Sarah Palin fail, in her own words

Discussion in 'Politics' started by helgaleena, Dec 5, 2010.

1. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sarah Palin | Willow Palin | Faggot | Facebook | Mediaite

quote:
    Not only does she undermine her claims of media “lies” by making stuff up herself, she also displays a disturbing attitude about the use of the word “faggot.”

Palin is absolutely correct that the children of politicians ought to be off-limits to the media, or at least, that there ought to be a high bar set for newsworthiness. Similarly, Palin’s skill as a parent should not be considered fair game. Neither subject has any relevance to Palin’s career as a politician, or as a media figure, and decency dictates that they remain private. What is relevant, though, is how Palin chose to respond to the incident. Here’s the clip of Palin’s interview with Sean Hannity, including the completely unrelated question that Hannity asked her: (from Fox News Channel)

unquote.

there is a link to Fox News, of all places.

2. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Sarah Palin is nightmarish and disgusting, I pity anyone who must live with the terrifying prospect that she is a credible politician (when she isn't even credibly a decent human being) with even the remotest possibility of having national influence. The possibility that she might one day have international influence is beyond contemplation.

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Mediaite link you linked to must be making the rounds, because most of the comments are pro-Palin, anti-media and appalled at anything smacking of PC. It's a freaking troll fest of nostalgics who want to roll back the sensitivity meter to somewhere in the mid-70s :rolleyes:

Politician's kids walk a very difficult high wire without a net. This does not excuse Willow's reflexive use of the word "faggot", though I think it's probably unfair to over-analyze it as anything other than the ubiquity of its use in popular culture.

Having said that, I find it nothing short of amazing that the Palins don't seem to have had the talk yet about the responsibilities and consequences of their over-exposure. Willow and Piper, like it or not, are media personalities now due to decisions made by their parents (not themselves) and bear the brunt of full 24/7 scrutiny. Whether or not that's "fair" is a question better addressed to their parents, who've shamelessly shoved them into that position rather than the girls themselves.

Bristol, who seems to have made a career out of having been knocked up before graduating high school is a different case altogether. She actively seeks the media's attention and cannot feign otherwise.

4. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Palin appeals to the Archie Bunkers types, who thankfully tend to have a shorter life expectancy than the rest of us who are sane.

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

One can only hope, dear Tallpaguy, one can only hope.

I'm back in the land of the Kirchners (Argentina) and Nestor died unexpectedly a few weeks ago, leaving his wife to steer the country alone. Unlike Sister Sarah, Cristina Kirchner is a real politician with a long history of being an independent leader in her home province as well as a previously successful career as a defense attorney. Granted, Cristina has had her fair share of plastic surgeries and the press/media LOVE to make fun of her. However, unlike Sister Sarah, Cristina Kirchner has actually earned the respect of the various media. Even her enemies respect her. Interestingly, I doubt one can say the same thing (the having earned respect of the media thing) about Sarah Palin.

In comparison, Palin is a clown. She has a vocabulary that has not improved since (barely) graduating from High School. She's merely a distraction. And currently, I read her media attention by the right as simply a filler act for the center ring as the conservative right tries to figure out how to squelch and conquer merely to gain more power (not govern) those of us who really create the wealth of the USA -- the middle and lower classes.

Sarah is simply the current stale mayonnaise on an old Republican Parker House Roll. She FOX's political corollary to Paris Hilton on E News. Not only did she avoid scandal by quitting her role of governor after only two years, I doubt she has the requisite attention to finish baking a dozen Toll-House cookies from refrigerated Pilsbury dough without burning them.

Am I being sexist? You bet. Sarah has showed us little more than how sexist she, herself, is. And what else can you expect from a kulture where it's considered OK to say, "I'd nail her!" rather than consider the consequences if she were to actually gain political power by becoming more than the dog and pony show she is.

As for her kids . . . hunt them down and eat them. :biggrin1:

6. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree. No doubt her North Korean allies will be delighted if she gets into office. :rolleyes:

I found her kids' attitudes disturbing too. There was this whole 'you're jealous of our family because you're going no-where with your life'. Hmmm. Maybe just kids stuff, or is that 'we're better than you, and those worse off have made the wrong choices' type shit representative of the attitude within the Palin household?

7. DevonTexas

DevonTexas Well-Known Member

Albums:
    IMHO, Palin (much like a flu virus), is running its course. Her book tour here in Dallas last month only had a handful of people standing in line. yay!

8. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Where they queueing up to throw stuff at her? :biggrin1:
    Or is that a bit mean?

Draft saved Draft deleted