Scientists are worse than religious nutters

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Science help us.

First of all we've got mystic chicken licken climate change scientists telling us they know all about the future, then we find out that the Met weather office can't accurately predict 3 hours ino the future, let alone 3 months & has abandoned long range (4 month) forecasts, but still insists it can predict 70 years hence...

Then we have the daft scientists who screwed up my jaunt to Eastern Europe by insisting the Icelandic ash cloud was unfit to fly in, grounding European flights for a week...

when it turns out it was only 1/20 of a safe flying limit!The ash cloud that never was: How volcanic plume over UK was only a twentieth of safe-flying limit and blunders led to lock-down | Mail Online

I don't even want to mention how many die just by being treated by the medical profession.

Now I can take any tosser berating from the pulpit, temple or mosque, because what they do does not affect me.

But paid wankers infringing my liberty with their unproven views, costing me money, & depriving me of hardcore fun big stylee does, & I want these billions costing arseholes put in some public stocks so I can at least show them that, as you're an unbeliever, your reckoning shall come in this life not the next, by my hand & through some nicely rotted fruit.

At the very least can we cryogenically freeze the climate change guys, give them a warm handshake if they're right, but torture them ceaselessly if they're wrong! I'd like them to be accountable for being Nostradamus like.

I'm not getting that weeks holiday back. And I doubt we'll be allowed to fly so much in future!

Grrr

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
I'm willing to take my chance with science. I've always had a better track record with clinical vs. abstract.

Oh, I can't let that go. Nothing is a scientific fact. You only ever have a current consensus. New information takes a long time to permeate. There are countless unknown variables.

In Mathematics - the most abstract thing on the planet! The structure allows only fo the known variables. You have facts.

It's a mathematical fact that all scientific facts will be eventually proven false (as things are disproven, adjusted, new variables added).

I think the probability on that is 99%, & that's greater than scientific consensus on almost everything.

God didn't make that volcano blow.

Someone with a bunsen burner stopped my flight though.

They cost me $500 & a good laugh.

I only have to pay God in a church.

If I write a threatening letter to lousy scientists I might get sued.

If I write a threatening letter to God, he won't.

Variables known. Scientists cost me money & may sue.

God is everywhere. So are scientists.

They both probably have beards & sandals.

God does not cost me money & does not sue.

Scientists warn about alcohol. God gives you a free drink if you go to church.

Conclusion; God is cheaper than scientists, less litigious, a boozer, & gives me free will.

Rationally I must dislike scientists more than God.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Ms. Crackoff, are you menopausal?

I wish!

These twonks cost billions & no one's sacked - what are they bankers, some untouchable priests of a new belief system.

As they said in Team America "that was very bad science"!

If you f*ck up big time, you take responsibilty & your punishment, then it's over with - lesson learned.

I'm more crackedup than crackoff now when I should've been cracking on!

I'm sick of these soothsayers now, they can play with someone elses giblets looking for signs.

It was Ok for a mate of mine - he got stuck in Thailand, & boffed girls silly for a week!

He loves scientists!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm more crackedup than crackoff now when I should've been cracking on!

I think you forgot "crackhead" :rolleyes:

The scientific method is the backbone of all progress we've enjoyed over the last 600+ years. You certainly owe your computer to it, otherwise you'd be just another nutter ranting in the dark.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, I can't let that go. Nothing is a scientific fact.

True, but anything that is designated a scientific theory has withstood the rigors of the scientific process and is the best current explanation. The germ theory of disease, the theory of evolution, and the big bang theory are all "theories", but due to the nature of scientific nomenclature, "theories" are treated as fact in a scientific context.

You only ever have a current consensus. New information takes a long time to permeate. There are countless unknown variables.[/QUOTE

That's one of the great things about science; it's self-correcting. Whereas religions claim to be the immutable truth, science acknowledges that it cannot know everything, but it constantly works toward improving our understanding of everything. Old hypotheses are replaced by new ones as our knowledge grows. I have no idea how you'd view this as a bad thing.

In Mathematics - the most abstract thing on the planet! The structure allows only fo the known variables. You have facts.

