SAT scores: 25 years of effort and nothing to show

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Blacks and to a smaller degree hispanics are so far behind whites and Asians, its well beyond the old saw of "Opportunity."

Asians score 587 in math, blacks 426. Whites are about equal to Asians in reading and writing but Asians are tops in math.

The difference between Asians and blacks is profound. 160 points in math. 30% better. I said blacks would be marginalized in the technology era and there is nothing, not a thing anywhere that can dispute that "truth." The money now basically being wasted on trying to get blacks up to the level of Asians and whites. 25 years of a concerted effort and the gap widens.

SAT Scores Fall as Gap Widens; Asians Gain - WSJ.com

>>>Average scores for the class of 2009 in critical reading dropped to 501 from 502, in writing to 493 from 494 and held steady in math, at 515. The combined scores are the lowest this decade and reflect stalled performance over the past three years. The reading scores are the worst since 1994.

Many observers Tuesday viewed the flat results of recent years as discouraging in light of a more than 25-year effort to improve U.S. education. "This is a nearly unrelenting tale of woe and disappointment," said Chester E. Finn Jr., president of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute, a Washington, D.C., think tank. "If there's any good news here, I can't find it."<<<

>>>In the class of 2009, African-American students received an average critical reading score of 429, or 72 points below the general population. Math scores had a similar gap. Hispanic students' scores also lagged but not by as much.

Asian-American students showed the most dramatic gains. In math they scored an average of 587 -- 72 points better than the general population. Since 2008, their average math score has climbed six points.<<<

72 points below the general population is virtually hopeless. Why bother really? I know it has to be done, make the effort, but these are profoundly disturbing and speak to the likely genetically cognitive differences amongst the races. Asians try hard and raise their numbers by 6 points. Blacks would have to be reinvented to make up a 160 point gap.

And trust me, the kids on the playground know it. They know who are the fastest runners, the prettiest, and the smartest and dumbest kids.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and then there's that....

Can you come up with any reason why the disparity is that huge? You can blast me all you want but you still have not answered how this could be. And what you are not getting is the lack of improvement. Its worse.

Rather than be a wimpy assed Greek Chorus boy, give us a reason for a 30% disparity. In the old SAT you got 700 points just for signing your name.

You won't tho, you never try to add light. You just throw worthless limp heat.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And LPSG's most notorious, racially discriminatory bigot is back.
It was only a matter of time before you reared your ugly head, wasn't it?

What happened? Ne-Yo stole you girlfriend again? :rolleyes:

Actually she likes dancing to Ne Yo. So do I.

Of course you just makes excuses. 30 points would be attributable to culture. 160 is a whole other thing.

Got you this time, and if there isn't a quick improvement for blacks, everyone will be getting them, using them and blowing past them in all ways.

Now argue from facts, please, or go into the dunce corner.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Actually she likes dancing to Ne Yo. So do I.

Of course you just makes excuses. 30 points would be attributable to culture. 160 is a whole other thing.

Got you this time, and if there isn't a quick improvement for blacks, everyone will be getting them, using them and blowing past them in all ways.

Now argue from facts, please, or go into the dunce corner.

You honestly think I'm going to argue your extremely slanted, distorted & bigoted stats? Silly, bigot... an asshole such as yourself doesn't get that privilege anymore. I'm more happy to just simply spam your posts for the garbage that it is.

And the fact that you like dancing to Ne-Yo shows just how stupid you really are. What are you, twelve? :rolleyes:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
In my hometown, white kids just want to be professional athletes. They could give a damn about being intelligent since learning is weird and gay. And should they not succeed in going pro (99.999%),, they'll get their boy doing the same thing! It's all so cultural. :biggrin1:

Asian kids want to learn. It's very cultural. Mom and dad make it that way. Not many stray away.

Vinylboy, I can tell you're upset about this thread. I understand why. Total lack of sensitivity. In fact, I had my feelings hurt all day. I need to go to bed.

Last edited:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Chuck, what if you were entirely correct ...
What if you had indeed found some group whose collective balls you had nicely squeezed, and you could let them know, as publicly as possible, again and again, that you ... yes, you, grand ol' Chuck ... really knew they were inferior ...
And you had proof ... yes you did ...
And you slapped the 'proof' down, again and again, on the table ...

Would you do the members of that group any good at all?
Would you do all the other people who you truly creep out any good, either?

What is the point of all this crap, Chuck?
What are you doing?
For what purpose?
To what end?

There are a lot of black people on this website, among them some of the most cogent posters.
Peeps you can't begin to compare with ... in terms of acuity, fairness, use of English, self-knowledge, maturity, sense of propriety, humanity, common sense ... a long list, Chuck ...
If you think you're doing anything useful at all, you're drenched in self-deceit.
And it's your self-deceit, more than anything else, that creeps me out.

I would rather have a frankly racist, red neck troglodyte posting than enlightened ol' you, Chuck.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In my hometown, white kids just want to be professional athletes. They could give a damn about being intelligent since learning is weird and gay. And should they not succeed in going pro (99.999%),, they'll get their boy doing the same thing! It's all so cultural. :biggrin1:

Asian kids want to learn. It's very cultural. Mom and dad make it that way. Not many stray away.

