Saunas at the Gym....

D

deleted213967

I also think the 'yoga-like' positions I get into during my shaving sessions are actually extremely funny and not sexy at all. Don't think anyone else would like to see me bent over, hole in the air while I try to navigate a sharp instrument around it! LOL

...reminds me of that circus freak a couple of years ago...he had the unsavory habit of trying to do "down dogs" bare ass in the sauna with his crack and not-so-photogenic junk facing the "audience".

One night I walked in and sat next my buddy who, with a sigh, pointed at him and whispered (loudly) "It's Abu Ghraib all over again".

I had to get out quickly to laugh my ass off.

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wouldn't even think about shaving in the shower or sauna at a public facility for that very reason.

I also think the 'yoga-like' positions I get into during my shaving sessions are actually extremely funny and not sexy at all. Don't think anyone else would like to see me bent over, hole in the air while I try to navigate a sharp instrument around it! LOL

However, I do love to bake in a steam room, public or otherwise. I'll go just to sit in the damn thing, as long as I get to sweat and relax. That's not to say nothing happens...but that's for another post (hint: i'll be the guy you can barely see in the fog that stays there for hours, turning into a prune).

I thought the same thing about shaving in a sauna until I thought about it and came up with the solution. I drape in a towel and after shaving a while I use the towel and swipe the razor, backwards, across the towel. THis gets out the hairs; they dont fall on the floor. I use the Gillette Fuson which seems to really hold the blades in place. I understand the idea of stepping on a blade but I'm anal retentive (!) about making sure I dont make a mess nor would I ever think of leaving my razor there for someone else to step on.

with regard to the yoga position.....I find it easier {when the room is empty} to roll back on my towel onto my back; legs up; one hand pulls a butt cheek apart and the other shaves the area. I estimate that it takes all of 15 seconds to do a complete butt hole shaving. No muss/ no fuss. When there is a full head of steam in the room its impossible to see 2 feet in front of oneself; and I always keep my good ear primed to the steam room door being opened. Can become erect {my body, NOT my cock} in 2 seconds and back up/covered with my towel. No one's the wiser..

By the way, I moved my membership to a different gym a couple months ago. When I completed the paperwork at the previous gym to end my membership, I had to list why I was leaving. I checked the various boxes that applied, and added under "Other": "Swimsuit requirement in same-sex sauna and steam room is ridiculous." Not sure that that made any difference, but at least I voiced my opinion about the absurdity of the rule.

Good for you! Money speaks louder than words. The gym business is so competitive nowadays that I'm sure your comment had an effect. I too have complained to gyms about their ridiculously prudish rules, and I have taken my business elsewhere when all of these silly restrictions pop up. If you don't say anything, they don't know. It's always the uptight ones that complain about any sign of nudity. One gym that I use is super uptight. The only reason I keep my membership there is because of my trainer and because it's right across the road from work. The other gym I use in my town is not as flashy, but far more relaxed - open gang showers, sauna and steam room. I prefer using the second one.

D

deleted213967

I agree yet I've noticed that the strictest rules are the unwritten ones.

As I was using the dryers the other night (the shower room / lockerroom are so damp you can never get dry even with a clean towel), I started wondering why I felt the need to cover up after showering.

In the end, I think what bothers me the most about the uptight set is that I can't help but trying to play by THEIR rules because no matter how wrong they are...

...I am still somehow enslaved to my early-childhood bourgeois education. I've been brainwashed into "respecting other people's customs" no matter how wrong. and regardless of the fact that the lockerroom is not THEIR home.

I unconsciously, uncontrollably feel compelled to cover up because of them which probably explains why I get so worked up about those schmocks.

sprinter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
On two occassions I was in the sauna and had another guy start jerking off. I think they wanted to see what my reaction would be.

I agree yet I've noticed that the strictest rules are the unwritten ones.

As I was using the dryers the other night (the shower room / lockerroom are so damp you can never get dry even with a clean towel), I started wondering why I felt the need to cover up after showering.

In the end, I think what bothers me the most about the uptight set is that I can't help but trying to play by THEIR rules because no matter how wrong they are...

...I am still somehow enslaved to my early-childhood bourgeois education. I've been brainwashed into "respecting other people's customs" no matter how wrong. and regardless of the fact that the lockerroom is not THEIR home.

I unconsciously, uncontrollably feel compelled to cover up because of them which probably explains why I get so worked up about those schmocks.

