Sat nav directs driver onto railway

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yahoo news said:
A woman will not face prosecution after her satellite navigation system told her to drive onto a railway line.

The 52-year-old, from Dorking, Surrey, was waiting at a level crossing at Norman's Bay, near Eastbourne, East Sussex, on January 16 when the device told her to turn left.

She drove her silver Ford Fiesta onto the track at 7.30pm, blocking train services between Brighton and Hastings, a BTP spokeswoman said.
The unnamed woman was investigated for obstructing the railway and driving without due care, but police decided that pursuing a case against her would not be in the public interest.

PC Christine Holyoake said: "We have looked into the matter, and have come to the conclusion that the woman had made a bad but honest mistake.

"A prosecution is not in the public interest and the matter is now closed."

No, it's not April 1st come early. If not a prosecution, how about taking her license off her for a while and maybe upping her meds. She could have killed herself never mind others had a train come along. I wonder if she indicated.....:rolleyes:

As for the part I bolded, well, we all do stupid things on the roads occasionally for sure, but this....? If someone will do something this stupid at the behest of sat nav would you think they should still be allowed to continue to drive on the public roads without any penalty?

If this isn't driving without due care and attention I don't know what is. Suspension and a retest would seem a good idea at least.

I must find out what make of sat nav it was so I can never, ever, ever buy one.:eek:

Sat nav directs driver onto railway - Yahoo! News UK

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It probably wasn't just the SatNav. Undoubtedly the secret signals those satellites beam down to control us played a significant part in this woman's blunder, and the police don't want to publicize it. But they're too late - we already know all about it.

However to block those signals it's not sufficient to simply line one's hat with tin foil. Au contraire! The foil has to be grounded to work properly.

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It must have been the vehicles way of getting back at her for being overdue on an oil change.....