Satan is a Christian

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Bully. I wasn't messing up this thread. I was just saying what was clever about what he said. I PM'ed him about it already. I liked.

Why hostile?

Sorry, Spiker. I wasn't hostile so much as frustrated by the heated debate going on in the "God" thread. My own experience is that such debates are probably the worst possible way to get across one's point of view. Whenever religion is involved, and people feel strongly about it one way or the other, a discussion will quickly become too emotional to be fruitful. Although the participants may be presenting arguments they believe to be logical (and in some cases, they are logically sound), there is too much emotion and prejudice for any of the arguments to influence anyone else's opinion. In short, it is really a platform to vent one's own frustrations, not a platform to effect true change.

The reason it's clever is that myth or not Satan believes J.C. is the son of God who was/did/will die for believers' sins, go to hell, and rise/rose on the 3rd day. And that believing that will redeem and save.

I mean no disrespect to your Christian beliefs, but the central point presented in your post is not appreciation for Hickboy's cleverness. It is a thinly veiled attempt to use Hickboy's "cleverness" as a springboard to soapbox your own theology.

I understand that you believe that belief in Jesus Christ will redeem and save. I have no disrespect for that. But your statement has no chance of swaying my beliefs, nor, I think, anyone else's. It has 3 possible outcomes: people will either agree with it, have no opinion about it, or disagree with it (and in some cases, passionately). None of these outcomes advances your cause, which, I assume, is spreading your faith.

Please do not try to argue with me, as I have no desire to get into an argument with you. Arguing with me about religion is pointless because I have heard it all, formed my own conclusions, and cannot be converted to anyone else's point of view, regardless of which tactics are used. Trust me.

Neither do I have any interest in converting you to agnosticism.

Be well, Spiker.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He's more a Jew than a Christian. Christians believe Christ died for their sins. Jews believe in God/YHWH/Jehovah.

Satan is a Christian creation. Well, really, he isn't... he's based on the Greek god "Hades" who is the god of the underworld, and therefor he's borrowed from the pagans (as much of christianity is). Still, satan is beleived in by the christians, and not by the Jews, so i don't think we can call Satan "Jewish."

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Satan is a Christian creation. Well, really, he isn't... he's based on the Greek god "Hades" who is the god of the underworld, and therefor he's borrowed from the pagans (as much of christianity is). Still, satan is beleived in by the christians, and not by the Jews, so i don't think we can call Satan "Jewish."

C'mon guys. It's rude to talk about someone in the third person as if they aren't there in the same forum. And use a feminine pronoun when talking about me. Sheesh.
:firedevil:

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
I mean no disrespect to your Christian beliefs, but the central point presented in your post is not appreciation for Hickboy's cleverness. It is a thinly veiled attempt to use Hickboy's "cleverness" as a springboard to soapbox your own theology.

No, really, its not a veiled anything. It seemed people were missing Hick's point. Its simply the definition of what it takes to be a Christian which is what Satan believes (at least according to the Bible). Which implies Satan is a Christian, clever it is... original? ... I have yet to google it.

Beliefs offend, I do try to keep them inoffensive and mostly on religion based threads for the purposes of discussion. And I'm not a devout Christian per se, yet, but I try not to deny moral truths (as I perceive them). I really feel that some of what I have posted really offends you, sorry. As far as trying to convert you or anyone I haven't. Read the threads and show me, not for purposes of 'arguing' but just of understanding.

Peace, (<-not a religious offering, stole it from an agnostic friend:smile:)
Spiker

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a shame the name Lucifer has been shackled with the negative connotations of this charade, because the Latin meaning (Light Bearer) is quite beautiful.

Which is why he's not supposed to use it any more, not since the Fall. But enforcement has been lax.

Maybe it was Milton who said that. Mr Memory is being fractious - it's been a while since I read Milton. If so, no problem, as Milton isn't canonical.

ray j johnson jr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think satan would love the body worshiping and attachment that goes on here...if you think there is no evil force in the universe, just look at the evil that has gone on over history...i have read reputable books on exorcism, seen history channel documentaries, heard saints testimonies ( hindu and christain) and had a friend tell me who left his body after a suicide attempt of meeting a demon...i think you are foolish to discount satan as myth...malachi martin and yogananda are people satan deniers might be interested in reading about...the koran also says there is a devil (iblis) i think it means adversary

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
According to the Bible, the answer is yes. Satan recognizes Jesus as the son of God and tempts him to invoke his own power and his father's power. Satan is a believer, so yes, I have to say Satan is a Christian.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We should not be too literalist about this. That Satan is a Christian because he tempted Christ during his "apotheosis" lacks a certain primary rigour: Satan is a creature of Semitic religions - Judaism and Islam. His position in Christian theology is ambiguous. The Gnostics belive there is a divine spark in all of us, and self knowledge knows there is a little of Satan in us all too. But the summation cannot be other than Satan is not Christian, he is the antethesis of Christianity.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I always get interested when people claim that "God" could be a woman.

If there is a divine being, a creator, why would it have a gender at all?
According to the official doctorine of the Baptist Church, God is neither black nor white, man nor woman. When this was announced in the late eighties a popular radio personality in Atlanta declared that the Baptists now worshiped Michael Jackson as their God.

He was promptly banned from the airwaves.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
According to the official doctorine of the Baptist Church, God is neither black nor white, man nor woman. When this was announced in the late eighties a popular radio personality in Atlanta declared that the Baptists now worshiped Michael Jackson as their God.

He was promptly banned from the airwaves

I just love that all the dominant representations of Christ for such a long time was of a soft, straight haired, blue eyed blond. Gotta love how whitey gets to transmorgrify as he pleases.

Kidding! <--For anyone looking to take offense :)

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Satan is the leader of the angels who tried to over throw God and was cast out of heaven. That is when hell was created. Satan is also known by many other names. Like Lucifer, the master of lies, the evil one,ect.

when I first replied I was very sleep deprived and I decided to go over this again. Just wanted to let everyone know this is NOT how hell was created , Hell was basically a dump where trash was burned in ancient times...........someone took that and ran with it making it a threat for people who would trash the gift of a soul which they were given by GOD if they didnt live as the church ordained.

Another piece of trivia you will not learn in church is that the word SIN was an old archery term in medieval times and it meant nothing more than to miss the mark. If an archerer miss the intended target they were said to have sinned. Shocking how it later became so minsconstrued isnt it ?

:banana:
HORSE

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
There are no Christians in the Bible. No saints, either. Just a whole bunch of Jews and their enemies.

On the contrary Hickboy. Christians and the use of that term first appear in the Bible's book of Acts: specifically Acts 11:26.