Scientists are worse than religious nutters

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_crackoff, Apr 25, 2010.

1. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Science help us.

First of all we've got mystic chicken licken climate change scientists telling us they know all about the future, then we find out that the Met weather office can't accurately predict 3 hours ino the future, let alone 3 months & has abandoned long range (4 month) forecasts, but still insists it can predict 70 years hence...

Then we have the daft scientists who screwed up my jaunt to Eastern Europe by insisting the Icelandic ash cloud was unfit to fly in, grounding European flights for a week...

when it turns out it was only 1/20 of a safe flying limit!The ash cloud that never was: How volcanic plume over UK was only a twentieth of safe-flying limit and blunders led to lock-down | Mail Online

I don't even want to mention how many die just by being treated by the medical profession.

Now I can take any tosser berating from the pulpit, temple or mosque, because what they do does not affect me.

But paid wankers infringing my liberty with their unproven views, costing me money, & depriving me of hardcore fun big stylee does, & I want these billions costing arseholes put in some public stocks so I can at least show them that, as you're an unbeliever, your reckoning shall come in this life not the next, by my hand & through some nicely rotted fruit.

At the very least can we cryogenically freeze the climate change guys, give them a warm handshake if they're right, but torture them ceaselessly if they're wrong! I'd like them to be accountable for being Nostradamus like.

I'm not getting that weeks holiday back. And I doubt we'll be allowed to fly so much in future!

Grrr

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I'm willing to take my chance with science. I've always had a better track record with clinical vs. abstract.

3. Stretch

Stretch New Member

For a second there I thought you were serious...:wink:

4. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Oh, I can't let that go. Nothing is a scientific fact. You only ever have a current consensus. New information takes a long time to permeate. There are countless unknown variables.

In Mathematics - the most abstract thing on the planet! The structure allows only fo the known variables. You have facts.

It's a mathematical fact that all scientific facts will be eventually proven false (as things are disproven, adjusted, new variables added).

I think the probability on that is 99%, & that's greater than scientific consensus on almost everything.

God didn't make that volcano blow.

Someone with a bunsen burner stopped my flight though.

They cost me $500 & a good laugh.

I only have to pay God in a church.

If I write a threatening letter to lousy scientists I might get sued.

If I write a threatening letter to God, he won't.

Variables known. Scientists cost me money & may sue.

God is everywhere. So are scientists.

They both probably have beards & sandals.

God does not cost me money & does not sue.

Scientists warn about alcohol. God gives you a free drink if you go to church.

Conclusion; God is cheaper than scientists, less litigious, a boozer, & gives me free will.

Rationally I must dislike scientists more than God.

5. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

Ms. Crackoff, are you menopausal?

6. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

I wish!

These twonks cost billions & no one's sacked - what are they bankers, some untouchable priests of a new belief system.

As they said in Team America "that was very bad science"!

If you f*ck up big time, you take responsibilty & your punishment, then it's over with - lesson learned.

I'm more crackedup than crackoff now when I should've been cracking on!

I'm sick of these soothsayers now, they can play with someone elses giblets looking for signs.

It was Ok for a mate of mine - he got stuck in Thailand, & boffed girls silly for a week!

He loves scientists!

7. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

I should perhaps also mention that it f*cked up my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you forgot "crackhead" :rolleyes:

The scientific method is the backbone of all progress we've enjoyed over the last 600+ years. You certainly owe your computer to it, otherwise you'd be just another nutter ranting in the dark.

9. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    True, but anything that is designated a scientific theory has withstood the rigors of the scientific process and is the best current explanation. The germ theory of disease, the theory of evolution, and the big bang theory are all "theories", but due to the nature of scientific nomenclature, "theories" are treated as fact in a scientific context.

10. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

You called darling? :tongue:

11. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Rubbish. Ever heard of candles? Oil Lamps? I don't call the ability to mass anihilate, create disease, destroy world market simultaneously, & wear sandals progress.

