SAT scores: 25 years of effort and nothing to show

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
Africa is a mess for 2 big reasons.

1. Most of their governments do not enforce, or have no property rights, the most basic foundation for capitalist economy to operate. Big fail right there.

2. Geography. All the rivers flow away from the center of the country, creating a logistical nightmare. This is why historically speaking, it's been very easy for people to leave Africa and populate the globe, but incredibly difficult to go inwards.

This makes trade very difficult.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

1. Most of their governments do not enforce, or have no property rights, the most basic foundation for capitalist economy to operate. Big fail right there.

2. Geography. All the rivers flow away from the center of the country, creating a logistical nightmare. This is why historically speaking, it's been very easy for people to leave Africa and populate the globe, but incredibly difficult to go inwards.

All rivers flow from the center of continents to the coast. Otherwise the centers of continents would be huge inland salt seas. I guess the Truckee flows into an inland salt lake. The New River might flow into the Salton sea.

The Rio Grande, the Arkansas, the Platte and the Colorado flow from center outward. I guess you could say the Ohio flows into the center, but its terminus is Cairo Illinois, the first stop on the Underground Railroad that spirited blacks from the South to the free North. Not exactly a boom town. Chicago isn't even on a river.

You need another idea.

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My piece on it: Racisim probably DOES have a lot to deal with the discrepancies. How people are treated in the scools, where they are located (ie: inner city schools probably aren't the best palces for edu). Quality of education depends on where you are. THe poor probably don't get the same opportunities as the rich. Nutrition ALSO has a factor on learning/test results. Again, so do cultural factors. Some of the older IQ tests: more like "Do you know American Culture" tests vs actaul IQ... What kind of SHIT is "who was the 10th president of the US" doing on an IQ test???

As bigbull29 posted: Most guys in his town (white guys) are all wanting to be professional athletes. Different priorities.

There's some areas where the kids want to go gansta pimp. Glorification of the thug lifestyle by rap artists. School in THAT picture is even less important to the kids than those in the athlete wanna-be demographic.

Culture, upbringing, diet, and financial welldoing all have MAJOR influence on education, use of brain, and therefor SAT scores.

Certain racial groups tend, IN GENERAL, not to be as affluent, and, therefore don't have the same opportunitiy as others do.

Now, given same factors: Diet, education (quality), etc... I think those SAT scores would probably even out a bit... I could be wrong, but... I doubt it.

Last edited:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
My piece on it: Racisim probably DOES have a lot to deal with the discrepancies. How people are treated in the scools, where they are located (ie: inner city schools probably aren't the best palces for edu). Quality of education depends on where you are. THe poor probably don't get the same opportunities as the rich. Nutrition ALSO has a factor on learning/test results. Again, so do cultural factors. Some of the older IQ tests: more like "Do you know American Culture" tests vs actaul IQ... What kind of SHIT is "who was the 10th president of the US" doing on an IQ test???
aaanyways...

You can never underplay culture here. It's gay to learn for a lot of boys in this country (I'm must be one of the gayest boys around).

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some of the older IQ tests: more like "Do you know American Culture" tests vs actaul IQ... What kind of SHIT is "who was the 10th president of the US" doing on an IQ test???

No. IQ tests are tests of spacial reasoning, the most common tests have to do with pattern recognition.

You are thinking of SAT tests that had cultural biases.

The Minnesota test definitely shows some variation, that at least for the 7 year olds shows some conclusive evidence. However, it is very dangerous to point to one study, with a sample of a mere 130 people, and call it proof.

These tests were administered in the age of television. 7 is already 2 years into the school system, and 4 -5 years of racial self identification, as well as 4 - 5 years of television conditioning.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Midlifebear hates "mericuhns. And the fact that he posted what any and every carpenter knows, as some sort of scam against wood workers, is hysterical!!! What a tool.

Ummmm... MLB is an American.
Or did you not notice the word "Nevada" underneath his avatar in your desperate need to find another bigot to play with on this board?

You're apparently not the sharpest knife in the Ginzu set, are ya? :rolleyes:

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not going to read through six pages, so I guess I can't really expect anyone to read my post either, but...

Society has a hell of a lot more to do with this than any cognitive difference between races. Without breaking things down into every sub-category I'll just hit the few really glaring points (that I'm sure someone has brought up by now, but restating shouldn't hurt).

For the record, my high school was 60% black, 35% white and 5% "other."

Black male teens: These guys gets tons of respect from their peers for keeping up on their studies and doing well in school. Oh wait.

Asians: Especially first generations in the US get tons of pressure from their parents. They are expected to, and had damn well better, succeed.

