Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
An old man once accused me of wanking in the sauna in my apartment building's locker room - which was not true by the way. I always sauna nude and he had walked in with his trunks pulled up to his armpits. After a few minutes of awakward glances, he told me that my erection was obvious and that I should be ashamed for playing with myself in a public place.

I had to explain to him that I had been in there for a while and the heat makes my junk relax and hang lower than usual - no big deal. Besides, this is the men's locker room so the sight of a penis shouldn't be so shocking. He called bull shit and told me that it was way too big to not be hard and that I shouldn't be trying to talk my way out of trouble.

This exchange got so rediculous that I actually had to demonstrate to the guy that my dick was as limp as a wet noodle (which shouldn't have been necessary because the thing was flopped down on the bench the whole time.) I also informed him that if I were actually hard, there would be absolutely no mistaking it.

He eventually shut up and I finished my sauna and left. I saw him in there a few times after that and all his glances made me pretty uncomfortable.

:censored:ing pain in the ass:mad:

B_Rob15

Sexy Member
Media
I've walked into a sauna or steam room where I "suspected" something had been in the works, and been hit on a couple of times, and have been guilty of beating off a few times when alone in there after a heavy work out. Any dude can get pretty horny when sitting naked all alone, fully pumped from a work out.

I generally sit on my towel in steam room or saunas, and have only covered myself a couple of times if some old dude seems a little too interested, but honestly, I kinda like it when other guys come in and we're all letting our dicks swing, talking bull shit/sex/comparing weekends. I've been in there before when we were all telling hot stories and start sporting woody's when someone finally looks around and says, "ok, we either hit the showers or find a blond pussy to finsish us off!"

Never been in a men's locker room/shower room where they require you cover up in sauna, hot tub, or steam room. It's a men's room. Isn't that like telling someone to stay covered while changing? I thot that was why we went in a seperate rooms from the ladies, to get naked w/o having to cover up... wtf?

Oh, and I love it when other total str8 dudes are looking at my package, sizing me up, comparing, and then look away quickly as I look there way... scared shitless they've been caught peeking. Just strikes me as fucking hilarious! Do you all realize, str8 guys have perifial vision too?

This is a GREAT post in so many ways!

Horny_bidude

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've walked into a sauna or steam room where I "suspected" something had been in the works, and been hit on a couple of times, and have been guilty of beating off a few times when alone in there after a heavy work out. Any dude can get pretty horny when sitting naked all alone, fully pumped from a work out.

I generally sit on my towel in steam room or saunas, and have only covered myself a couple of times.

I have to say that I agree! After a hard work out I'm always horny, last time I was alone in the sauna, I jacked, jumped the shower, dressed and left.

What a nice feeling. :)

Last edited:

is there any truth that saunas actually help sweat out the toxins and thus help get rid of body fat ?

I have heard that as well, but I'm not 100% sure. I mostly use them to relax my muscles after an intense workout. I find that I don't ache as much the next day, and my recuperation time seems shorter between workouts. Another benefit that I have noticed is that my skin is clearer, and I have a healthy glow after using a sauna or steam room.

saunas are awesome and relaxing. though when i go in them and in hot tubs i always get full or semi-hard. so maybe that's all that's happening?

saunas are awesome and relaxing. though when i go in them and in hot tubs i always get full or semi-hard. so maybe that's all that's happening?

For me they have the opposite effect. After 10-15 minutes in a hot tub, steam room or sauna, I wouldn't be able to get it up if a playboy bunny offered to sit on my face! I guess I'm so relaxed at that point, that thoughts of sex or any nervous tension (the reason why most straight guys get hard in the locker room) have completely vanished. However, an hour later I'm as horny as a dog. I guess the testosterone surge is kicking in by that time for me.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Re: sweating out toxins
I used to belong to a gym that had a sauna, steam, the works. Many of the town's old, powerful, wealthy men would use the "wet area" as their hang-out. This was also back in the day when smoking was accepted or at least tolerated.
One day the towel boy was showing us the nicotine-stained towels that had been used by the heavy smokers. The towels had this really gross brown/yellow stain on them. I asked one of the smokers and he said "yes" the towel boy was correct and many of the smokers used the steam specifically for the purpose of leaching the bad stuff from smoking.
I do know that when I had allergy flare-ups I could use the steam and immediately experience complete relief. I could not discern anything beneficial from the sauna.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
In the 80's I belonged to a college gym ( I was in my mid 20's) that had INCREDIBLE action going on in the sauna. I used to wear my jockstrap in the sauna, not because of modesty but because I fuckin love jocks. I got a LOT of stare and a LOT of blowjobs in that gym, in various locations. I had a circle jerk more than once there, with hot college and grad dudes. I think saunas ought to REQUIRE jerking off in them! That's what we need more of!

Now I belong to a suburban type gym, but I got sucked for a while there just the other day. I'm all for it.

