SATC back on TV?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Pandora77, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Pandora77

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I just read that Sex and the City is possibly returning to TV screens.
    I am going to freak out if this is true!!!!
    Plans might be to show the early lives of Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte- of course with younger actresses though.
    What do you all think?
    I don't want different actresses, I want the "old" ones to return to TV to continue their crazy life in New York, with stories about love, sex and of course fashion and the newest Manolos!

2. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh no. I thought I was rid of that show forever. It's not my cup of tea, really. I'll stick with The A-Team and Knight Rider.

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Not for me. I loathed the first one. I will not be watching any incarnations.

4. Pandora77

Albums:
    The first movie or show?
    They are not gonna make a movie, they want to bring the show back.

5. Pandora77

Albums:
    Haha, nobody said you had to watch it. I guess I dislike the A- Team as much as you dislike SATC lol :tongue:

6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

The movie and the show just were not for me. I think part of the problem was I was living in NYC at the time of both and they were both so unrealistic to reality. I had so many people ask me if living with in NY was just like Sex In The City and it always made my skin crawl; my responses varied from profane to near homicidal depending on how well I knew the person making the query.
    I never identified with any of the characters or had any sympathy for their (in my opinion faux) problems

7. Pandora77

Albums:
    I know what you mean and I think we all know, or at least should know, that it's just a TV show, not real life in NYC.
    Actually I meant if the fans or the ones that really liked the show would be happy about it coming back and if they could accept a different cast.
    I think if they come back with the same cast and crew and same script writers, that the show could be successful again.

8. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    An ex-girlfriend did. :tongue: It has some good points. For example, many lady-friends consider Samantha to be a ground-breaking character; one that changed the media and public perception of women forever. Personally, I couldn't see beyond the character/writing flaws. In some episodes (that I've seen), Carrie is a bit of a prude during conversations with 'the girls'. Then, she flips her attitude and her personality changes entirely - then suddenly, she is willing to discuss anything again as long as it is crucial to the storyline of her current relationship(s). She isn't very well-rounded like Samantha or the others, more of a plot device. Likewise, certain aspects of the show are never fully-explained and appear unrealistic. For something that's received such acclaim, I couldn't help but watch it with a critical eye. On top of that, I just didn't like the characters much. But, I didn't mind the sexy bits. :wink:

At least you like Knight Rider. :tongue: The A-Team is/was awesome! Although I'm fairly certain it was by accident, it highlights the benefits of hard-work and true friendship. Despite everything, they are willing to risk their lives for one another without delay. In the eyes of most people, they are criminals - but they do good. It nicely demonstrates the shades of grey between good and bad, in the same way as Jean Valjean and Javert in 'Les Misérables'. The characters are all well-rounded and in the case of B.A, while simplistic, breaks stereotypes in some areas. He's a muscular black man with a temper, but looks after his friends, helps troubled people and loves children. It also has a wonderful air of innocence to it. Yes, it's a silly children's show, but it never claimed to be more than that. *cues A-Team theme :biggrin1:*

9. Pandora77

Albums:
    Well, Samantha is also my favouite character. I like how she does whatever (or whoever lol) she likes without regrets.
    I guess what I like most about the show (besides the shoes and dresses of course) is the deep friendship the girls have. They are always there for each other, no matter what, and can talk about everything.
    Plus I like how they all have to deal with certain assholes and how they handle them.

You don't wanna tell me that the A- Team is very realistic though?! lol
    And let's not talk about how realistic a talking car is lol :tongue:

10. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh, we've all dealt with assholes before. :rolleyes: Hmm, bullets that don't kill or a car with a conscience. Tough one. I'm calling it a tie on the realism scale. :tongue:

11. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I watched it a few times. A really bad show. I also found it degrading to women. Not all women are sluts and have a horseface like Sarah Jessica Parker.

12. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Did not hurt her bank account though! Sarah hurt by cruel mag poll | News.com.au

13. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wasn't it bad enough what it did to women the first time around? It was bad acting as well.

14. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I really don't think she is ugly. Pretty? No. I recall a poll from years ago that women thought she was pretty and that men did not. That has been her nick name for years. I had forgotten her exact name. A search brings up her name along with the nickname.

15. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I saw her on the street once without makeup and flattering lighting. I think she could turn a child to stone or a pillar of salt.

16. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

As i have said i forgot her full name and did a search. Here is just one link.

Sarah Jessica Parker Looks Like A Horse

17. Remington

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  18. redz_rule

Gold Member

Ha! A couple of years ago I had one of these... until someone hid it from me :(

Anyway, back on topic - I adored SATC... but I hated the first film and didn't watch the second. It ended on a high and I think they should just leave it now.

I think people are a bit harsh about SJP. She may not be conventionally pretty, but she makes the most of what she has - beautiful eyes, thick hair and a trim figure *shrug*

19. Pandora77

Albums:
    This was not supposed to be a discussion whether guys find the characters from SATC hot or ugly.
    I wanted feedback from the fans, like you, if they want the show back or not.

But yes, I agree that the movie kinda sucked a bit. I mean I am glad Carrie and Mr Big got married, but that special something something that the show had was missing in the movie.

Like I said, if they have good writers, the same cast and crew and a good story, the show could be great again!
    I mean who wouldn't wanna hear more about "Mrs up-the-butt" or about a SM chamber in a closet rofl

20. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    :tongue: I pity the fool that hasn't got a 'Mr T in your Pocket'.

Draft saved Draft deleted