School Still Sucks

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by funcub, Aug 27, 2005.

1. funcub

funcub New Member

"don't know y everyone's favorite past time is to pinch caleb's nipples but it's all good lol"

Because dropping to their knees, pulling out your cock, and sucking it would be rude unless there is enough to go 'round the whole campus, Caleb.

2. tillyrox

tillyrox New Member

Albums:
    I will just laugh at that, lol, Caleb im sorry to hear that school is boring for u, tho it always was for me too, especially when i had to do work, lol.

I Luv Ya
    Tilly

3. BlastOff123

BlastOff123 New Member

To all of you:
    1) Why is school boring?
    2) What makes it shitty?

Just curious.

In 30 years, you will look back at your disdain for school with tremendous regret, and then it will be too late.

4. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Agreed!!! Get it done boys and Girls!

Get it past you, so you can move on with your lives.... It's TOO HARD working and going to school.

C

5. vegasnola

vegasnola New Member

Albums:
    i so very much wish i WAS in school! we're missing classes until further notice due to Katrina! what a beast!

6. dcjohnny

dcjohnny New Member

BlastOff123 & Rickter8 are right!! Here's a related question, though: is school boring because it's shitty, or is school shitty because it's boring? If they're teaching stuff you'll need to know (like English and math), then LEARN IT!!! I had a wise teacher years ago who said that if you were bored and/or not learning, then the teacher wasn't working hard enough — and he was right, too! Make them earn their salaries, piteously small though they be!

Anyway, have a good year at school, folks!! Some day you'll be glad you did!
    This is from an old guy who now wishes he had worked harder at his studies (and made his teachers work harder, too!!)

7. Alley Blue

Gold Member

I was just going to say that.
    As Grandpappy used to say, "You'll cherish these moments"

8. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a Senior in college right now, and I'm still glad to have classes start up. We're in our second week now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. All my friends are around, and I have a lot more free time than when I worked this summer.

Just to follow that line of thought, I'm going to probably go for my Master's Degree right after I graduate in May, so I guess I'm just a glutton for academic punishment :happy:

9. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I hated high school because I was tired of seeing the same ol' people -- went to school together all 12 years in some cases -- and I was ready to get challenged academically and make something of myself and get the hell out of my small hometown.

I felt that way too when I graduated college, but I was more worried about entering "the real world." And I decided I had enough work so I went back again. I love graduate school. I don't like being as busy as I'm going to be this semester, but it's worth it. And I hope I become a big badass professional. :)

So, what are you kids gonna be when you grow up?

10. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    Civil Engineering

On block scheduling, it is a lot more relaxing. My last year in high school we switched from a regular 7-period a day schedule to a modified block. We had 8 total classes with 4 "A" classes and 4 "B" classes. One week all the A classes would meet Monday, Wednesday, Friday while the B classes would meet on Tuesday and Thursday. The next week they'd switch. I'm not sure if I could handle a true block schedule with just 4 classes in one semester (at least for high school) but it has to really prepare you for college if nothing else.

11. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

You would hate my English class. My seniors had the option of reading The Lord of the Rings in lieu of the usual list of summer reading choices. Some thought, "Cool! I can rent the DVD's of the Lord of the Rings movies and watch them instead of actually reading the books!" Bad answer. I let them know that over half of the questions on the first test was material either not contained in the movies or was treated differently in the movies. "If you rely on the movies for the information, you won't pass the test. Today is Monday; the test is this Friday. Good luck." I didn't lie, so now I'm the EVIL English teacher. :evilgrin: I can live with that. (BTW ... almost half the class passed.)

12. warmsunshine

warmsunshine New Member

None of the schools that I went to ever had a required summer reading list, so while I see that others have had lists and I see jokes about them, I never really "got" it.

Of course, I never needed to be prompted to read though and lots of my summer days were spent reading interesting books...

13. titan1968

titan1968 Active Member

Albums:
    I think that summer assignments are beneficial because they help the student
    develop his critical thinking. Unfortunately, I did not have enough reading assignments in high school, college ('Cégep' here) and university (science- undergraduate and graduate levels)- in my opinion, the powers that be put too much faith in multiple choice questions.

DMW, I congratulate your efforts in trying to improve your students' chances of success in life. You are telling them that nothing comes on a silver platter and they must work to achieve their goals. :toast:

Do some of your students have a new nickname for you? Which one is it?
    Sauron or Gandolf?

:nuke: :evilgrin: :nuke:

14. Geekyraccoon

Geekyraccoon New Member

This is my first post, so be gentle.

I'm gonna be an elementary teacher (some day) and classes just started up again. Sometimes I wonder if I really should go into this field given how frustrating the bureaucratic decisions are, combined with how incompetent some of my classmates (and therefore future colleages) are. Of a class of 20+, only myself and 4 others even PASSED a grammar test. Not aced. Passed.

Sometimes, I don't know why I get out of bed.

-Me, trying to be much less of a lurker and having mixed results.

15. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

This is from an actual note sent home with a student:

Tommy didn't have his homework and he don't have no excuse. I need to discuss his recent altitude with you.

This note was from his English teacher.

16. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

I bet those danged Levitating kids are a real problem!

17. Latinoboy9

Latinoboy9 New Member

Albums:
    Junior year in college and swim classes are looking pretty good with the freshmen team comming in...wait till they get a load of me in my tiny HOM bikinis! Yup should be fun this year~Jose'Latinoboy9

18. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

I bet those danged Levitating kids are a real problem!
    [post=342053]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Actually "he don't have no excuse" bothers me more than the "altitude" thing. It was a handwritten note, so it could be a hastily written 'attitude' where the second t was taller and had a loop. The cross from the first t did disect it, so that was possibly a penmanship problem rather than a vocabulary-based brain fart. But that grammar from an English teacher? I'm sorry but 'he don't have no excuse.'

19. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Actually "he don't have no excuse" bothers me more than the "altitude" thing. It was a handwritten note, so it could be a hastily written 'attitude' where the second t was taller and had a loop. The cross from the first t did disect it, so that was possibly a penmanship problem rather than a vocabulary-based brain fart. But that grammar from an English teacher? I'm sorry but 'he don't have no excuse.'
    [post=342103]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Yes, I realise that, I just found "altitude" more amusing than poor grammar.

Draft saved Draft deleted