Sarah's morals

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So abortion should be criminalized even in the case of rape or incest because human life begins at conception. I don't agree, but that's just me. And sexual education should not be taught because, oh, I don't know, maybe that will just encourage kids, knowing about birth control and all. Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder.

Bristol's "mistake" is well-known, but no one seems to talk about the fact that Sarah and Todd eloped ( to "save her parents the cost of a wedding" she has said) on August 29th, 1988 and she gave birth to Track on April 20, 1989. If her son had been born such a preemie, you know it would have been made part of her story of adversity and bravery, just as her special needs child was.
I didn't know that. :eek: All makes sense now, it's biblical to Palin. :rolleyes: Clearly, the sins of the mother have been revisited on the daughter. No wonder she is being so righteous about this.

I'm not saying that makes her a "bad" person, but we're two generations into premarital pregnancy here. There's at least a whiff of moral superiority and hypocracy in the air. I don't care what she does in her bedroom, in her life or in her own family, but I don't want her telling me what I can do in mine. Or you, yours. And I sure as hell don't want her legislating it.

(And I'm afraid it goes without saying that a Democrat in her position would be crucified for being in the same situation but that's another issue.)
I have had roommates in college that had abortions. I have never had an abortion, nor do I think I could, should an unexpected pregnancy occur. Yet, I have always and will always support Roe v Wade; especially in cases of rape and incest.

If Palin doesn't want an abortion than she shouldn't have one.

If this had happend to a Democrat vp candidate she would be out on her keester so fast your head would spin. :tongue:

cheers, Nick. I'm in almost total agreement, and I have a problem with applauding a 17 year old for choosing to raise this child herself in a marriage predicated on a pregnancy (instead of love) rather than hand the child over to someone who is prepared for parenthood and unable to conceive. Sure, she is with her rights, but should we applaud it? I don't think so.
I don't know what the statistics are on teen marriage success rates but I am guessing it's not very high.

what's the difference between Rick Santorum and Sarah Palin? The lipstick.
:biggrin1: Now that's funny. :lmao:

Then either you are ignorant of her policies, which is sad...
Or you are in support of her anti-American stances on insinuating religion into government, misappropriating government funds, and denying freedom of speech.

BTW- the Flag is just a piece of cloth....a SYMBOL....
What does it symbolize?
It symbolizes the Constitution.
The Constitution IS the United States.

Either be a patriot and uphold it...
or get the hell out and start your own Christian theocracy...
Just do it elsewhere.
QFT!
NJQT466 waits for lightning to strike her as she agrees with Phil Ayesho.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I will ignore the 'crazies' in this thread and just say about Bush and his 'defining pregnancy' bullshit:

An IUD and the contraceptive pill are NOT ABORTIVE MEASURES. They are preventative abortive measures.

I believe abortion laws are for abortions that actually exist, not ones in the future. It's fucking ridiculous.

If Mr Bush is going to prevent abortions before they even happen then where are his preventative murder and rape measures? You know, like Minority Report!

The IUD and contraceptive pill are supposed to cease being used if a woman wants to become pregnant or when she does; so they do not affect a pregnancy or induce abortion.

They are preventative measures that work to stop pregnancy occurring.

Based on this one Republican view alone...I can't believe how anyone except for religious fanatics and utter cunts would vote for McCain. Unless you get your kicks from denying people their rights and making mothers and their children suffer unnecessarily.

As for Palin. I see people saying "I like her." and then that's usually where the post ends. I think a lot of people are attracted to her looks and don't listen to what she says (or question why she never says anything of value).

Look at her actions and how they line up (or not as the case is) with her words/beliefs. Her morals are not slid. They have all the consistency of donkey piss.

The lie: "No sex before marriage"
The truth: "My daughter was having sex at 16"

The rule: "No contraceptives."
The consequence: "My daughter was impregnanted at 16, giving birth at 17."

Then there is Troopergate.

It's one rule for her and her morally bankrupt brethren and another rule, demand or punishment for everyone else.

Does Obama go back on his word/act differently to what his words suggest? If he does then does he plan to control and restrict the rights of women in the FREE WORLD?

Or is America Nazi Germany now...I see Palin has hair on her top lip...

Seriously it is mindblowing how fanatic, hypocritical and anti-freedom Palin, her party and her nutjob followers are.

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

There are a lot of reasons to object to Palin.

I saw the McCain ad today in which he claims she fought the "Bridge to Nowhere." She supported it during her gubernatorial campaign. She objected to the term "Bridge to Nowhere." She took the first check, and used some of it to build a road on the island that would lead to and from the "Bridge to Nowhere." Then people like McCain started to look at it, and the money was being cut off from Washington....and she suddenly is against it. Oddly, that check was not returned.

Her mayoral campaign was turned from a historically friendly race to a more "hardball" campaign when Anti-Abortion groups started spending money on mailings supporting her.

