Sauna at gym

commando1463

Legendary Member
Media
Orlando i Florida (Florida, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Heading to gym in a few minutes and will spend some time after workout in the sauna. At the gyms I go to (various locations of national chain) it varies what guys wear into the sauna-gym clothes, shorts, underwear, a towel, etc. So my question, what do you wear in the sauna at the gym? What about most others at your gym?

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
By default, I am naked in the sauna. I follow the Scandinavian practice. If there are rules for that particular sauna in the gym, then I will follow suit.

Reactions: cali06

I either wear a towel wrapped around my waist, or sit on a towel naked in the steam room at my Y. This is what most guys do. You don't see that many modest guys using the locker room facilities at my Y. That being said, you see a lot of guys naked that you really could have gone a lifetime without seeing naked!

Reactions: cali06 and Mr Fixit

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
All the guys at my gym are naked in the sauna. (No coed saunas...there's one for women as well, but I've never been invited!)

Some sit on towels, though I like the feel of the hot wood.

Ashejacker

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I either wear a towel wrapped around my waist, or sit on a towel naked in the steam room at my Y. This is what most guys do. You don't see that many modest guys using the locker room facilities at my Y. That being said, you see a lot of guys naked that you really could have gone a lifetime without seeing naked!

Same here. Towel for hygiene reasons for both myself and others.

Golfon20s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm a member of a mixed gym so it's swim shorts for me. But it's nice to still have a few bits of eye candy (both sexes) in shorts and bikini's

Mr Fixit

Legendary Member
Media
N/W Australia - on the fringe of the Indian Ocean
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Naked and sitting on a towel. Most other guys do the same though some keep their towel wrapped around their waist.

I agree with AG08. I've seen a few things in saunas that I'd rather not dwell on. Some men are not designed for display on a heated slab!

Reactions: AG08 and Golfon20s

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I think that you will find that in most places which have saunas they expect you to go naked and bring something to sit on, or to wrap a towel around you. To keep swimwear on which have been used in a chlorinated pool is not a good idea as it is not only unhygienic but the chlorine left in the swimwear turns into gas by the heat in the sauna.
If you don't want to bring a second towel, used to sit on in the sauna, you can take your swimwear off and rinse them well and then use to sit on. (remember to rinse well afterwards too)

Reactions: AlwaysSunnyinDFW

Like most guys have said, naked sitting on a towel. That's what the majority of the guys at my gym do as well. Some keep a towel wrapped around them. Some just bring it in there to sit on. No big deal either way.