School exchange year in USA - some question

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Chizzo, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Chizzo

Chizzo Member

Albums:
    Hey hey everybody.

After 6 month London last year, i decided with a girlfriend to do a new trip and a new adventure in 2010 ^^ to get a perfect english u know :tongue:

i phoned with my agency for school exchanges yesterday and they will send me a brochure with citys and states in USA.

but where would you go when you can decide ? i like it nice and warm... and i really dont want in a homophobic state or on a farm/range :biggrin1:

pleaase gimme some tipps :)

greetz from berlin

benni :)

2. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey benni

If you don't like cold and you prefer a progressive culture, you're probably looking at California. UCSB (University of California at Santa Barbara) would be just about perfect for what you want -- great weather year-round, incredibly beautiful town, laid-back people. Some other nice towns in California to consider are Santa Cruz and San Diego. San Francisco is dreamy, but chilly most of the year and LA is a shallow, car-crazy metropolis.

South Florida is nice, too -- you can wear flipflops and shorts all year, and there aren't too many farms in the 150 km between Miami and Palm Beach. :biggrin1: But plenty of unis and colleges to choose from, and you can swim in the ocean all year.

Viel Gl├╝ck ... bei diesen Staaten trifft man keine schlechte Entscheidung

PS -- I love your city. I studied there in high school and have nostalgic memories

3. Chizzo

Chizzo Member

Albums:
    hey gym ^^...thanxsss for your advice :)

i prefer to walk in shorts and flipflops every day:tongue: ...

well i have too look for where to go... my school is working with this agency and the universitys from other countries.

san francisco is probably the "cologne" of america? :biggrin1: lots of gay guys...^^
    like in cologne..

a dream would be miami beach :redface:....maybe i will go there :rolleyes:

and yeah berlin is really cultural place...multicultural... and lots of scene life and crazy people... ^^

4. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

SF is not the cologne it used to be....it is more self-obsessed yuppies now.
    Miami is a party town, and the better you look...the more 'fun' you have...just beware...florida is where con-artists come together (there and Nevada). UC Santa Barbara and UC San Diego seem to fit your bill. I think that San Deigo-ans are very connected for the most part. If you want the Berliner experience, go for Washington DC...NYC or Boston...but they get cold

Draft saved Draft deleted