scent of a woman

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lavender?? Increase blood flow to the penis? :confused:

I'm a skeptical person so I googled this to see what would come up... and guess what? Lavender alone doesn't do much.

-- Lavender combined with the smell of pumpkin pie increases blood flow to the penis by 40%

-- Floral-only perfumes, on the other hand, only increase blood flow to the penis by 3%.

(see below)

Looks like our moms and grandma's were right -- the way to a man's hardon... I mean heart... is through his stomach.

- - - - -

quote:

For Sexual Performance
In the final stage of orgasm, even the scent of some aphrodisiacs may be enough to add to sexual arousal and improve performance.

"Depending on where you are in your relationship you may want to use different food odors and tastes, since 90% of taste is smell, to get the different responses you're looking for," says Alan R. Hirsch, MD, neurological director of the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago.

In a study that looked at what scents stimulated sexual arousal, Hirsch found every food aroma they tested triggered a sexual response in men, and some foods had more dramatic effects than others.

"For example, cheese pizza increased penile blood flow by 5%, buttered popcorn by 9%, and lavender and pumpkin pie by 40%," Hirsch tells WebMD. "So you may want to start with something like cheese pizza to begin with."

In comparison, floral perfume only prompted a 3% increase in blood flow to the penis among men. Among women, the smell of men's cologne actually lowered blood flow to the vagina.

The study also found that the scent of lavender and pumpkin pie was a powerful sexual stimulant for women, but the combination of licorice-flavored candy and cucumber was the most potent sexual scent in increasing blood flow to the vaginal area.

However, the study found that unlike with men, some food smells actually inhibited sexual desire in women, such as cherries and the odor of barbeque or roasting meat.

Unquote

source

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I'm a skeptical person so I googled this to see what would come up... and guess what? Lavender alone doesn't do much.

-- Lavender combined with the smell of pumpkin pie increases blood flow to the penis by 40%

-- Floral-only perfumes, on the other hand, only increase blood flow to the penis by 3%.

(see below)

Looks like our moms and grandma's were right -- the way to a man's hardon... I mean heart... is through his stomach.

- - - - -

quote:

For Sexual Performance
In the final stage of orgasm, even the scent of some aphrodisiacs may be enough to add to sexual arousal and improve performance.

"Depending on where you are in your relationship you may want to use different food odors and tastes, since 90% of taste is smell, to get the different responses you're looking for," says Alan R. Hirsch, MD, neurological director of the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago.

In a study that looked at what scents stimulated sexual arousal, Hirsch found every food aroma they tested triggered a sexual response in men, and some foods had more dramatic effects than others.

"For example, cheese pizza increased penile blood flow by 5%, buttered popcorn by 9%, and lavender and pumpkin pie by 40%," Hirsch tells WebMD. "So you may want to start with something like cheese pizza to begin with."

In comparison, floral perfume only prompted a 3% increase in blood flow to the penis among men. Among women, the smell of men's cologne actually lowered blood flow to the vagina.

The study also found that the scent of lavender and pumpkin pie was a powerful sexual stimulant for women, but the combination of licorice-flavored candy and cucumber was the most potent sexual scent in increasing blood flow to the vaginal area.

However, the study found that unlike with men, some food smells actually inhibited sexual desire in women, such as cherries and the odor of barbeque or roasting meat.

Unquote

source

The only "roasting meat" I want to smell in the bedroom is my man's!:tongue:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is this true?

I do like the smell of Lavender (and vanilla), though anything floral/musky/earthy appeals to me.

I'd heard this was in the New England Journal of Medicine, no less! The scents of lavender and pumpkin pie were the top scents for that. (I also have pumpkin pie scented/flavored lube - but haven't been able to share that with a guy!)

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

source

So I should use the pumpkin pie scented lube while wearing lavender body spray? :tongue: :wink:

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yeah, and don't forget to braid licorice sticks in your hair for your own arousal response!!

I think men would prefer Slim Jims Beef Sticks.....and it subconciously delivers the message to commercial watchers to "EAT ME"! :biggrin1: