Sauna etiquette at the gym

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I love showing proper behavior in a sauna/steam.

Now, unless the posted rules require otherwise (and they sometimes do and I obey them), if it's a unisex sauna/steam I walk in naked and stay that way. I now don't care if there are multiple men in there all fully covered, including, as was recently the case, a trio of twenty-somethings in full workout kit with sneakers.

EmperorJimbo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I love showing proper behavior in a sauna/steam.

Now, unless the posted rules require otherwise (and they sometimes do and I obey them), if it's a unisex sauna/steam I walk in naked and stay that way. I now don't care if there are multiple men in there all fully covered, including, as was recently the case, a trio of twenty-somethings in full workout kit with sneakers.

Yep. I'm "that guy". I'm frequently the only naked guy in the sauna with as many as 5-6 others. Sometimes it's a little more even, but usually not.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do you go to my gym? I have witnessed nearly everything you have stated.

One additional, those guys that shave their faces or heads in the sauna or steam room even though there are signs stating shaving is not allowed....
Don't go to your gym but I'm defense of shaving in the sauna steam room there is no closer shave you can get than in the stream room. But I always carried a wash cloth with me when I was gonna shave in the steam room to keep my whiskers on the cloth.

Calvinguy

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Don't go to your gym but I'm defense of shaving in the sauna steam room there is no closer shave you can get than in the stream room. But I always carried a wash cloth with me when I was gonna shave in the steam room to keep my whiskers on the cloth.

The guy I'm talking about does not carry a wash cloth.

LGX

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wildly varying behavior is what I've seen. What I hate most are people that are loud, rude and just not considerate. One guy at my gym is always singing and it's fucking annoying. Some other guys will come in and start grooming themselves or leaving bandaids around. Some people also can't seem to take a hint, especially the gross/out of shape guys.

aprg1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There's a guy at my gym that takes it to another level. Sweaty and smelly as hell..comes in without showering with a full water bottle. After a while, takes the top off the bottle and pours it over his head so you get the sweat/water mixture creeping down the bench toward you. When that happens I book it. People have said something to him - he's oblivious

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Enjoy the steam, and shave outside it immediately afterwards. Your beard will not toughen that fast. A wash cloth can't guarantee strays and cream left in the room.

I'm appalled by what's been described in this thread. I really didn't realize how good I have it. I'm a member at a nudist campground that's got a sauna, and have never witnessed anything like what guys have been relating here. The only annoyance, which is very minor, is a few who insist on leaving towels and even damp clothing items in the sauna to dry. I've started removing them to the adjacent hot tub room if I use the sauna. It's a sauna, not your Maytag drier....

The sauna at my gym is very cruisy. It's laughable actually. Hot guys avoiding fat guys whilst trying to hook up with other hot guys while the fat guys avoid and shun the other fat guys. Kind of sad really that they expect men who are clearly physically superior to find them attractive while they themselves don't find heavy set guys with small cocks interesting. I got news for them, I don't need a blow job that bad that I'd lower my standards in a sauna.

LGX

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The sauna at my gym is very cruisy. It's laughable actually. Hot guys avoiding fat guys whilst trying to hook up with other hot guys while the fat guys avoid and shun the other fat guys. Kind of sad really that they expect men who are clearly physically superior to find them attractive while they themselves don't find heavy set guys with small cocks interesting. I got news for them, I don't need a blow job that bad that I'd lower my standards in a sauna.
Describes my gym. Tons of fat/out of shape guys that don't get the hint. It becomes this very weird back and forth of hot guy trying to leave sauna, fat guy following him. Hot guy comes back, sees another hot guy and a different fat guy comes in and they both leave.

A lot of the out of shape guys are just....disgusting. Terrible breath/hygine and they go beyond subtle when it comes to cruising.

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Germans use the term "Auf Prinzensuche gehen" (looking out for the prince): all that constant in and out goung in a frenzy to go after thát stud. Especially when you are in a (gay)sauna with several floors, there is unrest because wasn't there an über-sexy dude down there in the dry sauna? And that blonde viking in the videolounge? And that bick-dicked waterpolo dude in the pool? So people keep walking around. In the end most will leave the premises in frustration.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I regularly use the sauna and hot tub after my workouts at the gym and I don't concern myself with "etiquette" while using them because I'm not there to act like a creep. The purpose of these amenities is for them to be used for what they are designed for, not going around looking for some random hookup or trying to rub one out when no one might be looking. I regularly talk to some people that I know when I'm using them, which is totally acceptable, but I've never seen anyone act like a creep.

D

deleted15807

Yuck yuck yuck. Glad my gym bans that. Not sure what etiquette guide anywhere endorses public shaving.

exib

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most places allow shaving at the sink. Never in the shower area due to possible blood.

Although my wife tells me women shave their body in the shower area all the time.

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do not understand the shaving in the steam room bit. How do I have to see it? Shaving the face with no mirror and no cream?

Or is it about shaving cock and balls in the steam room? That would be very offensive in a regular fitness centre for a general public.

Reactions: Nudistpig

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I do not understand the shaving in the steam room bit. How do I have to see it? Shaving the face with no mirror and no cream?

Or is it about shaving cock and balls in the steam room? That would be very offensive in a regular fitness centre for a general public.
Well bro I never use a mirror to shave my face. Or shave cream for that matter. Shower or steam room I know my face and use my fingers to know where to start at my sideburns. Very close shave in either of the above. I always clean my shower area after I'm done showering. I never leave a messy area although a lot of guys leave their soap shampoo etc. Not me I'm respectful.

aldawg

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It's amazing the difference when you lose weight and switch from being "the fat guy" to "the hot one." While I wouldn't ordinarily call myself that, I've had many of the younger, hot guys do so since I've lost about 35 lbs. and gotten into decent shape. I've been propositioned more in the past 6 months than in the past 20 years!

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's amazing the difference when you lose weight and switch from being "the fat guy" to "the hot one." While I wouldn't ordinarily call myself that, I've had many of the younger, hot guys do so since I've lost about 35 lbs. and gotten into decent shape. I've been propositioned more in the past 6 months than in the past 20 years!

Did you succeed to get a tight skin again? Often a succesful weight-loss campaign results in a slimmer appearance indeed, but often the skin in the belly area remains loose?

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well bro I never use a mirror to shave my face. Or shave cream for that matter. Shower or steam room I know my face and use my fingers to know where to start at my sideburns. Very close shave in either of the above. I always clean my shower area after I'm done showering. I never leave a messy area although a lot of guys leave their soap shampoo etc. Not me I'm respectful.

Hm... I have never seen it at my local fitness centre. I am not sure it will be appreciated when clients bring their Gillette with them and start shaving, but I am happy to learn that apparently steam is best for a smooth shaving result.

aldawg

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Did you succeed to get a tight skin again? Often a succesful weight-loss campaign results in a slimmer appearance indeed, but often the skin in the belly area remains loose?
Stomach area still needs some work, but I'm trying. I guess it'll always be a work in progress!

Reactions: Dutchstud