Sarah Palin: Viable Presidential Contender

Is Sarah Palin a serious option as the GOP pick for president in 2012?

• Yes, she's the fire cracker we all need.

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • No, she's completely unqualified.

Votes: 93 86.9%
  • Don't know. I have to finished reading The Pony.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sara's the Bomb! I want her so bad.. ( to run for Pres). I love a good joke and the Palin clan is the gift that keeps on giving.

I was thinking something like this - more great sketches on SNL with Tina Fey! :biggrin1:

However, at the same time I'd be afraid she'd actually WIN. I'd hate for my former college roommate to be right when she said that if a woman was elected president, the US would be destroyed. :mad: (And I kid you not, I DID have a female roommate who really did say that!)

if i were guessing today the gop candidate would be Romney but we're still two years away. I'd say probably Palin is a non issue.

My biggest fear is that Huckabee would be the candidate. :eek:

I have a problem with the poll. Is she a serious contender? Yes. Should she be? No.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Voted yes, but not 'cause she's a damn firecracker!
:shrug: I just can't deny that her appeal is really broad. The incurious, populists, antiscience/creationist, anti-birth control, hawkish, homophobe, "blame big government" types, like that this "maverick" gives a national voice to their issues. If unemployment continues to rise, I think she will gain in popularity by 2012.

Imo, I would love to see an Olympia Snowe-Susan Collins ticket, but with the fondness for Know-nothings in the GOP, that's just crazy talk.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the info.

Does that mean she think's she's got a chance? :frown1:

No.

1. Obama's going to get re-elected, regardless of who the R candidate is.

2. She is not competent to run a campaign, she could not win the R nomination. I don't think it is possible whoever the nominee is, that they will make the mistake McCain did again.

3. She enjoys doing the celebrity circuit, and getting paid millions for her book.

If folks are fascinated with her, which I am not, I recommend reading the blog of AkMuckraker:

The Mudflats

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A USA Today/Gallup Poll (Oct. 31-Nov.1, 2009) has numbers related to current public opinion on various Republican candidates. (Election 2012) Draw your own conclusions.

My personal opinion--in a Palin 2012 bid, her decision to resign as governor (as well as her decision to resign from the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Board, and her attending 5 colleges to earn her Bachelor's degree) will brand her a quitter unable to follow through when situations become difficult. Her current low ranking status as a candidate unqualified to be President will continue to drop as the public is inundated with examples of her lack of judgement and professionalism. The examples that were presented in the 2008 campaign of her lack of qualifications to be Vice-President will be mild in comparison to those that will be presented in a bid to become President.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At least the American People got this right:
Poll: Americans Don't Like Sarah Palin

A new ABC/Washington Post poll finds that Americans still do not like Sarah Palin, who is kicking off her Going Rogue book tour with a taped interview airing today on the Oprah Winfrey show.
The poll finds that a majority of Americans, 52% of respondents, have an unfavorable opinion of her, compared to only 43% favorable.
In addition, respondents were asked this question: "Regardless of whether or not you'd vote for her, do you think Palin is or is not qualified to serve as president?" The numbers: qualified 38%, not qualified 60%.
Sarah Palin: new chapter, same challenges - Behind the Numbers

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
recovering alcohlic/born again chrisitan extremeist.............recovering and Christian need to be deleted from that sentence.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just wondering who believes Sarah (the pit bull) Palin is a serious option for being the GOP's pick for the White House in 2012.

A serious contender?:confused: No, I do not think she is. :no: However, given the predilection for poorly closeted homosexuality amongst male republicans she may be the only viable candidate left. :yikes: I saw something online the other day about a Dick Cheney/Sarah Palin ticket and that just frightens me on so many levels I got chills when I read it.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Poll: Palin Not Qualified To Be President, Hillary Clinton Is

A new CNN poll gives finds further evidence that Americans don't think Sarah Palin is qualified for President -- and that Hillary Clinton, the country's other top woman in politics, is qualified.
The numbers on Palin: qualified 28%, not qualified 70%.
By contrast, the same question was asked about Hillary Clinton -- and 67% of Americans say that she is qualified to be president.
Among Republicans only, 54% say Palin is qualified, and 44% say she is not.
Poll: Palin Not Qualified To Be President, Hillary Clinton Is | TPMDC

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
UH OH........Looks like someone is on BIG discount already:
Get ‘Going Rogue’ for $0.00!

National Review is riding the Sarah Palin phenomenon this week with a blog all about “Going Rogue,” but Newsmax.com is really setting the standard – it’s offering copies of the book either for free or for $4.99 with different subscription deals. (I first saw this offer on TV while I was in a Rochester, N.Y. hotel room — Rochester being one of the Real American cities on Palin’s tour.)

Get ‘Going Rogue’ for $0.00! The Washington Independent

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah me too, but we elected a recovering alcohlic/born again chrisitan extremeist for 2 terms

is that any better?

No, not really. However, I wasn't old enough to vote in either of those elections, so I didn't pay it much attention at the time.