Scars: Gross, Disturbing, Fascinating, Hot..?

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So, how do people feel about scars on themselves or others?

In my case, mine seem like a history of parts of my life. I have one on my shoulder from surgery and a few years ago it lead to having a number of shoulder surgery gym buds.

Scars on other resulting from acts of violence really disturb me.

The degree of disfigurement matters. A jagged, poorly sutured scar is ugly to me. A nice clean one can be kind of cool.

How the scar fits anatomically is also a factor. For example, the orthopedist did my shoulder incision so that the scar is between two deltoids. He used a plastic surgery type of stitching so it didnt have any pulling. Very nice.

This is coming up, in part, because I will be having an abdominal surgery in less than two weeks and, while they will probabaly attempt laparascopic "keyhole" surgery there's a reasonable chance that I will wind up with a 6-10 inch scar down the midline.

Dave

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Scars can be good and scars can be bad. It all depends.

My stomach scars are interesting and remind me of my close calls, as do the ones on my legs and the one on my back-although I need a mirror to view it.

It varies according to the person and the rest of their body as well as how neatly the cuts were made and what type of closure was used-thread suture, disolving suture, staples.

My right leg has 3 very vague scars left from a top of the line surgeon who knew what he was doing and he put one by the hip, which ran along side of a previous incision on the hip so they blend nicely together. My stomach scars are strange in that I ended up with 4 of them by the time they finished-there were some complications and re-entry (twice) involved new cuts rather than tearing open the already open wound. The result is what I refer to as the train tracks since they run somewhat parallell to each other. The other scar there is from the feeding tube-which I tore out (never tear a feeding tube out). And the round scars on the side from where other tubes got shoved in. Then there are the ones that can't be seen as long as I have hair on my head-although there is a small triangular patch which can't sprout any hair. The ankle scar and the knee scar-very nicely done-straight line, no stitch marks-they did a glue closure method (only glue closure I ever got).

In truth I love all scars since they tell a story about a person and their life.

And good luck with the surgery.

voyeuristic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Dave, I think it really depends on the scar's placement and severity. The only kind of scars that I find really unappealing are acne pockmarks. A raised line like the one you describe from your stomach surgery doesn't bother me at all, though. It's kind of interesting to consider that many cultures have traditionally pursued scarification for adornment purposes - true, these scars were usually less arbitrary, but it just goes to show that not everyone considers them ugly. Good luck with your surgery and I hope you heal quickly!

Nala

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There are so many scars on my body I lost count years ago. Some are small, some are big, some faded away and are hardly visible.

I have a big scar on my knee from surgery when I was 16 years old. The guy I was dating before the accident happened ended the relationship because he didn't want a mutilated girlfriend (his words, not my explanation). His loss, not mine, but it hurt.

The scars don't bother me, they're part of me, like the invisible scars I wear inside.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
scars serve as a reminder that the past is real.i myself have more than frankenstein.
Now I'm curious I want to see the scars. Please post pictures Rod. :smile:

I am far more tolerant and intrigued by scars on other people than on myself.

I think the placement and size of the sacr determines how people view it. A 2" facial scar might invoke concern or pity in the viewer because of the pain associated with the initial injury. A 2" scar on an arm or knee maybe seen as cool or a battle scar. Something of which the owner may be proud to wear.

Unlike Voyueristic acne scars aren't repugnant to me. Perhaps because I have struggled with acne most of my adult life. Acne scars aren't a turn-on I just understand why they're there.

As for Dave NoCal, I would try not to worry about the scar, you're still a hot guy. :wink: The important thing to remember is you are alive because of that scar.

ohhhey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have a pretty big scar that's mostly in my pubic area, but nobody looking at a photo or video has ever commented on it. It's fairly obvious because the hair doesn't grow there, but I guess it doesn't bother people.

