Scared of my illness

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi Wally, hope you see that you've got a lot of support here! Keep us posted and take good care of yourself. I am wishing you the best.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi Wally, hope you see that you've got a lot of support here! Keep us posted and take good care of yourself. I am wishing you the best.

yes matthew i am thank you i keep an eye on the threads that i start, in case there might be a few inspiring words, i appreciate everyones help as i said earlier i am off to the library then maybe to bed. bye all for now

smoothrnb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

i have been to support groups and get even more depressed i do have a support system of friends who are also HIV pos from around the world and that seems to help

I am sorry that local support groups do not help you, but I am glad to hear that you have a network of friends in place. Let these individuals help with the myriad of issues surrounding HIV and its treatment. It will help.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am sorry that local support groups do not help you, but I am glad to hear that you have a network of friends in place. Let these individuals help with the myriad of issues surrounding HIV and its treatment. It will help.

i t does help and it works and makes me feel better

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
oh lovey..... :hug: I have had many friends with HIV, some still alive. I have to be honest though, when my friend Mike started losing coherent thought and communication, I'd have called Kevorkian myself. He only lasted a few months beyond that, but he was like one with alzeimer's- and outbursts of temper were frequent oh *sigh*
have you checked into the research they are doing here at Univ of WA? They do amazing stuff there.
all the best to you sweetie.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
oh lovey..... :hug: I have had many friends with HIV, some still alive. I have to be honest though, when my friend Mike started losing coherent thought and communication, I'd have called Kevorkian myself. He only lasted a few months beyond that, but he was like one with alzeimer's- and outbursts of temper were frequent oh *sigh*
have you checked into the research they are doing here at Univ of WA? They do amazing stuff there.
all the best to you sweetie.

thanks sassy, i appreciate it and am probably going to a reserch study at the U of AZ if i get accepted

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry to hear this. I hope you get well soon. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes.

a big thanks and big hugs to everyone, I am feeling a lot better this evening, feeling more like myself, Thanks again, Wally L:33::yup::flirt::09::popcorn::kiss::flowers1::jester:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for being so brave to talk openly about HIV, there's too little of that going on. I've had a few friends live fairly long and prosperous lives with the medications they have out now. I read a good bit about some of them in the clinic the last time I got tested, and as much as it sucks to wait for results of those tests, learning about the current treatments made me feel somewhat better.

You'll do what you need to do to survive, that's what we all do. You can't cure your disease, but you can increase your chances by doing what the doctors say. However, I know this is contingent on being able to deal with things at all. What I wanted to suggest more than anything is that if you feel you are depressed, please think strongly about trying a mood altering drug, at least for a brief time. An anti-depressant might help you focus on the realities that are imperative that you face right now, nothing wrong with getting a little help when you need it.

Support groups are just as individual as the people in them, and obviously some are far better than others. Some are just better for YOU. I'm very glad to hear you have online friends for support, you have us here as well.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for being so brave to talk openly about HIV, there's too little of that going on. I've had a few friends live fairly long and prosperous lives with the medications they have out now. I read a good bit about some of them in the clinic the last time I got tested, and as much as it sucks to wait for results of those tests, learning about the current treatments made me feel somewhat better.

You'll do what you need to do to survive, that's what we all do. You can't cure your disease, but you can increase your chances by doing what the doctors say. However, I know this is contingent on being able to deal with things at all. What I wanted to suggest more than anything is that if you feel you are depressed, please think strongly about trying a mood altering drug, at least for a brief time. An anti-depressant might help you focus on the realities that are imperative that you face right now, nothing wrong with getting a little help when you need it.

Support groups are just as individual as the people in them, and obviously some are far better than others. Some are just better for YOU. I'm very glad to hear you have online friends for support, you have us here as well.

Thanks I appreciate everyones help, madame_zora thank you for being so concerned and taking the time to respond that goes for everone else too I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and that's where a lot of the depression comes from it is more of a physical depression than a mental depression, I am currently on a waiting list for free psychotherapy whioch i think will also help aleviate a lot of the depression, My doctor says it is normal to be depressed especially since i never took the time to deal with my HIV status until just recently so it's kinda like i am newly diagnosed. well it is time for bed good night all and thanks again. WALLY L.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
time to deal with my HIV status until just recently so it's kinda like i am newly diagnosed. well it is time for bed good night all and thanks again. WALLY L.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Today I am feeling great i feel much better and just want to get out and do every beautiful guy and girl there is, I am not depressed tody cause i was able to download some of my favorite music, all is well in my life for today only, tommorrow is another story

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been the sole caregiver for a person with a degenerative disease for 21 years, and I know what a nightmare dealing with trying to get prescriptions covered can be. Dealing with redtape while battling illness is the pits. For what little it's worth, you have my best wishes and empathy. Your posts have made me feel as if I know you somewhat, and I wish I could do something to help.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been the sole caregiver for a person with a degenerative disease for 21 years, and I know what a nightmare dealing with trying to get prescriptions covered can be. Dealing with redtape while battling illness is the pits. For what little it's worth, you have my best wishes and empathy. Your posts have made me feel as if I know you somewhat, and I wish I could do something to help.

just pray and keep me in your thoughts

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
just pray and keep me in your thoughts

just when i thought things couldn't get worse the state denied my application to pay for the medication on Tuesday afternoon, my doctor is thinking of alternative medicine but there are so many that won't be paid for, i don't know what to do anymore these meds cost anywhere from150 to 500 us dollars, something will happen and things will get better.WALLY L

jimcord

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wally,

So sorry to hear about your current challenges. You say you are depressed, instead I hear a guy who is just frustrated BUT still trying! Keep it up! As for the pharm. assistance programs, the rate of assistance approval is extremely high for the medications you are probably taking. I work in the pharm. industry and contrary to what people believe, they really do help people in financial need. You are going down a right path to get the meds you need. Get you physicians help in dealing with the needed paperwork if neccesary, it is much easier and shorter to complete now days. I wish you all the best, you will get this under control.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well today i am feeling better, I have been taking some herbal supplements which seem to be helping me, i am feeling really happy today after reading my gallery comments, I have some work tommorrow (i do yardwork and housecleaning now) so everything is good today no more nausea. Thank You again everyone for all your support. WALLY L