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
saturday afternoon; work done; heading to the gym and the steam room. need to get shaved; face and beard; legs and if the room is empty, gonna do the cock, balls, taint and ass. hope all the married guys are off doing their "Honey do's" this afternoon so I'll have the place to myself...lol

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Saturday afternoon; work done. Off to the gym and the steam room to get some serious shaving done. Face and beard; if the place is empty then it's gonna be the legs, crotch, balls, taint and ass. legs if I'm in the mood. Hope the str8 married guys are all off doing their "Honey do's" this afternoon.....LOL

KIKEMAN29

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Saturday afternoon; work done. Off to the gym and the steam room to get some serious shaving done. Face and beard; if the place is empty then it's gonna be the legs, crotch, balls, taint and ass. legs if I'm in the mood. Hope the str8 married guys are all off doing their "Honey do's" this afternoon.....LOL

Please let us know how it went. A pic would help too:rolleyes:

D

deleted3782

I've never had the courage to try the saunas or steam room at my gym. Today I took special note of the rules posted on the door...which include: wearing a swim suit in both, no children, and keep talking to a low murmur. There are actually about 15-20 rules...I didnt bother to read them all on the way to the shower...

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've never had the courage to try the saunas or steam room at my gym. Today I took special note of the rules posted on the door...which include: wearing a swim suit in both, no children, and keep talking to a low murmur. There are actually about 15-20 rules...I didnt bother to read them all on the way to the shower...

wish we had the "low murmer" rule-

to me NOTHING worse that going in to 'vegetate' after a good work out when some loud yahoo comes in, making a lot of noise...

I like to bake in peace..

but then again, I usually ignore the must wear clothing so...

we don't have a 'no children rule' but its respected-

have seen a few dads with their sons it- great to see them encouraging them...

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My gym is adults only.

I don't like walking around naked in the changing area, like a lot of the guys do.

But in the sauna, I DO go naked (be like taking a shower in your underpants, otherwise).

And I DO sit and pose in a manner that shows off my cock to it's best.

No good hiding it under a bushel IMO.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
One of the rules at my present gym: "shaving in the sauna is
not allowed"... It's a shame, since the steam really makes
shaving a lot easier.

When I lived and worked in Amsterdam, Holland, shaving in the
sauna was ok at my gym there. I had never thought about it
before, but after watching others doing it, I tried it. I found
that the steam really was helfpul....except that it was a bit
difficult to keep the mirror clean....if you had to use one.

Actually, it was the first time I'd seen men shaving their entire
bodies, and I couldn't get used to it. At the time, I thought a
"hairless" male body to be ugly unless the man was naturally
that way. Although at the time I thought a "real man" was a
"hairy man", I have become used to it now....and it is no longer
a problem for me now......LOL

D

deleted213967

One of the rules at my present gym: "shaving in the sauna is
not allowed"... It's a shame, since the steam really makes
shaving a lot easier.

The rule is understandable for both safety and hygiene reasons: blades can get dislodged from the handle and fall on the floor...as for the hair you shave off...it has to go somewhere too, and I suppose you wouldn't want to sit on another guy's body hair.

The only behavior I find aggravating is shaving in the shower and then throwing the used blade on the shower floor, for another guy to step on. That's vile.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The rule is understandable for both safety and hygiene reasons: blades can get dislodged from the handle and fall on the floor...as for the hair you shave off...it has to go somewhere too, and I suppose you wouldn't want to sit on another guy's body hair.

The only behavior I find aggravating is shaving in the shower and then throwing the used blade on the shower floor, for another guy to step on. That's vile.

I wouldn't even think about shaving in the shower or sauna at a public facility for that very reason.

I also think the 'yoga-like' positions I get into during my shaving sessions are actually extremely funny and not sexy at all. Don't think anyone else would like to see me bent over, hole in the air while I try to navigate a sharp instrument around it! LOL

However, I do love to bake in a steam room, public or otherwise. I'll go just to sit in the damn thing, as long as I get to sweat and relax. That's not to say nothing happens...but that's for another post (hint: i'll be the guy you can barely see in the fog that stays there for hours, turning into a prune).

DirtyBoy777

Experimental Member
Media

Hi, ex. Last year my gym opened a second location which has a sauna and steam room in the men's locker room. Since I'd been wanting both for years, I moved my membership to that location. All was fine and well for the first month or so, then they posted signs similar to the ones you've described. Suddenly, men that had been nude were having to cover up. I never understood why swimsuits were required in a same-sex sauna and steam room, esp. when there was a separate locker room for boys (i.e., under a certain age). I understand putting down a towel for sanitary reasons, but the other is asinine.

I would have better appreciated the "low murmur" directive, as there were times I was in the sauna whilst two or more guys would be in the steam room yelling at one another over the steam--so loudly that it was incredibly disruptive to me in the sauna.

By the way, I moved my membership to a different gym a couple months ago. When I completed the paperwork at the previous gym to end my membership, I had to list why I was leaving. I checked the various boxes that applied, and added under "Other": "Swimsuit requirement in same-sex sauna and steam room is ridiculous." Not sure that that made any difference, but at least I voiced my opinion about the absurdity of the rule.

Hope you're well.