SAT scores: 25 years of effort and nothing to show

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You conveniently did not respond to my post that shows that rich, suburban blacks still do poorly on the SAT. Any reason you can think of?

That's because you have absolutely no definitive proof in this. And showing 14 YEAR OLD STATS from 1995 comparing blacks to asians doesn't cut it. Welcome to the 21st Century, WyldBigot. The test from 1995 is not the same one that is being used today.

All you did was briefly read an article that only took a small sample of all the tests (remember the thousands and thousands you mentioned) that said black people didn't improve on the SAT, and quickly jumped to the conclusion that all blacks, regardless of their social demographic, didn't do well.

The same way you jumped to the conclusion that "rich vs. poor" meant white vs. black... how equally ignorant.

Funny how you avoided the details in order to support your bigoted beliefs, but as soon as you're losing ground you attempt to get pointlessly detailed by bold printed antiquated statistics. Can we add "hypocrite" to your list of character traits? Not only is this question intellectually dishonest (as wallyj84 pointed out), but it demonstrates how you're desperately grasping at straws to maintain your argument. I'm not here to educate you, so don't bother searching for excuses to support your ignorance. By all means, hate black men for the rest of your life and think you're better than them. It's your right to. But for your sake, let's hope that in a life or death situation that same black men you've belittled over the years on a penis thread isn't the one holding the key to your survival. We'd either be "too lazy" to do our job, or simply too bothered thinking about our music or sports careers to give a fuck about your sorry ass. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

By all means, hate black men for the rest of your life and think you're better than them.

But but he does work with those genetically challenged..........

http://www.lpsg.org/122904-ashkenazi-jews-and-intelligence-2.html#post2005033

............. I sponsor 10 kids education in Uganda at $50/month a child. Do the math, not free. I volunteer to provide care for homeless, AIDs shelters, and for kids who have lost a sibling/parent/loved one.

I used to coach inner city kids sports teams.

D_Stanford Dedwillie III

Just Browsing
Media
Okay, first this....

Here is where you show your ignorance. Genetics has nothing to do with it. It is much more culture and upbringing.

typical ignorant racist Shit. And by the way, the fact that you don't know this puts you in the dumber group of whites. You know, the ones that think they are smart, because they are white, but aren't.

Why is that racists are always the stupid white people?

Because intelligence and cognitive abilities are far too complex to be ruled by one gene, or even the .0001% genetic difference between blacks and whites.

!? How the hell do you think you can so easily quantify such things. nature vs Nurture has been going on for decades. You suddenly have the formula?

:lol:

Also, I would love to see wigger SAT scores, (if they even exist). Something tells me they are loooow. It's not genetics, its the value on education.

and then this....

Wyldguschaz said:
How do you know this? You just say it. Prove it. Find me any cognitive test that shows equality.

I will here.

Education and race: the performance of minority students in affluent areas refutes the prevailing educational shibboleths. - Free Online Library

Test scores and grades for blacks in integrated urban neighborhoods aren't any better than those in predominantly minority ghetto areas. Some affluent suburbs did no better than nearby urban areas, and even at the best suburban schools blacks on average lagged behind their white classmates

>>>. But a bigger secret is that even the poorest Asians tended to get better grades -- if not test scores -- than more affluent whites. Asians from poorer suburbs consistently outscored Euro-Americans in nearby more affluent suburbs. For all the talk about the superiority of schools in Japan or Korea, Asian-Americans are also nearly two years ahead in math, just as far ahead of their classmates as students in their ancestral lands are, even when they go to the same schools that fail other American minorities.

In short, predominantly minority schools have low test scores because minorities have lower test scores regardless of the segregation factor, not the other way around. And American schools would match Asian schools if they were dominated by Asian students. Perhaps that chilling reality is the reason that every newspaper I have contacted has chosen to ignore these data. <<<

>>>The black suburb of Prince George's County is among the top 30 per cent of U.S. counties in average household income. The school district proudly claims that its black students perform as well as their "counterparts" throughout the state -- but that's only their black counterparts. Measured by Maryland's MSPAP
(Maryland School Performance Assessment Program) test, it ranks as 22 of 24 districts in the state.

