Sarah Palin supports federal gay marriage ban

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jp, Oct 22, 2008.

1. jp

jp
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The Associated Press: Palin breaks with McCain on gay marriage amendment

So, I would really like to hear from republicans in general, and of course you log cabiners specifically. I've been searching the log cabin site for a reaction to the interview, and nothing. I guess that they are still trying to figure out the appropriate response. So, help educate me on this. And let me go here real quick; yes she is only going to be vice president, but she also believes the VP runs the Senate, and that is where a ban would originate, so please don't go down this avenue for an explanation.

2. dreamer20

Gold Member

GLBT citizens et al, in Wasilla, Alaska discuss Palin:

YouTube - LGBT Alaskans on Sarah Palin

Six of one and half a dozen of the other::rolleyes:

3. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    "I think that marriage should remain a sacred bond between two unwilling teenagers." --Tina Fey as Sarah Palin

4. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

"As Governor she issued the very first veto of her administration to block legislation that would have denied state benefits from the same-sex partners of state employees, in direct opposition to her personal beliefs. She justified her veto by saying that she would have violated her oath of office if she’d signed an unconstitutional piece of legislature."

I could care less if same sex couples have the title of “marriage” so long as they have rights. So they end up with civil union as the title = works for me so long as rights are equal.

5. No_Strings

Gold Member

You finally admit to a disagreement with Palin?

6. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Governor of Colorado: I believe that I might have come up with a compromise to this whole problem that will make everyone happy! People in the gay community want the same rights as married couples, but dissenters don't want the word "marriage" corrupted. So how about we let gay people get married, but call it something else? [everyone listens quietly] You homosexuals will have all the exact same rights as married couples, but instead of refering to you as "maarriied," you can be... butt buddies. [long silence] Instead of being "man and wife," you'll be... butt buddies. You won't be "betrothed," you'll be... butt buuuddies. Get it? Instead of a "bride and groom," you'd be... butt buddies.

Mr. Slave: We want to be treated equally!

Governor: You are equal. It's just that instead of getting "engaged," you would be... butt buuuddies. And everyone is happy!

Woman: Well, what about lesbians?!

Governor: Well, like anyone cares about fuckin' dykes! [the crowd goes into an uproar] Oh, God, I was sure that would work.
    --South Park, season 9, "Follow That Egg"

Draft saved Draft deleted