Sauna and steam-room etiquette

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah I know nothing will actually happen, it's more the feeling of being naked with others, especially if it is mixed
I get that, tho I wouldn't like having a mixed sauna; I feel like it is best if it's just us guys.

throbb

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thanks, It is a mixed bag, it seems the older guys walk around naked and the younger ones are always seem scared and covered up. Many wear their bathing suits in the sauna and steam.
I think the younger guys are raging boners ready to happen at no notice, so maybe that's why?
I joined a gym and it is the first time that I have used the sauna and steam room. Not sure about what is the right thing to do on covering up and laying down. The Steam room is so wet that I sit on a towel but it gets soaked. I like the feel of nothing covering me up but I do when someone enters. After 10-15 minutes I go to the showers and cool down and then go to the Sauna. What is the proper thing to do? Should i dry off or go in wet from the showers? I kind of hate attempting to dry off with the wet steam towel. The I go in the Sauna with the towel wrapped around. When there is nobody there I like to lay down on my towel and if someone comes in I cover up my junk. Sometimes I sit up and cover up. I really like the feel of nothing but do not know if it is inappropriate to show my junk. I am not looking for any action, just want to relax. The other thing is how much greeting and talking is suggested in either the steam room or Sauna. It seems most people are completely silent. Is it ok to stay laying down if there is plenty or room. Do you ask if it is ok to the guy coming in? I take a second towel with me to shower afterwards and dry off because i have no ideal the amount of germs picked up on the sauna and steam room towel. What do guys do with the towels, do you wash them each time lay them flat in your trunk of the car and let them dry. Do you put them in your gym bag and contaminate your clothes? Just looking for suggestions how what to do so I don't look like I am cruising for sex and staying germ free. I am a grower so I don't have a massive cock to strut, but when I'm hard I am 7.5 X 6.75 so I don't really give a fuck what the other people that seem me naked think. Seems like most guys wear shorts or bathing suits in the sauna or steam room. I tried it and feel better with nothing on and don't mine seeing good looking bodies and well hung guys. I think the human body of men and women are beautiful and should be admired. I'm sure with my body and my 4" flaccid dick I don't turn any guy on but if they want to look I don't mine and am flattered if they like it. Please send me a message to let me know what the proper protocol is for straight guys.
So many practical questions! The sauna I enjoyed today had no towels in the steam room, just houses for cold water and squeegees.

Wood sauna? No bums on the wood without a towel ever.

Speaking of Wood for a moment, Switzerland has a nurse sauna culture with men and women. Men: 100% naked and generally carrying towels but no covering anything. Women: 10% wear swimsuits and the rest go nurse or have a towel wrapped.

Back to the Wood, though... if you get a boner one thing to do when you are all naked is to cover it with your hand or change your position so your duck hangs between your legs. At this sauna, the normal thing is just sit forward a bit and let your huge hard cock rest between your legs. Saying hello when you enter the sauna seems to scream I don't care if you get hard in front of me and I hope you will enjoy the same.

I enjoy letting anyone see me uncovered, and as long as it was 1:1 in the sauna it was a forest in there! Wood everywhere. If one person strikes just a bit you seem to be good to go, and it is appreciated.
Where I was some guys walked up to me and I just said, only for show. Didn't want to touch anything.

One guy though was soo hit. He said hello when I came in so after he was hanging over his hard, thick 6 or 7" cock I see good bye or see you.

He followed me to the shower. We have each other a show, and said good bye. He was such a beautiful man, mostly the body and face, though he had nothing not to be proud of.

The women mostly ignored the men, and the men didn't show their wood when the women were around. Just semis.

oh, bring a clean towel always, or two. If you don't want to sit in the steam room because you can't clean it, you can always stand for a while. Hope to see you there!! Hot topic!!

justahornyguy174

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I get that, tho I wouldn't like having a mixed sauna; I feel like it is best if it's just us guys.
I'd defo prefer mixed, I'm not around naked men much and women way less, unless I happen to go to a nude beach. I do actually see more naked women, but that is just from having sex with women, so it's certainly something different as I like the idea of just hanging around with naked people in a non sexual way!

Reactions: kev2001

Scrapple11

Sexy Member
Media
NYC here. General etiquette usually followed here includes: Shower first, no shoes, wear a towel only, no cell phones. I wear a towel (loosely) as that's the general custom at my gym but sit nude (on a towel) if I'm alone or following suit. I get a fresh towel if mine gets too wet and carry a second towel for showering.
The gym-bros who come in covered in post-workout sweat, still in their gym clothes and sit and flip through their phones are the most annoying.
Also annoying are the indiscreet men who play in the steam room/sauna not worrying about someone walking in. It's led to complaints and many steam rooms being closed, which sucks for everyone.

Scrapple11

Sexy Member
Media
NYC here. General etiquette usually followed here includes: Shower first, no shoes, wear a towel only, no cell phones. I wear a towel (loosely) as that's the general custom at my gym but sit nude (on a towel) if I'm alone or following suit. I get a fresh towel if mine gets too wet and carry a second towel for showering.
The gym-bros who come in covered in post-workout sweat, still in their gym clothes and sit and flip through their phones are the most annoying.
Also annoying are the indiscreet men who play in the steam room/sauna not worrying about someone walking in. It's led to complaints and many steam rooms being closed, which sucks for everyone.
(Forgot to add, I have no problem with the discreet men.)

DerrickRigg

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
One of the gyms I used go for just back and legs had a we sauna. Went in there after back workout and lay covered up on my back on the hot tiles. There was two older guys who rubbed my chest and nipples, feel my abs, and then jack me off under the towel when the sauna was filled with steam.

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
One of the gyms I used go for just back and legs had a we sauna. Went in there after back workout and lay covered up on my back on the hot tiles. There was two older guys who rubbed my chest and nipples, feel my abs, and then jack me off under the towel when the sauna was filled with steam.
I think that's a good thing.

Reactions: kev2001
D

deleted814719

The gym at my place of employment had a sauna, steam room, and whirlpool in the men's locker room. Everyone using the sauna or steam room would simply bring a towel into the space, place it on the bench, and sit fully nude.