It is widely accepted that test scores increase with family income. However, SAT breakdowns for 1995 show that even the most affluent blacks, from families with incomes over $70,000, have average scores of 426, lagging behind whites or Asians from families with incomes under $10,000. But Asians from families with incomes under $10,000 have average scores of 482, ranking them with whites from families making $40,000. And it is not just test scores. Oakland's poor school system highlighted its low 1.8 black GPA<<<

Now show me where I am wrong. I eliminated money and class. Comparing poor Asians and whites to rich, suburban blacks look at the results.

What the problem with this Vinylboy? No money or class to use as an answer.

I can't wait to see you fall all over your liberals selves to attack me and not my facts. I cannot wait. Of course the facts speak for themselves loud and clear.

Um, New End....

:eek:wned2:

D_Stanford Dedwillie III

Just Browsing
Media
This is funny, I went to a university with 30k students, considered the second most ethnically diverse campus in the entire country...and guess who the serious students were? That's right the blacks! It was the white and Asians that were the dumbasses and slackoffs. And sorry, trying to say Asians are smarter than whites is no different than the message the OP is trying to present with his drivel.

It's definitely cultural because those second generation Asians who are born here in the US...guess what, they are just as dumb as the rest of us.

Get over this stupid shit.

My gf is hispanic and currently attending an Ivy league school on full scholarship. She gets a lot of shit from racist whites, but surprisingly, she gets the most shit from fellow hispanics telling her she's just trying to be white, the white man's education isn't going to help her with anything, she should just get a job at a restaurant, etc etc.

Again, cultural.

I have never experienced anything that resembles the fantasy that is this post.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
But but he does work with those genetically challenged..........

http://www.lpsg.org/122904-ashkenazi-jews-and-intelligence-2.html#post2005033

............. I sponsor 10 kids education in Uganda at $50/month a child. Do the math, not free. I volunteer to provide care for homeless, AIDs shelters, and for kids who have lost a sibling/parent/loved one.

I used to coach inner city kids sports teams.

I guess that is WyldBigot's "token black friend" excuse.
Excuse me while I sit here and not believe a word of it. :rolleyes:

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last edited:
D

deleted15807

We can fully expect the OP to discard the following:
How to Raise Our I.Q.

If intelligence were deeply encoded in our genes, that would lead to the depressing conclusion that neither schooling nor antipoverty programs can accomplish much. Yet while this view of I.Q. as overwhelmingly inherited has been widely held, the evidence is growing that it is, at a practical level, profoundly wrong. Richard Nisbett, a professor of psychology at the University of Michigan, has just demolished this view in a superb new book, &#8220;Intelligence and How to Get It,&#8221; which also offers terrific advice for addressing poverty and inequality in America
But Eric Turkheimer of the University of Virginia has conducted further research demonstrating that in poor and chaotic households, I.Q. is minimally the result of genetics &#8212; because everybody is held back.

&#8220;Bad environments suppress children&#8217;s I.Q.&#8217;s,&#8221; Professor Turkheimer said.

One gauge of that is that when poor children are adopted into upper-middle-class households, their I.Q.&#8217;s rise by 12 to 18 points, depending on the study. For example, a French study showed that children from poor households adopted into upper-middle-class homes averaged an I.Q. of 107 by one test and 111 by another. Their siblings who were not adopted averaged 95 on both tests.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My gf is hispanic and currently attending an Ivy league school on full scholarship. She gets a lot of shit from racist whites, but surprisingly, she gets the most shit from fellow hispanics telling her she's just trying to be white, the white man's education isn't going to help her with anything, she should just get a job at a restaurant, etc etc.

Again, cultural.

I used to experience the same kind of resentment from people in my own neighborhood because I went to school in a suburb that was predominately white. Got the same exact arguments and ridicule.

DEFINITELY cultural.

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
I have never experienced anything that resembles the fantasy that is this post.