Here's a nice little fact...while she was mayor, the town charged victims for rape kits. Here is the article:
http://www.frontiersman.com/articles/2000/05/23/news.txt

Here's what it says:
While the Alaska State Troopers and most municipal police agencies have covered the cost of exams, which cost between $300 to $1,200 apiece, the Wasilla police department does charge the victims of sexual assault for the tests.

Wasilla Police Chief Charlie Fannon does not agree with the new legislation, saying the law will require the city and communities to come up with more funds to cover the costs of the forensic exams.
In the past weve charged the cost of exams to the victims insurance company when possible. I just dont want to see any more burden put on the taxpayer, Fannon said.
According to Fannon, the new law will cost the Wasilla Police Department approximately $5,000 to $14,000 a year to collect evidence for sexual assault cases.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have had roommates in college that had abortions. I have never had an abortion, nor do I think I could, should an unexpected pregnancy occur. Yet, I have always and will always support Roe v Wade; especially in cases of rape and incest.

If Palin doesn't want an abortion than she shouldn't have one.

If this had happend to a Democrat vp candidate she would be out on her keester so fast your head would spin. :tongue:

I don't know what the statistics are on teen marriage success rates but I am guessing it's not very high.
:biggrin1: Now that's funny. :lmao:

QFT!
NJQT466 waits for lightning to strike her as she agrees with Phil Ayesho.

How do you get an unexpected pregnancy nowadays? Easy. You have reproductive sex when you meant to have recreational sex. You fucked up.

[edit] Reasons for abortions

In 2000, cases of rape or incest accounted for 1% of abortions.[8] Another study, in 1998, revealed that women reported the following reasons for choosing an abortion:[9]
  • 25.5% Want to postpone childbearing
  • 21.3% Cannot afford a baby
  • 14.1% Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy
  • 12.2% Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy
  • 10.8% Having a child will disrupt education or job
  • 7.9% Want no (more) children
  • 3.3% Risk to fetal health
  • 2.8% Risk to maternal health
  • 2.1% Other
From WGC: There are about 1,000,000 abortions a year. Most are due to people being too fucking lazy to be absolutely sure they are having recreational sex, not reproductive sex. And the blame is 50/50 male to female IMO. Everyone in America knows how babies are made, including Bristol Palin and Sarah Palin and yet they were too lazy to be sure of what sort of sex they were having.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It is disturbing that Sarah spent most of her adult life as a member of an evangelical church that preaches that Alaska is the refuge for all mankind when the Apolcalypse comes, that the war in Iraq is a part of God's plan, and that speaks in tongues. She only left that church in 2002 when the media got ahold of the info and joined an "unaffiliated" evangelical one. I'm less than comfortable with how she comes by her guidance and inspiration.

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is disturbing that Sarah spent most of her adult life as a member of an evangelical church that preaches that Alaska is the refuge for all mankind when the Apolcalypse comes, that the war in Iraq is a part of God's plan, and that speaks in tongues. She only left that church in 2002 when the media got ahold of the info and joined an "unaffiliated" evangelical one. I'm less than comfortable with how she comes by her guidance and inspiration.

As am I. Maybe you would feel better about it if God spoke to you as well. :wink: Maybe he is already speaking to you, but your ears are blocked to his word by worldly goods and sinful activities. :tongue: Afterall you are in NYC which every Christian knows is a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. :cool:

njqt466 hopes Nick8 appreciates her sarcasm. :biggrin1:

bguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ultimately, feminism -- in its current manifestation as a hodge-podge of left-wing positions on abortion, gender quotas and family law -- has become a brittle, insecure ideology. Nothing highlights this better than the animus feminists reserve for a woman like Sarah Palin.
Bellatrix, your entire post was brilliant.

bguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm afraid it goes without saying that a Democrat in her position would be crucified for being in the same situation

No, it doesn't go without saying. I'm hearing it said a lot. Yet can anyone point to any examples of this supposed hypocrisy? Have conservatives ever criticized a candidate because their children had premarital sex?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Oh, if God spoke to me (particularly out loud) that would make me feel better. Much so. But the problem with that is that, once I admitted it, my friends and family would lock me up, justifiedly, for observation and medical care. What I truly don't understand is why the loved ones of these other people don't care enough about them to do the right thing for them? :rolleyes:

bguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was written by Andrea Mrozek from a Canadian group opposed to abortion 'ProWomanProLife - A Canada Without Abortion' outfit.
It looks to me that it's the name of her blog, not a group she is from.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, it doesn't go without saying. I'm hearing it said a lot. Yet can anyone point to any examples of this supposed hypocrisy? Have conservatives ever criticized a candidate because their children had premarital sex?
Not in recent memory, but that doesn't mean it's never happend. Maybe the problem is that we Democrats love to fuck and we know how to use condoms. Therefore, there is nothing to ostracize or ridicule. :cool:

There was some finger pointing when Gore's son sought treatment for his pot problem. Other than that I am drawing a blank.:confused:

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sargon, for all your posts about idiot conservatives and republican sheep, you seem to offer no insight into any possibility of disagreement with Democrats or left-wingers. And that really makes the entire notion of your being a logical, fair thinking person completely bunk. For a person who claims intellectual and moral superiority over anyone who dares to defend anything conservative, it's impossible to take you seriously.