Pros & Cons

Science created the problems it seeks to solve (through industrial progress).

Nice - the nutters you're referring to are already running the asylum!

Computers are mathematics based matey - NB Babbage.

Binary isn't science - it's maths.

Are inventors scientists????????? You might get a scientist to test something, but invent - that's rare!

Xrays, penicilin, flight -accidents. (they worked with vectors on lift for centuries without luck - trial & error worked in the end!)

Volcano ash screw up - their fault.

12. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    1. Who proves scientists wrong? (One point)
    (a) Religious authorities
    (b) Scientists
    2. Which sort of inquirer is the quickest to admit error when presented with compelling counterevidence? (One point)
    (b) Scientists
    3. Which sort of inquirer constantly subjects their views to empirical test? (One point)
    (b) Scentists
    Answer key: 1 (b), 2 (b), 3 (b).

How do you score, Crackoff?

13. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Wow, Some Yanks really don't get irony do they? Lmfao.

Nevermind go back to your scientific methods that got rid of the Mediavel Warm Period on the basis of one freak Siberian tree.

I remember when they could predict & prove things with scientific method.

Now they like to project things that won't occur till they're dead.:smile:

It's all another fatally flawed belief system. Just don't set the leeches on me.:smile:

I'll stop winding you all up now:smile:

14. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

I see a nice girl I like, she comes over, we go home. No science in that.

You guys are far too serious!:cool:

15. Stretch

Stretch New Member

lol...was there ever a doubt? Very valid replies but can't believe people took the bait. Cheers...

16. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Fair enough to have a rant, but this is where your argument is flawed, added to which, as has been said, you need to qualify scientist with bad as you qualified religious with nutter.

17. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

we are just like our medieval ancestors, when not laughing at the village idiot we have to listen to the sheriff's officer

18. superbot

Gold Member

Aren't you the tolerant one?!!

19. breeze

breeze Member

No one can dispute the contributions and importance of science. You only have to go a third world country to see the difference. At the same time , so what , in the end we all die. Science does make our lives better the brief time we are here.
    I would be more impressed with science if science made us immortal and invulnerable. From what i've read the advances in life extension to this point is zero. I have a friend who's ex-girlfriend attended harvard medical school and he said she was shocked by how little physicians really understand and know. I don't know about that but science is great but limited.

20. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

As many problems arise are as solved. If it fiscally affects you, affects your health, & apparently my state of mind:smile: it's worse than a mad mullah on methadone.

As all scientific facts will eventually be proven wrong or fatally flawed, & we know this - why adhere to the doctrine. Why not qualify it?

Examples of Scientific crime & criminals

Stephen Hawking - 4 wheeled drive sci guy or freaky deaky Alien nutter
    Stephen Hawking: Aliens living in 'massive ships' could invade Earth | Mail Online

Doctors - botch job incompetents
    Blunders at IVF clinics have 'almost doubled in past 12 months' - mirror.co.uk

Iatrogenic death - Doctors - botch job incompetents
    The leading cause of death and injury in the United States

WMD

Climate change - no science currently predicts the weather accurately, yet it will cost us billions annually in each country to implement unproven measures. The term Climate Change Denier, & moves to prevent full debate & discourse are identical to the heresy policy pursued by Inquisition.

Edison - the Cheeky Girls, Daniel O'Donell, Clay Aitken,any Boy Band or Simon Cowell Act etcetc

Baird - Clay Aitken, America/Britain's got Talent.etcetc

The guys that discovered & refined chemical food additives. Especially in a Big Mac, & the Colonel's secret flavouring.

Bad science. Naughty science.

What's wrong with digging up frozen/dead scientists & giving them the beating they deserve?

They did it to quite a few Popes. Quite a few were murdered too!

Top Ten - Top 10 Most Disturbing Papal Deaths - Top 10

A level playing field, that's all I ask for.

And my week back!:biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted