Scariest movie

vindicari

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the scariest movie ever made is poloticians tryin to justify war. horror films are just that, FILMS. the imagination is wonderful but just that. war is the real horror. how many of us have woken up from a bad dream and been happy in the realisation that it was just a dream. how many people in america and ireland and iraq and england and the world wake up every day and know they aint dreamin, someone they love is dead. that is real horror.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Interesting that the Exorcist is mentioned numerous times here because that was the first thing I thought of when I first read the title of the thread. I've never liked chop chop type blood and guts movies. For me movies are scarier when they are more rooted in certain practicalities and possibilities (once the premise is accepted).

I saw the Exorcist when it first came out too. Waited in a line two blocks long. The movie had us all going. But the moment they lost me (as far as being scared by it) was when Reagan's head turned all the way around. That's when it crossed from "plausible occult-like occurrences" to pure b.s. for me.

But another movie in a similar vein that gives me the creeps is The Omen. (The original one of course. The remake was a waste of film).

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
See, "The Exorcist" was visually terrifiying for me. Reagan's grotesque face and gutteral voice still gives me the chills to this day.

Another good occult themed movie is "The Sentinal". It's not that well known, but it had a few creepy scenes.

Extremecummer

Sexy Member
Cammer
Media
Vincennes, Indiana, United States of America (the)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The problem is that the special effects guys in Hollywood have driven the art so far it's nearly impossible to top the last movie. It's a shame, too, because the simple things used to terrorize us the most. That is why I love the old time radio shows, such as "Lights Out," the Arch Obler stuff and "Suspense." The special effects in your mind were worse than anything I have ever seen on the screen. When is someone going to make a special effect movie about a 21-year-old nerd with 14 inches limp? :O) Dennis That would be scary.