You are correct that there is an expectation that everyone should conform in the locker room. I swear that my uptight gym near my work is going to start issuing mandatory burkas at the door to the men's locker room! I would so love to quit that place, but as I've mentioned before, I have a trainer there that is the best I have ever had. The results I have gotten from using this guy are nothing short of incredible. Therefore I will continue to endure my gym's ridiculously Victorian rules.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
I shave in the shower at my Y, as do several other guys. Sauna.....some of us turn the light off and have a nice dark quiet place to just relax. Today I went in the sauna and the light was on...no big deal. The other guy in there, upon leaving, asked if I wanted the light off.....he said when he got in there someone had flipped both switches off...so the guy was sitting in the dark wile the sauna got cooler.....we both got a good laugh.

sprinter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The first time it happened I closed my eyes and pretended not to notice until the guy started to moan and then I got up and left. The second time I just sat there and enjoyed the sauna until the man who was pulling on his dick started to fondle the guy sitting next to him and asked if I could be a lookout so he could get blown. That's when I got up and left since it made me a little uncomfortable.

jackoffdude

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The locker room at my gym has a sauna that's kind of out of the way, and it actually used to be pretty popular for circle jerks around 5:30 after everyone got out of work. I stumbled into a couple of them there, with around 8 - 10 guys all stroking and watching and sometimes lending a hand... pretty cool times. I don't think it goes on much any more, which is a shame.

Goose_Eggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I've been hit on when younger by older guys in steams/saunas, but must admit if I indicated I wasn't interested they never pressed me (maybe I have a real mean look). I've always had more of a "shower" and enjoyed showing it off so it never bothered me. Now that I'm a little older I find I still enjoy showing it and looking ....... saunas and lockerrooms are certainly ideal for that. I don't typically use the lockerroom as a pickup place, taking a steam naked and minding my own business is hardly an offense?

I really love using steam and sauna when I'm in Vegas. Something about gambling and drinking late into the evening, sleeping late, lunch by the pool and some sun, then steam and sauna in the late afternoon to purge the toxins from night before ....... that's the good life, lol.

Thankfully all of the resorts I've been to in Vegas have steam/sauna in mens lockerroom so nudity isn't a problem. Sure you get the occassional 'modest' ones who wear bathing suit or stay wrapped in towel, but usually it is balls-out with dicks swinging around. Even in the fancier places with attendants bringing water and fresh towels in I've seem lots of guys with semis or even full-blown hardons that they will barely conceal as well as occassionally some interaction between guys. I'm sure the attendants have been told to not say anything unless someone comes out to complain. One of my faves was the old Dessert Inn (giving away my age) and I still like the 'old style' layout of the Flamingo with guys watching tv naked in the lounge.

Going back in a couple of weeks -- can't wait.

B_Rob15

Sexy Member
Media
I've been hit on when younger by older guys in steams/saunas, but must admit if I indicated I wasn't interested they never pressed me (maybe I have a real mean look). I've always had more of a "shower" and enjoyed showing it off so it never bothered me. Now that I'm a little older I find I still enjoy showing it and looking ....... saunas and lockerrooms are certainly ideal for that. I don't typically use the lockerroom as a pickup place, taking a steam naked and minding my own business is hardly an offense?

I really love using steam and sauna when I'm in Vegas. Something about gambling and drinking late into the evening, sleeping late, lunch by the pool and some sun, then steam and sauna in the late afternoon to purge the toxins from night before ....... that's the good life, lol.

Thankfully all of the resorts I've been to in Vegas have steam/sauna in mens lockerroom so nudity isn't a problem. Sure you get the occassional 'modest' ones who wear bathing suit or stay wrapped in towel, but usually it is balls-out with dicks swinging around. Even in the fancier places with attendants bringing water and fresh towels in I've seem lots of guys with semis or even full-blown hardons that they will barely conceal as well as occassionally some interaction between guys. I'm sure the attendants have been told to not say anything unless someone comes out to complain. One of my faves was the old Dessert Inn (giving away my age) and I still like the 'old style' layout of the Flamingo with guys watching tv naked in the lounge.

Going back in a couple of weeks -- can't wait.

It is interesting to hear about this history, I would love to hear more about your experiences then and now. What places in Vegas are most comfortable for men to be nude in now, for example, and what is it like?

andme24

Experimental Member
Media
In the home of the sauna - Finland people are always naked in them. It is completely normal and non sexual! Alas as there is many a hot male Finn!

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stuff just seems to happen when I am in the sauna or steam room. The funny thing is it is the young 20 something guys that always seem to come on to me for some reason. I have some very hot stories that have happened, but I am afraid there would be those that would think I was making this stuff up. So lets just leave it at "yeah stuff happens."

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stuff just seems to happen when I am in the sauna or steam room. The funny thing is it is the young 20 something guys that always seem to come on to me for some reason. I have some very hot stories that have happened, but I am afraid there would be those that would think I was making this stuff up. So lets just leave it at "yeah stuff happens."
getting older and still in shape and having the youngun's hitting on me is just a perk of being old...lol

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Only ever seen it happen once, at a hotel sauna a young couple who were about to I think and were very embarrassed. She was an attractive young woman and he was very hard (a good looking cock).