Scars after circumcision !?

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hi guys ... can anybody plz tell me how to avoid getting scars after circumcision? i read something about neosporin, but i guess it's just an antibiotic ointment ...

D_Albert_Bulgehopper

Account Disabled
Media
All circumcisions cause scarring, but as long as you use antibiotics and don't irritate the area (sex, masturbation, soap, lube, etc.) it will minimize it. This is precisely why parents usually arrange their son to be circumcised during their newborn age (traditionally 8 days after birth)- he can't bother the area, and he can't remember the pain.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You need to avoid getting erections that might pull the stitches and open the incision. Other than that; once the stitches have dissolved (or been removed if they are non-absorbable) make sure you keep the area moisturised. But if you are circumcised in adulthood (like I was) you are unlikely to have as neat a scar as you would have had if done in infancy. It will look a bit scary to begin with, But don't worry, it will become smoother in time.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
All circumcisions cause scarring, but as long as you use antibiotics and don't irritate the area (sex, masturbation, soap, lube, etc.) it will minimize it. This is precisely why parents usually arrange their son to be circumcised during their newborn age (traditionally 8 days after birth)- he can't bother the area, and he can't remember the pain.

Right.
That's why, when you talk to a circumcised guy about circumcision, his hands unconsciously cover his crotch. I've seen it too many times to think there's no connection.

I've also heard many times that vitamin E, applied to the penis, helps lessen the scarring.

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
guys, that's why i asked you for any products sold in the us ....
what about the neosporin or other products?

S

SirConcis

For vitamin E, you shoudl find it at any pharmacy. Look for Vitamin E OIL (pure). Not capsules. It comes in a small bottle.

There is also a produce called mederma. Commercial, more expensive.

Don't keep the stitches longer than necessary, The earlier they are gone, the faster the area heals.

ImChuck

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was circumcised as an adult for medical reasons. The doc suggested that I apply vasoline when changing the dressing until the stitches came out (about ten days) then start applying mederma to lesson scarring. You can check my gallery to see the results.

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i bought neosporin at cvs ... it's an ointment which obviously has an effect!
however, what about the various scars products ... at cvs i found so many different products ... scarsof ... scars cream ... scars gel ... the e.g. was mentioned above. this is also one of those scar gels/creams ... what do you guys think about those products?

and one question regarding the vitamin E oils ... they also write something like 28,000 IU or 14,000 IU ... what does that mean? the higher, the better?

Last edited:

TheIrishStallion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You need to avoid getting erections that might pull the stitches and open the incision. Other than that; once the stitches have dissolved (or been removed if they are non-absorbable) make sure you keep the area moisturised. But if you are circumcised in adulthood (like I was) you are unlikely to have as neat a scar as you would have had if done in infancy. It will look a bit scary to begin with, But don't worry, it will become smoother in time.

On the contrary, mind was done 3 months ago.

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i did already ... so don't tell that i shouldn't do it :biggrin1:

better to give me information regarding my questions ... :wink:

S

SirConcis

ThaiDude, doN't put vitamin E oil until your scar has closed and is "solid". After that, you can apply vitamin E *oil* once or twice a day to the scar area. This is the pure oil you get in a small jar.

You shouldn'r worry too much about the scar. Within a year, chances are good that you won't see a scar anymore. But you will see the colour difference between the two skins that are joined at the circumcision.

Welcome to the club.

Oh, and as soon as your scar is healed in an area, you can remove the stutures. The quicker they are out, the more comfortable you will be and the faster the rest will heal.