Joe the Plumber right now.

8. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Would that you were right, but there are indications to the contrary.

9. maxcok

Gold Member

Thank you for that, jsg, I love Max. Scary stuff.

raba saka-tala raba sandalala-bebebe-kalabebe shanda-la-bebebeka-lelebebe

Just goes to show, no matter how crazy you think some folks are, they exceed themselves.

Here's more, and more, and best of all here.

#9 maxcok, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  10. maxcok

Gold Member

In less than two years we'll all know who the Republican candidates are. Likely there will be many names no one has considered yet, and that would be the bigger worry. Sister Sarah, barring extraordianary and unforseen circumstances, and in the highly unlikely event she receives the nomination, would all but guarantee an Obama victory. She was a major factor in the McKain defeat, she didn't withstand the public and media scrutiny then, and the public knows so much more now. She could never lead the ticket and win, IMHO.

If she is a presidential contender, it will be more likely as the leader of a third party growing out of the Teabagger movement. I'm all but positve that is her intent. That would surely split the Repub base, and again, assure an Obama victory. Therefore, I'm all for her hanging around, staying in the spotlight, and displaying her extremism and her idiocy. Either way, I sincerely hope she gets nominated. As little faith as I have in the American electorate, it would be a referendum on who we are as a people, and I hope, a shift back to sense and reason.

11. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I thought about this for a bit..

Could it be that she wants to appear to be the "Saving Grace" of people - and not use fundraisers.... Because in the background she's getting corporate funding far exceeding what would be collected via campaign activities??

Hmm... Appears to be "the conservative one" but in all reality she's getting the check from big corp, since that's their direction.

I get the same Uneasy feeling about this - just like when Shrub took office many wasted years ago. It feels the same as when Bush stated "We already know we won" - before all election votes were counted. As soon as he got in office, I pulled my 401K.
    Sure enough, the market tanked.

It is very possible that Sara Palin already has the election wrapped up - all from corporate funding and purchased votes.

I said it before..and I'll say it again to both sides of the iasle.
    You better get your shit paid off as much as possible, because when she gets in... we are going to be in BIG trouble.
    They're going to make the Depression look like a fucking carnival.

12. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^Haha... You sound like me... Instead of living in a much nicer house, I live in a paid off house.

13. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not at all. She's prepping for the run. The RNC came all the way down here to N'awlins (no doubt to tell Bobby J personally to bow out) and to kick off her campaign with typical GOP styled one liners ("don't retreat, reload") and other "mavwicky" shit like that (notwithstanding the "Steele Affair"). Run, Sarah, run.

14. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

houtx48: Five years from now Sister Sarah is going to be minor footnote in history, she is going the way of Joe the Plumber right now.

b.c.: Not at all. She's prepping for the run. The RNC came all the way down here to N'awlins (no doubt to tell Bobby J personally to bow out) and to kick off her campaign with typical GOP styled one liners ("don't retreat, reload") and other "mavwicky" shit like that (notwithstanding the "Steele Affair"). Run, Sarah, run.

Actually, these are not mutually exclusive. A person can run for president AND "be a minor footnote in history" five years later. For example, in 1988, Republican candidates in at least some primaries included: Pierre S. du Pont, IV; Ben Fernandez; Paul Laxalt;
    and Harold E. Stassen. Who was talking about any of those guys in 1993?

15. Satsfakshun

Satsfakshun Member

"...for whatever reason God appoints leaders..."

Funny, I thought they were elected.

That video reminds of the David Byrne/Brian Eno album My Life in the Bush of Ghosts. How prophetic: Jezebel Spirit and America is Waiting...

16. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    First of all I think you are 180 degrees wrong on Palin being the reason for McCain's defeat. Palin was the only thing that motivated the base, and the swing voters wanted to make history and "First _____ President" will always trump "First ______ Vice President" any day. Just remember, next election it will be "First _____ President" verses "First _____ President REELECTED" and my prediction is that the former will trump the latter. I know this sounds mind-numbingly trivial considering the consequences but that is the truth. Hell even Charles Payne voted for Obama, and he admit 'history' being the reason and like all the others that voted for that reason, he regrets it bad today. It's the stupid reality we deal with come election time.

As for you hoping she gets nominated, I guess those that refuse to learn their history are doomed to repeat it. We conservatives were salivating over the prospect of Obama getting the nomination - remember Rush's "Operation Chaos"??? We were actually TRYING to get Obama nominated because we knew Hillary would be a better candidate. We just failed to realize the short-mindedness of stupid voters wanting to experience 'history' at the expense of four years of tearing down of Capitalism and free enterprise. I would tell you that I overestimated McCain, but I didn't. I was deeply disappointed in the way the Repub Primaries went. He hardly represented the base and he wasn't that great of a debater. It was as if the primary voters just wanted to throw him a bone in response to the 2000 primary. Who knows. But the reality is that Palin was the ONLY shot in the arm the entire McCain candidacy got and you don't want her up there pot-shotting Obama in the 2012 debates, trust me.