Whites: Legacies are a big thing to a lot of upper middle class white families. A lot of kids are pressured to go to the school their mom/dad did. At the very least, they need to make it to college if their parents did or they get disappointed looks/comments for the next few decades.

Not even going to address individual prowess/internal pressure because it obviously doesn't translate well to broad strokes.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
We could quickly put an end to all this silliness regarding SAT scores by having Wild man who chases goosy things to honestly post his ancient SAT scores. But then, maybe he's from one of those backward States that only requires an ACT score for entrance to a community college.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yes. For those in doubt, I, Midlifebear, am a native-born, legal, tax-paying citizen who is rather certain that I pay more taxes to the IRS than Wild Man Who Chases after Geese. I also live outside the USA, enjoying a better standard of living than most. And as for my modest wealth, I earned it; every penny, dime, dollar and Euro. I even earn a substantial amount of Argentine Pesos each year, too. Wild Man Who Chases after Geese loves to call me an 'Mericuhn hater because that's the only lame tool he has hanging off of the smelly underwear he claims is his tool belt. I suppose it's time to point out to everyone that I do not hate the USA. I'm rather fond of it. I own large chunks of it and if required to do so, I'm willing to pay even more taxes to keep it safe from people like Wild Man Who Chases after Geese.

I often wonder what kind of criminal records people like Wild Man Who Chases after Geese have. Folks so unglued and outright racist must have some sort of record showing several encounters with the local police.

Uh, and what were his SAT scores? My combined GRE score was just 1280, but the University of Texas only required a minimum score of 1,100 to qualify for graduate school. I did slightly better on the LSAT, but the idea of becoming an attorney rather galled me. Oh, that reminds me. What graduate school and or subsequent degrees has Wild Man Who Chases after Geese obtained in his lifetime? What? Did he drop out of college because of brain damage from all of those Frat parties? Just asking. LMAO!!!!

Media
Yes. For those in doubt, I, Midlifebear, am a native-born, legal, tax-paying citizen who is rather certain that I pay more taxes to the IRS than Wild Man Who Chases after Geese. I also live outside the USA, enjoying a better standard of living than most. And as for my modest wealth, I earned it; every penny, dime, dollar and Euro. I even earn a substantial amount of Argentine Pesos each year, too. Wild Man Who Chases after Geese loves to call me an 'Mericuhn hater because that's the only lame tool he has hanging off of the smelly underwear he claims is his tool belt. I suppose it's time to point out to everyone that I do not hate the USA. I'm rather fond of it. I own large chunks of it and if required to do so, I'm willing to pay even more taxes to keep it safe from people like Wild Man Who Chases after Geese.

I often wonder what kind of criminal records people like Wild Man Who Chases after Geese have. Folks so unglued and outright racist must have some sort of record showing several encounters with the local police.

Uh, and what were his SAT scores? My combined GRE score was just 1280, but the University of Texas only required a minimum score of 1,100 to qualify for graduate school. I did slightly better on the LSAT, but the idea of becoming an attorney rather galled me. Oh, that reminds me. What graduate school and or subsequent degrees has Wild Man Who Chases after Geese obtained in his lifetime? What? Did he drop out of college because of brain damage from all of those Frat parties? Just asking. LMAO!!!!

Ad hominem argument. Maybe if you did better on the LSAT you'd recognize that.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Duh. Maybe if you were smarter you would realize that we all know arguing logically with dumbass is a waste of time. It's easier to insult him. And what is with the newbs in this thread. Is goose chaser bringing his sock puppet army in to back him up?

B_Enough_for_Me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I would add that a world full of Do-Gooders isn't helping them much. Example? DDT. Banned by the WHO and considered a global catastrophe for 20 years. Africa had no clout to fight for what they needed so millions of people died from Malaria. Then the WHO says DDT is fine; no apology from the WHO.

Arms embargo's, trade embargo's, aid of all sorts that doesn't do what it was intended for, and fights over natural resources; it's all there.

B_Enough_for_Me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not picking a side here, but the LSAT is a logic test. They don't actually test on legal priciples.

One of the most useless tests ever devised.

If the topic of this thread were revived, African Americans do poorly on the LSAT as well.

Blacks by far do the worst in American schools and tests like the SAT/ACT compared to how Asians (includes Indians), whites, and Latinos do. A black school in NYC got funding and instead of using it for school supplies such as computers, textbooks, or hiring better teachers who want to teach in the ghettos of America they bought fried chicken with the funding. No lie.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Blacks by far do the worst in American schools and tests like the SAT/ACT compared to how Asians (includes Indians), whites, and Latinos do. A black school in NYC got funding and instead of using it for school supplies such as computers, textbooks, or hiring better teachers who want to teach in the ghettos of America they bought fried chicken with the funding. No lie.

Look, another fucking newb sock puppet.