Your Tennessean experience really means nothing to me, nor is it representative for the vast majority of Americans' experiences.

Calling reality fantasy isn't going to do much to advance your white supremacist agenda, sorry. Stick with railing on about death panels and calling Obama a Nazi.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
MovingForward: I agree. But you should be very worried. Don't expect any great funding for public education any time soon. The USA is about the only country on the face of the earth that has not completely adopted the Metric System. It amazes me how the USA has been able to avoid universally implementing a modern, easy, and more accurate system of weights and measures. I'm surprised we don't go back to using avoirdupois in pharmacy.

When I was a youngn' and would volunteer for a 5K Fun-Run for AIDS, breast cancer, The March of Dimes, etc., it amazed me how many people who would sponsor me ask "What's the K stand for?" Also, there are few things more insulting to me than going to a lumberyard in the USA to by dimensional cut lumber and not get what I'm supposedly paying for. A finished two-by-four is not and has never been 2 inches by 4 inches. It may have started out as such, but that's what 'Mericuhns expect -- to be cheated at the check out counter. Compare that same 2 x 4 to buying lumber measured in centimeters and meters. BIG difference.
I am not going to read all of the posts to see if this was answered. the metric system is not more accurate. A measurement is a measurement, regardless of what system you use. The metric system was designed to have a consistent system. The fact that a 2x4 is not actually 2x4 has nothing to do with the way it is measured, but with lumber yards trying to save money.

If you stop being a eurosnob then you might make decent posts.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Blacks would have to be reinvented to make up a 160 point gap.

If Wyldidiot would spend more of his time in a basement somewhere attempting to reinvent Blacks and less posting his inane threads, I'm sure society would be all be the better for it.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay, first this....

and then this....

Um, New End....

:eek:wned2:

He got "owned" by a bigot posting an article* about racial/cultural issues, and the article is from the National Review?

Sorry, no.

*An article that is, of course, very heavy on assertions, and very light on citations.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If Wyldidiot would spend more of his time in a basement somewhere attempting to reinvent Blacks and less posting his inane threads, I'm sure society would be all be the better for it.

Where do you think his computer is located? :biggrin1:
Unfortunately for all of us, access to the internet isn't a selective process based on cognitive thinking and intelligence.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We can fully expect the OP to discard the following:
How to Raise Our I.Q.

If intelligence were deeply encoded in our genes, that would lead to the depressing conclusion that neither schooling nor antipoverty programs can accomplish much. Yet while this view of I.Q. as overwhelmingly inherited has been widely held, the evidence is growing that it is, at a practical level, profoundly wrong. Richard Nisbett, a professor of psychology at the University of Michigan, has just demolished this view in a superb new book, “Intelligence and How to Get It,” which also offers terrific advice for addressing poverty and inequality in America
But Eric Turkheimer of the University of Virginia has conducted further research demonstrating that in poor and chaotic households, I.Q. is minimally the result of genetics — because everybody is held back.

“Bad environments suppress children’s I.Q.’s,” Professor Turkheimer said.

One gauge of that is that when poor children are adopted into upper-middle-class households, their I.Q.’s rise by 12 to 18 points, depending on the study. For example, a French study showed that children from poor households adopted into upper-middle-class homes averaged an I.Q. of 107 by one test and 111 by another. Their siblings who were not adopted averaged 95 on both tests.

You posted an op-ed piece as science? By an opinion columnist? You don't see me posting opinion pieces by George Will or Rush Limbaugh as rebuttals because they are opinions, not facts. Useless.

Plus read the fricking opinion piece again. He says "genetics counts in midddle class." But it does not count in poorer classes? Guess what? Genetics is not a rheostat that you turn up or down. Its an on off switch.