17. maxcok

Gold Member

As I said,"She was a major factor in the McCain defeat", not the reason. Jeeshus Khryst, you even bolded that line in my quote, and you still got it wrong. You're correct that she initially energized the right-wing base of the party, but in the end to negligible effect. There were many reasons McCain lost, prominent among them was turning off voters in the center where the real battleground is, and women voters in particular. Palin was a major factor in both. In the end, voters questioned McCain's judgment in selecting Palin, another factor in the defeat of the ticket.

That initial "shot in the arm" turned out to be an infection. I would love, love, love to see her try to take on Obama in a debate or anywhere. Let her show what an idiot and a zealot she is. He will obliterate her.

"Women's votes were a significant factor in Senator Barack Obama's victory, with a sizable gender gap evident in the election results....Women strongly preferred Obama to Senator John McCain (56 percent for Obama, 43 percent for McCain), unlike men, who split their votes about evenly for the two presidential candidates (49 percent for Obama, 48 percent for McCain)."
    Women's Vote in 2008 Election

Now that the exit polls are in, the ballots are counted and the election is over, it’s clear that the Palin effect did not come to fruition. She did not bring out the base in high enough numbers to defeat Sen Barack Obama.
    Her appeal to women didn’t pan out either. Overall, the McCain-Palin ticket only picked up 43 percent of the female vote, compared to the 48 percent that went for Bush in 2004.

Two days before Election Day, CNN released a national survey showing that Palin was a two-point drag on the GOP ticket overall. A New York Times survey reached a similar conclusion. “The end effect [of Palin running] was to make it impossible for McCain to win,” said Joel Goldstein, a professor at Saint Louis University School of Law. “The choice reflected poorly on McCain’s decision-making abilities. I think it made it impossible for him to attract the Democrats and the independents that he needed.”

Among independent voters, Democrats did better this year than in the last two presidential elections. The Republican ticket trailed Obama by 8 points among independents. Obama picked up 52 percent of independent voters, while McCain only took 44 percent, according to CNN exit poll numbers.
    Palin 2012 Hopes Hinge on Broader Appeal « The Washington Independent

GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin didn't do well in exit polls. Sixty percent of those polled said the Alaska governor is not qualified to be president if necessary; 38 percent said she is. That compares with the two-thirds of those polled who said Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden is qualified to be president and the 31 percent who said he isn't.
    Exit polls: Obama wins big among young, minority voters - CNN.com

Once again, you just prove you don't have a fukin clue, and you're just talking out of your ass. I don't even know why I bother to respond.

BTW, two days later we're still waiting for you to respond to this out-of-ass talking. You're a joke.

#17 maxcok, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You wanted Hillary Clinton to win the nomination because Republicans thought they could "dig up more dirt" against her. Besides Obama now that he's in the White House, the most hated "liberal" by the right is a Clinton. You're not fooling a soul with this bullshit.

But thanks for admitting that you actually do listen to Limbaugh, because that's where this nonsense first started. Either that, or you're related to Trinsanity because it was doing the same exact thing on this board.

You'd be giving the Democrats the presidency wrapped in a bow if they made her the nomination. You'd also be securing the jobs of several comedy writers for a bunch of shows I like watching every week. Plus, Tina Fey could win another Emmy. So many wonderful things would happen if Palin went up against Obama in 2012. But the best thing of them all would be that she would LOSE. Face the facts... in 2008, the GOP and McCain should have went with Romney for the VP candidate. Then maybe, just MAYBE, the results might have been different.

#18 B_VinylBoy, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  19. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

I have no respect for her, but Sarah Palin and the entire Palin destruction of the McCain Campaign is a really interesting piece of history. What amazes me with Palin is that she has not only put one foot in her mouth multiple times, but her grim determination to place the other foot in there at the same time.

There are a few extremists who do not get the message that it was she who destroyed the campaign of John McCain. When he was running for President he was a Maverick who is an original thinker. Of course the fact that he voted with George Bush most of the time might have implied otherwise, but he didn't care. Until Palin entered the picture, he stood a better than 50% chance of being elected to the White House.

She, Todd, Bristol and Levi have had their 15 minutes of fame. I just wish that they would go quietly into the night, but no, they just keep coming back for more and playing more stupid games. If she wanted to accomplish something she would shut up for six months and then re-invent herself. By that time the American People (memories as short as they are) won't remember and she can start all over again with a better speech writer.

20. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Stratedude... Then please put your money where your mouth is and donate all you can spare to Sarah Palin's PAC.

Please?!

lolololol

Draft saved Draft deleted