Schrödinger’s Rapist: A guy’s guide to approaching strange women without being maced

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I understand that. Never once did I deny that males were raped. I said simply that recently and throughout my life, I have never heard of reported cases on a man (not a boy who's too young to understand what's happening or to protect himself) being raped by a woman. I'm sure it happens, and now I know it happens.

Is it immature of me because I don't research before posting? I left an open opportunity for people to correct me, and I will accept posts like yours as a response. But I don't see how simply calling me immature is supposed to prove anything.

Also, never have I said that I would enjoy being raped. Why would I enjoy doing ANYTHING against my will? Perhaps it's because I haven't experienced this that I was being so lighthearted, but from now on I'll be strictly serious in any post I make...
Was your joke immature? YES End of. No one is asking you to be serious all the time, but the idea that anyone would enjoy a rape is . . .well, you've been permitted to drag this pointless discussion on for long enough. Surely you have the point well in hand now.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Was your joke immature? YES End of. No one is asking you to be serious all the time, but the idea that anyone would enjoy a rape is . . .well, you've been permitted to drag this pointless discussion on for long enough. Surely you have the point well in hand now.
The joke was not meant to initiate laughter or to be thought of as funny. It was something that I was clearly better off without saying.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The joke was not meant to initiate laughter or to be thought of as funny. It was something that I was clearly better off without saying.
would you have made it about female victims?

i'm seriously fucking sick of the sexual abuse of males being made light of.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
would you have made it about female victims?

i'm seriously fucking sick of the sexual abuse of males being made light of.
Aside from the psychological and emotional trauma that both men and women may experience from rape, I would tend to think that women are at a much more physical risk than men; pregnancy does not occur in a man.

Perhaps I was undermining male rape by that statement, but I honestly didn't think any one would take it so seriously.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
you think getting pregnant is the biggest issue in rape?

of course it gets taken seriously! these guys not only have to suffer the trauma that female victims do, they then have to live in a society that constantly treats it as a big fucking joke.

well it's not!

the lower number of male victims of females doesn't make it easier for them. it makes it a thousand times harder. they deserve our sympathy and support. and the support services that cater to their needs? for most guys in most areas there are none.

think about that next time you want to joke.

yes, i'm ranting now. you have no fucking idea how angry this makes me feel.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You've told me in the past that my posts are nothing but assumptions and you seem to be doing just that.

Pregnancy is a FACTOR in rape that leaves a physical scar along with all the emotional ones on a woman. I said this does not occur in men; I did NOT say that it's the biggest issue issue in rape.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You've told me in the past that my posts are nothing but assumptions and you seem to be doing just that.

Pregnancy is a FACTOR in rape that leaves a physical scar along with all the emotional ones on a woman. I said this does not occur in men; I did NOT say that it's the biggest issue issue in rape.
have you been a female victim of rape?
no.

being pregnant would be traumatic, but not becoming pregnant still has it as a life destroyingly traumatic experience.

do you think it's easier for an infertile woman or an elderly woman to be raped? would that make it ok to joke about granny getting raped, the way you joked about a guy getting raped?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i can say that, in all honesty, pregnancy didn't even cross my mind. not once. it might cross the minds of some, but certainly not all and certainly not mine.

why? because i was too traumatised to think beyond being traumatised and making it through the next hour of my life.

why should a man feel any less traumatised than that?

is rape suddenly funny if a woman is on the pill or the rapist wears a condom?

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I want to know where I said it was okay for any one to get raped.

I already said that my "joke" wasn't supposed to be funny. I already admitted that I was undermining male rape - but this doesn't mean I never would have considered it a serious issue. I have simply never heard of a story in which that was the case.

So what are you still trying to prove? Something I already know?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I want to know where I said it was okay for any one to get raped.

I already said that my "joke" wasn't supposed to be funny. I already admitted that I was undermining male rape - but this doesn't mean I never would have considered it a serious issue. I have simply never heard of a story in which that was the case.

So what are you still trying to prove? Something I already know?
trying to prove? when your posts are still making excuses as to why male rape is to be taken less seriously?

you say 'perhaps' you were undermining male rape, whilst pointing out that guys don't need to worry about pregnancy.

perhaps?

an apology with excuses and justifications and 'perhaps' in it is no apology at all. some poor guy who reads your pathetically childish 'joke' will 'perhaps' feel incredibly hurt by it.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"perhaps I was" as in "okay, so I realize that I was"

Obviously I'll stand by the fact that a man doesn't get pregnant, that's just a fact. I did not say that not being pregnant makes the rape any less serious, but rather that pregnancy is an additional factor about which women could possibly worry. (I also didn't say it's a guarantee, but it's still a possibility.)

If a woman did get pregnant from the rape, she'd have to worry about either killing the baby or having the baby who will remind her of the man who affected the rest of her life. As if the emotional scars weren't enough to be reminded of the rape.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the 'perhaps' was a way of not owning it fully,
of softening your fuckup.

i'm putting you on ignore because the hijack has gone on too long and i'm bored of you and your pathetic 'jokes'.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe it's useless to try to respond because I'm not sure if you can see my posts if you have me on ignore... But I'm not trying to soften up my mistake. I know it was wrong of me to say that and I said that I shouldn't have said it.

I'm sorry I said something I didn't truly mean. In fact, I'm sorry I said anything at all.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*snipped
of course it gets taken seriously! these guys not only have to suffer the trauma that female victims do, they then have to live in a society that constantly treats it as a big fucking joke.

well it's not!

the lower number of male victims of females doesn't make it easier for them. it makes it a thousand times harder. they deserve our sympathy and support. and the support services that cater to their needs? for most guys in most areas there are none.
I'm just going to add that it's also the same for male victims of physical, mental and verbal abuse.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well after reading it over and over, poor numbskull stepped on a claymore then tried to say he didnt. Atleast that's the best analogy I can come up with. The damage was done. Oh well. One less ms. Dolfie has to deal with. Got a clue as to how we can get this thread back on track? Or is it fully on dead? I thought there was a real good dialogue going on for a while.