Here is a direct quote from YOUR source: "Intelligence does seem to be highly inherited in middle-class households, and that’s the reason for the findings of the twins studies: very few impoverished kids were included in those studies. But Eric Turkheimer of the University of Virginia has conducted further research demonstrating that in poor and chaotic households, I.Q. is minimally the result of genetics — because everybody is held back. "

This is so mindboggling stupid its funny. He references a French study that I could find no references for ANYWHERE. One study. Against lots and lots of others suggesting something else. And how in the fuck can intelligence ONLY be genetic in middle class families? Pigment, hair texture, tooth morpholgy, baldness, fast and slow twitch muscle fibers should also follow this unique genetic thermocline then. Genetics holds true for rich white kids (although I have included peer reviewed studies of rich black kids as a very elegant counter balance) in intelligence only? You are preposterous and quite frankly you just got owned bigtime.

Try harder and post facts not opinion. I do.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not going to read all of the posts to see if this was answered. the metric system is not more accurate. A measurement is a measurement, regardless of what system you use. The metric system was designed to have a consistent system. The fact that a 2x4 is not actually 2x4 has nothing to do with the way it is measured, but with lumber yards trying to save money.

If you stop being a eurosnob then you might make decent posts.

Midlifebear hates "mericuhns. And the fact that he posted what any and every carpenter knows, as some sort of scam against wood workers, is hysterical!!! What a tool.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sargon you are gonna get pummeled with your own club. I love this!!!!
Your buddy and source and his own words!!!

Nisbett's book The Geography of Thought: How Asians and Westerners Think Differently... And Why (Free Press; 2003) contends that "human cognition is not everywhere the same," that Asians and Westerners "have maintained very different systems of thought for thousands of years," and that these differences are scientifically measurable."

I am beating you like a rented mule. Too easy.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here is a peer referreed study:

Minnesota Transracial Adoption Study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the charts: The lower the IQ, the more a child adopted by rich parents had parents of African ancestry. The highest IQs were adopted kids with 2 white biological parents, the lowest were adopted kids with 2 African parents.

The difference in IQ scores between the adopting parents and their biological children would generally be explained in genetics by regression toward the mean.
The average difference in IQ scores between the testing at age 7 and testing at age 17, seen in all groups, is due to the use of different IQ tests. This difference does bear on the interpretation of the data, as noted by Ulrich Neisser who stated:
Everyone involved in this debate is well-aware that such comparisons must be corrected for the Flynn effect: Mean scores on all standard IQ tests seem to rise steadily at about 0.3 points per year. In the Minnesota study, where the tests used in the follow-up were generally not the same as those that had been given the first time, these corrections are complex and must be made on an individual basis. Until they have been made–Waldman et al. reported that they are in progress–raw figures like those above are relatively meaningless.[1]
This reanalysis was published in 2000 by John Loehlin in the Handbook of Human Intelligence.[2]
Children's backgroundAge 7 Corrected IQAge 17 Corrected IQNon adopted, with two white biological parents110.5105.5Adopted, with two white biological parents111.5101.5Adopted, with one white and one black biological parent105.493.2Adopted, with two black biological parents91.483.7
Note that this reanalysis is based solely on those kids who took a second IQ test at age 17. This is significant because this select group of kids tested lower at age 7. For example, the black kids who were tested at age 17 averaged an IQ of 95.4 (compare to 97 above) at age 7. (Scarr 1994)

D

deleted15807

Went right to amazon.com did you to get that? Didn't bother to read either the book did you? Of course you didn't. You can't understand the difference between his work on IQ and his work on thought processes?

You've left a big fat trail of your Hate Feast......

I should stay out of this but I won't. Like a moth to a flame.

If AIDS is rising in the African American community we can squarely place the blame on the African American community. .......

I have heard that black men consider it to be a sign of weakness to wear a condom. It could be an apocryphal theory but it seems to be born out in the stats.

From the WSJ: Does a black American President have the moral authority to question a white dictator ( Raul Castro) on his jailing of a black dissident?

This one is BEAUTIFUL........

Africa is a mess and its ALL because Africans are losers. Of course the idiots here will blame the West but its all squarely due to a horrible social system made of backward citizens.

The entire continent will have all its minerals taken and will be left to rot.
It would work very well at a KKK rally or white supremacist meeting or website.

Last edited by a moderator: