Saying Goodbye .....Cakemaker........ You'll always be in my heart

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Budd_Hert, Mar 16, 2011.

1. D_Budd_Hert

D_Budd_Hert New Member

So I met Cakemaker in chat about 4 years ago.......She was kinda shy but was fun to chat with .

She always had something nice or positive to say about ppl from back in the day ....We being clicky Myself Patchos Spoiled Princess Oh Yeah TallGuyIE XCcccccc and several others ... She would always score our harrassment on stars, she loved stars ? IDK ?

Getting to know her , I would cyber her occasionally and our friendship grew..we eventually became closer chat friends and would talk on the phone for hours or sexting and texting. She was always curious about what made INCUBUS tick ? My fets and my real life as a person , a friend a single father a voice she could dream about .

We were suppose to meet last year for summer vacation but had been put on hold due to finances on both parts. We planned on meeting this year but had to break it to me that she was unable to travel. She finally came out and told me she had cancer and was slipping quickly.

Our friendship was always strong but nit strong enuff for what she wanted ( Guilt now ) She had proposed to me several times but not wanting to get married again and move to her local ( Myself being selfish ) . She was always good to me and my kids, sending us baked goods or if she had traveled somewhere ? She would send my girls gifts or holiday cards or B-day cards.

Cakemaker still being a mysterious woman ? sending me pics of her ...an eye here a mouth there but never a full facial shot or body shot. Hell ! How could I marry someone who wouldnt tell me her age ? lol.... well as time got closer , I did get better pics of her and she finally told me her age. Thats when I knew it was close ... Well FUCK !!!! I just bought a house and busy closing packing then moving and unpacking ( more guilt ) I couldnt make time to travel to see her ....Her dieing wish was to meet me and my kids , still hoping there was a chance of marriage and not dieing alone......

Well I hadn't heard from her in over a week or more ...texting her calling her ? I figured she had gotten worse and was Hospitalized .

Well I was wrong ....I finally got the phone call I was dreading ....her friend had problems getting into her phone but had called me this morning...Cakemaker had passed on March 6th, 2011.......

For those that had a chance to chat or talk to Cakemaker ....She was a gr8 lady to know and befriend...or those who she baked goods for ........She loved U all !!!!

OK !!! dragging on here !!!! Thanks for listening to my farewell........

I will always have a piece of U in my heart cakemaker ( no pun intended )

Love You Lots and will Miss You Lots Cakes !!!! MUAH

Love Yuh !!!!! RIchard

#1 D_Budd_Hert, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
  2. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:

I'm sorry, Richard. I know you'll miss her, and that was the information that you were truly dreading. I like to believe that she's in a better place where nothing can hurt her. She won't suffer anymore. And I don't want you to feel guilty. You had to handle things in life that had to be taken care of. She understands, I'm sure. =)

3. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face, Inky!

Sending you huge hugs.

~DF20.

4. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That is very sad. Sorry isn't really enough, but that's all I can say. I'm sure she understood, don't feel guilty. :)

5. D_Budd_Hert

D_Budd_Hert New Member

Thanks for all the support ......Much needed !

6. chicagosam

Gold Member

What a great remembrance in honor of your friend. She was fortunate to have you in her life, as you were to have her in yours. Wishing you peace with her passing.

7. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

It sounds to me like you were one of the people making the greatest positive difference in her life as the end approached.
    You have to grieve, incubus ... but you have done some fine things here, and in time you'll cherish that fact.

8. KweenOfConverse

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You know you can call or text me any time. I love you and hope that in time you will feel differently about this. You were not selfish... If it was meant to happen it would have. Remember "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why they call it the present."

9. MrToolhung

Gold Member

So sorry for you loss Richard! Very touching story of how you two became such good friends. I am sure you comforted her in more ways then you will ever know.

10. luka82

Gold Member

She was a kind woman.
    RIP Cakes!

11. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I'm sorry for your loss, R - and I'm sorry I never got to meet cakemaker on here, she sounds like a great person. I wish her peace.

12. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Aww. :(

13. noirman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Knowing neither the OP nor the deceased, I hesitated to add anything, but this thread is just too sad or poignant not to. OP, your bringing happiness to her was a beautiful thing; you must be a terrific person as it seems your deceased friend was, too. That you two met under these circumstances here couldn't have been scripted any better. My heart goes out to you.

14. lucidbass

lucidbass New Member

Oh God. o.o I dodn't know either of you either, but this is too sad. My condolones. o.o

15. RalDudeHangin

RalDudeHangin Member

Amazing how unexpected connections can mean so much to us. Remember her always and keep your chin up.

16. D_Dick_Dock_Doe

D_Dick_Dock_Doe Account Disabled

Oh man! INC, I am so sorry. I knew Cakemaker, as well. Not as well as you, of course, but I do remember she was always very friendly to me. I'm sorry, my friend.

17. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    "No, you can't always get what you want
    You can't always get what you want
    You can't always get what you want
    And if you try sometime you find
    You get what you need"

The Rolling Stones

It seems that you two filled a great need in each other's lives. What a blessing that is and it lives on with you still.
    Your post is a wonderful and loving tribute and even touches people, like me, who have not had contact with either of you.
    Mourning and grief take time and I hope you know that you can go at your own pace.
    My sympathies to you, your children, and Cakemaker's family.
    Peace Be With You.

18. ronin001

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sorry to hear about our fellow member and your close friend INC.

19. D_Budd_Hert

D_Budd_Hert New Member

So good to know I have such good friends and support from all of you ! MUAH !!!! thanks so much !!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted