Scam Alert

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just wanted to let everyone know that I was almost scammed but I am also smart enough not to fall for it. Just be where of any emails that say paypal in them if you see an email address paypal@transferdepts.com it is not real and heres the other thing they put the real paypal email in there too so you think it really comes from paypal but beware of this scam and read all emails that might be from paypal very carefully just thought I would alert you guys.

davey2k4eva

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've also had a similar thing the other day, i got not one but TWO emails on the same account claiming to be PayPal and that my account had been randomly flagged and wanting me to verify that my details where correct.
Where they messed up is that i dont even have an account registered to that address !
The email address they used was PayPal@Email.PayPal.co.ukbut also if you just place your cursor over the links in email they give a different address in the bottom left of explorer. This came up on mine: http://staffingone.ca/images/icon/.uk/update/
Check the spellings and grammar too, is laughable.

Hope this helps

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got another, it was a phishing scam for ebay, claimed ebay was moving to a new server and that I had to update my payment information.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've had them too... also getting them from banks and building societies.... all asking me to verify my details... delete them all now, regardless....

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I get those too.

A few weeks ago I received the scam out of Ghana where someone's relative died here in the states and they need you to take care of it for them, etc. So I led them on for a month and let them think I was going to help them. Then the idiot was stupid enough to give me his phone number. So i traced it's origin and where it is located. Ghana. I finally told them that I knew it was a scam right from the start, and that if he or any of his people ever contacted me again, I could trace him to within 30 feet of his phone and would show up in person to "fix" the problem. Never heard another word.

Just yesterday I got the same scam only out of Nigeria. This time it was a woman claiming pretty much the same situation as the first, only they think I'm in Canada. I sent her an email stating that now that she has opened my email, a virus bomb was released into her computer, and that if she did not send me a $5000 USD Visa giftcard for the access code to kill it in 30 days, her computer would be destroyed.

Haven't heard anything yet.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a PayPal client who got one of these and instantly figured it for a phish, please make sure you are contacting PayPal and forwarding them these e-mails.

If you have a Washington Mutual Bank account, the same thing is happening to them.

Beware and Be Aware.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I got the one the other day that asked for 'help' getting funds transferred wherein I deposit their check to my account and I'm to promptly send a portion of it somewhere for them, supposedly 'legally' avoiding taxation. The scam would have me depositing worthless checks and sending them my good money only to find that my account will not only be empty but overdrafted by a huge amount.

Some of them go so far as to actually use your account to transfer their funds so that you find that you're caught up in an illegal money money laundering scheme only when the Feds show up at your door with the gift of a lovely set of bracelets and a warrant for your arrest.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Theres also a myspace scam email asking you for your password and other sensitive information do not respond contact myspace immediately, I got one of these emails the other day and I knew it was a spoof because I just got the email address about a week ago and my myspace email is different

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
lol paypal scheme... I'll have to warn my father.. he is sorta absent minded when it comes to computers.

It's a good one too TK. Most people haven't caught it until they are entering their info and get to the last line that says either enter your Social Security number or your ATM Pin Number. It's primarily going to people with PayPal Visa cards.

My Aunt did that one.