Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey guys, do you have any advice for a sauna beginner? Are there any rules? I am a little worried, because I don't know what to expect. Thanks in advance.

Bakuba

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
While I have never been to Denmark, unfortunately, it is my understanding that in Scandinavia saunas are very popular, nude, generally co-ed (both men and women), and not overtly sexual.
Thanks for input, Dave. I heard about that too. Is there a difference where you live? Do you go to sauna from time to time?

sailm8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You always use a towel. Walk in with your towel around your waist. Look around and see if everyone is nude or covered or mixed. When in Rome follow the crowd. Later when you are more comfortable visiting a sauna walk in nude or be the first one nude. i have been using saunas for years and am comfortable enough to arrive holding my towel to sit on and can be the only nude person in the sauna.

Reactions: Barberseville

Bakuba

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You always use a towel. Walk in with your towel around your waist. Look around and see if everyone is nude or covered or mixed. When in Rome follow the crowd. Later when you are more comfortable visiting a sauna walk in nude or be the first one nude. i have been using saunas for years and am comfortable enough to arrive holding my towel to sit on and can be the only nude person in the sauna.
Very nice! Sounds reasonable. Thank you!

Barberseville

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Generally speaking, if you are a beginner just copy everyone else. I am unclear if you question relates to gay saunas with the explicit hope of what we Brits would call "a shag" or to the sauna in a standard hotel or gym. Either way, when in Rome do as the Romans do, and never underestimate the human capacity to sit in sexually frustrated silence in a hot box.

It is always easier to unwrap a bath towel and take it off if that's a convention, than to cover yourself with a hand towel if you slip in naked and suddenly discover a sign saying "nudity forbidden, no lewd conduct, offenders will be handed over to the police", which I have seen in one Asian spa. Also anticipation can be everything in building trust and rapport.

A colleague was once berated in gym in Saudi Arabia for baring his bum as he changed. Different places have different vibes so go in with an open mind and relax. Even if you don't get shagged the hot air will do wonders for your sinuses and circulation.

Reactions: chubbyjockstrap

kevin91

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Public places it's mostly males and females separately. In some countries you use towel, but in others like Finland basically never. See what other people do and do the same. If you really want to use towel and you're foreigner no one cares though. Nothing sexual at all unless you go to a gay sauna that advertise themselves as one. There are only very few gay saunas.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

A colleague was once berated in gym in Saudi Arabia for baring his bum as he changed. Different places have different vibes so go in with an open mind and relax. Even if you don't get shagged the hot air will do wonders for your sinuses and circulation.

He's lucky he wasn't sent to prison for 10 years or, worse, taken out and summarily executed.