"SarsStock" ACDC, Stones

sammygirly: Ok, in this section cuz there's not going to be one mention of a large penis...

But, in case you've been living under a rock and don't know, Toronto held a benefit concert last night for Canadian Health Workers in a battle of SARS and the myths and damage therein.

Stones, ACDC, Guess Who, Rush, Sass Jordon, Jeff Healy....uh, Justin Timberlake...

Your dear sammy WAS THERE with 500 000 of my closest friends!! Can i just say that altho i'm burned to a crisp by the firey sun of hell, sore as a #$#@ and more tired than i've ever been....THAT WAS THE MOST EXHILERATING 18 HOURS OF MY LIFE!!

ACDC is the greatest band on earth and i went totally mad, they put on an amazing show (Angus doing his patented mooning of the crowd....wearing Canadian Maple Leaf Boxers was the point i think i lost my voice for good)

Rolling Stones played for a full 90 minutes with guest stars onstage (Angus Young onstage with them....Justin Timberlake singing with Mick - Keith babbling incoherently)

i am more exhausted than i've ever been, am in desperate need of a shower and a long nap, but i just had to come share....biggest rock show in canadian history! ...and one day in my life i will NEVER forget.

i took pics (we were allowed disposable cameras) and as soon as i have them developed i'll scan and post a good one or two....for now, see the link below for some video of the show....

DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP!!!!!

http://www.muchmoremusic.com/torontorocks/

....i'm going to bed....wooohooo....wish you all could have come

Javierdude22: Holy crap Sammy!! That sounds supercool!!

I have had the chance to be at a few festivals, and nothing is as great as a superhuge crowd of likeminded people. and 500.000!!! is SUPER!!....damn, i indeed wished i was there. There are a few very memorable concerts every now and then, and i always find it great to experience them. They seem to vent so much great stuff, music, positivity and well...love. Sorry if i sound like a cheap New age tape.

Unfortunately i have never really been at events like that. Holland is not really the place for a big crowd huh :)

Have a good nights rest Sammy, and i cant wait to see the pics.

sammygirly: Just an idea of the crowd...

stage.JPG

crowd.JPG

sammygirly: Erm, sammy got a little "smoked" up...nice pic of me about 10 hours in (sun and smoke, not a good combo - can we all say swollen and red?)....and the last pic is a result of smoked-up'dness....kites are so purdy....lmao...dont ask, I dont know what possessed me to take 4 photos of a kite.

Don't smoke weed!

samandshari.JPG

kite.JPG

sammygirly: Look real close! It's ACDC!  Shhh, I was in the first 1/4 of the crowd, that's not bad for finding a seat before 500 000 others.  I would just like to say that I WAS able to see the stage as well as that screen, but I knew taking photos of the stage would be useless so i opted for the screen instead....um ok, that might have just  made sense cuz I was smoked up....~shrugs~

ACDCscreen.JPG

Angus.JPG

Thanks for sharing in my excitement! ....i wont torture with more pics of nothing LoL (but that's only the first roll!!)

awellhungboi: Awesome!

Thanks for sharing your pics of the show (and the kites, too). If you have any more bring 'em on.

sammygirly: Last photo - my spot in that crowd...still boggles my mind to look at this photo.  All I can say is I'm glad I got there early....

iwashere.JPG

7x6andchg: Wow!

Sounds like an awesome show - and apparently half a million Canadians thought so too.

I like the kite picture.....ca me fait rire!

7x6&C