To add to this commentary,
Different cultures influence their young to survive and succeed in many different ways. In poorer communities, they're taught to do it by any means necessary. Add into the mix the struggle to maintain everyday necessity and their views on success become a lot different than ones who are told to stay in school and get good grades.

Many people see the arts, entertainment and sports as a quicker rise to the top because unlike the investment banker, lawyer, professors or government official, we can actually see people of a very young age with a successful music, movie or sports career. It's also glamorized by the media and entertainment corporations much more than someone who was valedictorian in College.

But alas, the OP simply thinks it's because blacks are lazy. :rolleyes:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The Troll is back and worried about something he read in the Wall Street Journal? Just to bait him, it's obvious he is unaware of private academies in Manhattan, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Atlanta where ALL the students are African American (or some shade of black) who consistently score the highest possible numbers on the PSAT and the SAT.

Now, would the racist Troll please go away again for a long, long time? Please?

Oh yeah, and I support 100% of everything Señor Rubirosa wrote . . . oh Hell, I support it 200%!

Wyldtrollchase es lo más tonto y malo persona y no puede escribir apto en inglés. ¡Qué gabacho! And I don´t mean that in a kind or humorous way.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Vinylboy, I can tell you're upset about this thread. I understand why. Total lack of sensitivity. In fact, I had my feelings hurt all day. I need to go to bed.

The one thing that does get to me the most is how we just allow someone like the OP to constantly posted this vile, racist stuff on the board time and time again. Some people have been banned for merely posting one slur. We can write a book with all of the stuff this guy says and he still gets to be here.

I've never requested for anyone to be banned before on this board... not even starinvestor or Trinity. But Wyld? How much more blatant does it need to be? Are we just waiting for him to type the N-Word or something?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
To add to this commentary,
Different cultures influence their young to survive and succeed in many different ways. In poorer communities, they're taught to do it by any means necessary. Add into the mix the struggle to maintain everyday necessity and their views on success become a lot different than ones who are told to stay in school and get good grades.

Many people see the arts, entertainment and sports as a quicker rise to the top because unlike the investment banker, lawyer, professors or government official, we can actually see people of a very young age with a successful music, movie or sports career. It's also glamorized by the media and entertainment corporations much more than someone who was valedictorian in College.

But alas, the OP simply thinks it's because blacks are lazy. :rolleyes:

Good points.

Anti-intellectualism is so strong in our country now, despite kids going to college more than ever. Yes, Asians do better than other races, but it's very cultural. Look at Japan where kids will do anything to be the smartest. Here, it's about the sports, the entertainment industry, etc.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
The one thing that does get to me the most is how we just allow someone like the OP to constantly posted this vile, racist stuff on the board time and time again. Some people have been banned for merely posting one slur. We can write a book with all of the stuff this guy says and he still gets to be here.

I've never requested for anyone to be banned before on this board... not even starinvestor or Trinity. But Wyld? How much more blatant does it need to be? Are we just waiting for him to type the N-Word or something?

I've haven't followed his posts very much, but I know you're hurt. I would just like to hug you right now. You take this very personally, and I know if I were you, I'd be offended. This, I guess, has been going on for sometime.

D

deleted15807

The one thing that does get to me the most is how we just allow someone like the OP to constantly posted this vile, racist stuff on the board time and time again.

If you recall this thread Racist and Gay Bashing on LPSG. It took an entire to get RandyL and uncut1234 booted thanks to JasonDawgxxx's exhaustive research. Even after a long long track record of racist/homophobic comments.

And of course the OP ops to delete some other important facts:

College Board officials don't attribute the widening SAT scoring gap directly to race but to factors that correlate with race, such as the likelihood of exposure to a rigorous high school curriculum. Students taking a core curriculum -- including four years of English and three each of science, social science and history -- scored 44-46 points higher on each section of the SAT.

''Our data suggest the gap is widening as academic preparation widens,'' said Wayne Camara, the College Board's vice president of research and development.

White kids are more likely to have access to advanced college-prep subjects than blacks and Hispanics, and the success of Asian-Americans on the SAT is also probably due in part to their push to enroll in such courses.

So in other words scores are positively correlated with wealth which of course is positively correlated with race.

Last edited by a moderator:

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In general I would be worried in general for any american students as we continue to always cut funding in our education system

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
MovingForward: I agree. But you should be very worried. Don't expect any great funding for public education any time soon. The USA is about the only country on the face of the earth that has not completely adopted the Metric System. It amazes me how the USA has been able to avoid universally implementing a modern, easy, and more accurate system of weights and measures. I'm surprised we don't go back to using avoirdupois in pharmacy.

When I was a youngn' and would volunteer for a 5K Fun-Run for AIDS, breast cancer, The March of Dimes, etc., it amazed me how many people who would sponsor me ask "What's the K stand for?" Also, there are few things more insulting to me than going to a lumberyard in the USA to by dimensional cut lumber and not get what I'm supposedly paying for. A finished two-by-four is not and has never been 2 inches by 4 inches. It may have started out as such, but that's what 'Mericuhns expect -- to be cheated at the check out counter. Compare that same 2 x 4 to buying lumber measured in centimeters and meters. BIG difference.

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The post at the beginning of this thread is one of the most disgusting and distressing that I've read thus far (and let's face it there have been some clangers).
Do the terms of service of this site not apply to this section to stop blatant racism like this being spewed forth?