malinariboy8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You know, there was a time when I was somewhat self conscious about my scars. My 1st major one on my ankle, about 9 inches long. Had to have a steel plate put in after shattering it. I was terrified at the time, but thanked God after for technology being what it is, that I have an ankle to walk on. That happened in approx. 1992. In 2006, I had to have surgery on my Spleen. After having a series of Catscans & MRI's, I was diagnosed w/ a severe infection. They opened me up what was only suppose to be approx. 4"... Turned out , my Spleen was completely dead. So after opening me up another 4-5 inches & completely removing my spleen, that one was a doozy, lost lots of blood, blah, blah, blah. Having AIDS for the last 4 years, this got me nervous, being as which the Spleen acts as a filter for the blood...hmmm....but my Docs. assured me I would get along fine without it. This last January started out with a routine Hernia surgery; which was my 3rd. Then everything went totally berzerk in my body. Without going into the grizzly details, 1/2 of which I can't remember anyway, I ended up early this year spending a week all together in ICU and 2 months in the Hospital. I had Deep Vain Thrombosis...(Blood Clot) had to have that as well as 7ft. of my small intestine removed. I am about 4" from having to have relied permanently on a colostomy bag, I was 43 @ the time. I was in a coma for nearly 5 days, machines breathing for me, being fed thru a tube, so-on & so-on! I have a scar going from the top of my pelvic bone to the underneath of my rib cage. It must be nearly 16"s long. I AM fortunate that I have a bold treasure line going right down the middle, so you have to look close to see it.
Listen...we're all human, when we have to go thru experiences like this and scars are left, we can be self concious of them or wear them as a medal of honor for surviving something that many people have never had to experience, (Thank God) I have had so many surgeries and been sick with many oppurtunistic infections from having AIDS. I should have been dead, according to statistics several times over. But I am a warrior and know that I am beautiful and have important contributions to make. WE ALL DO!!! so go have your surgery and God speed and when you come out on the other end and have another new scar...YIPPEEEE....You have another medal of honor, another experience thats made you stronger for it, go forward and live, love & always laugh!!!!

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have had two kidney transplants so I have 10" scars on both sides of my lower abdomen that run from just above my cock to just above my hipbones. They are mostly hidden when I am wearing underwear or swin trunks. After the first one I was self consious about it and used to explain it to everyone that I was naked around because I figured they were probably wondering what the hell had happened to me. The funny thing was none of them (including some sex partners) even noticed the scar until I pointed it out. LOL

Usually there is an interesting story behind most scars. I had one friend in college who had this big scar on his chest. Finally one day when we were at the pool I asked him what caused it and he said "I was born with a hole in my heart and thats is where the docs fixed it." I had another buddy who had a weird round scar, I asked him about it and he said "hit by ground fire while flying over Kosovo when I was in the Air force."

Last edited:

Smallbutbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Scars are like wrinkles......the sum of your life. be proud of them especially if you survived a major scare or experience.

I have a "scar" of being deaf and wearing hearing aids. You be amazed how gay guys are prejudiced......I have a better rapport with straight guys/gals....sad...but rather that than have some stupid idiot who has an adonis personality disorder!

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Got three in total, including a very embarassing one just below my right arse cheek, when I was 3, I pulled a table cloth, full of Pyrex (Clear glass) cookware, smashed on the floor, and like a retard, I sat in the middle, laughing my arse off, with a steady stream of blood dripping. Thankfuly the neighbour was a qualified nurse, and stiched me up.

The two on my arm, resulted from a road traffic accident some 3 years back, resulting in an open arm fracture (2.5 inch of bone poking out on one side). Had to be plated both sides, and whilst the non-open side has a nice neat but long 10 inch scar, the other side looks like a burn with slight tissue wastage.

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Scars use to be a sign of wealth or power. The so called "fencing scar" met that you grew up in a wealthy family.

From Wiki
The scar resulting from a hit [in Academic fencing] is called a Schmiss (German for a "smite") which was seen as a badge of honour especially in the second half of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century. Today it is not easy for an outsider to identify Mensur scars in the face of a conversation partner due to better medical treatment.​

K

kundalinikat

I've got some lovely deep scars. I was born three months prematurely and contracted an infection of the colon. I had most of my large intestine removed along with my appendix and some small intestine, and an ileostomy bag. I had heart surgery (born with a hole between the halves of my heart) and also ear surgery (born with two inner ears on each side).

Unfortunately the abdominal surgery was done almost (but not quite) horizontally through and un-parallel to every one of the muscle bellies in my upper abdomen.

These scars and internal scar tissue (and lack of continuing treatment of them) were responsible for daily, abiding discomfort until I went to massage school at age 21 and my entire body changed.

There's some photos of my scars in my gallery. I was reluctant to post them but that one photo in particular felt really nice.

I'm blessed to have found someone who really knows how to touch me, and has a talent for it, he finds locations and tensions in the flesh in a way similar to my style. He rubs my tummy :>

P.s. If anyone is having trouble with scar tissue I recommend they find the nearest Hellerworker, someone who does Hellerwork, it's a style of massage that I could go on and on about in PM if desired.