D

deleted15807

Sargon, for all your posts about idiot conservatives and republican sheep, you seem to offer no insight into any possibility of disagreement with Democrats or left-wingers. And that really makes the entire notion of your being a logical, fair thinking person completely bunk. For a person who claims intellectual and moral superiority over anyone who dares to defend anything conservative, it's impossible to take you seriously.

Did I ask you too? Add me to your ignore list and I'll add you to mine.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Conservatives have no problem delivering 'shock and awe' to very much alive Iraqis. No debate there on if life has begun or not. They are alive. They also have no problem with the death penalty. And blisffuly unconcerned if the state is executing innocent people. So what?

And apparently they have no problem doing the same thing to Iran should they so desire. Yet they wrap murder in the Bible. Really no different than bin Laden.
Conservatives recognize that there is a difference between criminals/enemies and innocent human life. I am no expert on Christianity or the Bible, but it is my understanding that killing someone as a part of an execution or as a result of combat is not considered murder.

But the entire point is to control sexual activity. The even want to lable the birth control pill as abortion. And no scientist in the world will say preventing pregnancy is abortion.
This is conspiratorial nonsense. You can't have a debate when you start accusing people of falsehoods.
All intelligent people recognize that children that grow up in a home with both mother and father have a distinct advantage over children that grow up in a single parent home. The difference between Conservatives and Liberals is this: A liberal that recognizes this fact would use it to make an arguement for abortion, siting something like "why make a child go through that?"
A Conservative, on the other hand, would take a more PROACTIVE apporoach and use it to make a case for abstaining from sex UNTIL YOU ARE MARRIED. Marriage is really just a committment between two people for the sole purpose of creating a better environment to raise children. It's that simple.
You may even take it one step further and ask yourself why do we care if children have a better environment to grow up? Because society as a whole benefits.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Conservatives believe that reproductive choice means being able to chose to have sex or not
This makes both Sarah Palin, before her marriage, and the lovely Bristol stellar examples of Conservative thought in action then, doesn't it, stratedude?

First of all, they obviously are taking responsibility and doing the right thing, albeit after the fact, but the most important part is that they are doing the right thing by taking responsibility, and doing what is best for the child.

So to answer your question - ABSOLUTELY!! I think all people that have sex should do so understanding that first and foremost they are doing it to have a child together. And if they should end up pregnant that for the benefit of the life they created, they should get married.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[/b][/color][/size][/font]
As am I. Maybe you would feel better about it if God spoke to you as well. :wink: Maybe he is already speaking to you, but your ears are blocked to his word by worldly goods and sinful activities. :tongue: Afterall you are in NYC which every Christian knows is a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. :cool:

njqt466 hopes Nick8 appreciates her sarcasm. :biggrin1:
Why is it that when a preacher says that God spoke to him about a certain matter, we nod in respect, but if he says the voice came from his toaster, we would certify him as crazy? What difference does the toaster make?

Actually, I consider myself a devout person and I believe that God has an overall plan for the universe. I don't think that plan has a section in it about my particular activity specifically. I think God's plan for me is for me to be Christ-like. The belief that God has a plan for each individual or that God's plan could possibly include war is to me a heresy.

As for Sarah Palin believing that the current administration is carrying out God's will, I think that is not only batshit, but it is a decidedly nasty theology.

As the Lutheran Seminarian, Mark Powell once said, "If you are THAT certain that God is on your side, seek a second opinion."

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Enlighten me. How do they know that?
This question alone tells me that you are just a run-of-the-mill anti-establishment rebel.

They recognize a criminal by going through a judicial process.
They recognize an enemy by going through rules of engagement on a battlefield during time of war.

To reject that is to reject the established processes that are defined by America. Nothing in this world is perfect, but we have to try. Otherwise we are left with real evil people roaming the streets - a constant threat to innocent, peaceful people.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually, I consider myself a devout person and I believe that God has an overall plan for the universe. I don't think that plan has a section in it about my particular activity specifically. I think God's plan for me is for me to be Christ-like. The belief that God has a plan for each individual or that God's plan could possibly include war is to me a heresy.
Not to drag you too far off topic, but I just though I would throw out there that God gave every person the gift of Free Will. That means that nobody is forced to follow God's plan, and that sometimes Wars are necessary.