Becuase otherwise we'd never be able to solve anything. If we accounted for every hypothetical unknown, the result of every math problem would be "Shit, I don't know. Could literally be anything." Please be realistic.

It's a mathematical fact that all scientific facts will be eventually proven false (as things are disproven, adjusted, new variables added).

I think the probability on that is 99%, & that's greater than scientific consensus on almost everything.

There's a difference between "disproving" and "improving one's knowledge of a subject".

God didn't make that volcano blow.

Finally, we agree on something.

Someone with a bunsen burner stopped my flight though.

They cost me $500 & a good laugh.

Firstly, geologists and vulcanologists do not use bunsen burners with any degree of regularity. Secondly, You're obviously just bitter as fuck for being delayed for a few days. There's no need to blame a group of people who advised safety. Yes, it threw a kink into some stuff, but saying "Fuck you, science!" because you were inconvenienced is just stupid.

I only have to pay God in a church.

And I don't need to pay God ever. I don't see what your point is, though.

If I write a threatening letter to lousy scientists I might get sued.

Well, you are threatening them, and threatening someone in that manner is illegal. And remember my whole thing about misplacing blame? If you can blame anything, it's the gradual drifting apart of the European and North American plates that causes such volcanic activity on Iceland.

If I write a threatening letter to God, he won't.

Seriously, do you think that's a valid comparison? WTF?

Variables known. Scientists cost me money & may sue.

No, scientists did not cost you money; you cost yourself money by not opting to freely sleep in the airport. If you didn't want to spend $500, you shouldn't have stayed in a hotel.

God is everywhere. So are scientists.

(Implying god is real)
(Please note the file name for the photo. If you get mad at this statement, you either didn't look at the filename, or you are unfamiliar with internet culture.)

They both probably have beards & sandals.

Pfft. God has neither.

God does not cost me money

(unless you tithe)

& does not sue.

Okay. The supernatural cannot sue. I don't think they have any legal standing.

Scientists warn about alcohol. God gives you a free drink if you go to church.

Scientists warn about alcohol in excess. A little alcohol (a glass of wine a day, or so) is actually good for you. Scientists also say weed is pretty harmless. Is this why many religious-types don't want me to get high?

Conclusion; God is cheaper than scientists, less litigious, a boozer, & gives me free will.

Tithing is totally not expensive. Religion totally doesn't try to work its way into the legal and political system. There totally aren't ways to interpret Christianity in a puritanical, anti-alcohol way. And yes, having to worship a magical sky-daddy is just so full of free will.

Rationally I must dislike scientists more than God.

Lol.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media

The scientific method is the backbone of all progress we've enjoyed over the last 600+ years. You certainly owe your computer to it, otherwise you'd be just another nutter ranting in the dark.

Rubbish. Ever heard of candles? Oil Lamps? I don't call the ability to mass anihilate, create disease, destroy world market simultaneously, & wear sandals progress.

Pros & Cons

Science created the problems it seeks to solve (through industrial progress).

Nice - the nutters you're referring to are already running the asylum!

Computers are mathematics based matey - NB Babbage.

Binary isn't science - it's maths.

Are inventors scientists????????? You might get a scientist to test something, but invent - that's rare!

Xrays, penicilin, flight -accidents. (they worked with vectors on lift for centuries without luck - trial & error worked in the end!)

Volcano ash screw up - their fault.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1. Who proves scientists wrong? (One point)
(a) Religious authorities
(b) Scientists
2. Which sort of inquirer is the quickest to admit error when presented with compelling counterevidence? (One point)
(b) Scientists
3. Which sort of inquirer constantly subjects their views to empirical test? (One point)
(b) Scentists
Answer key: 1 (b), 2 (b), 3 (b).

How do you score, Crackoff?

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Scientists warn about alcohol in excess. A little alcohol (a glass of wine a day, or so) is actually good for you. Scientists also say weed is pretty harmless. Is this why many religious-types don't want me to get high?

The ones in the chem labs do, they also say that about meth & crack

Tithing is totally not expensive. Religion totally doesn't try to work its way into the legal and political system. There totally aren't ways to interpret Christianity in a puritanical, anti-alcohol way. And yes, having to worship a magical sky-daddy is just so full of free will.

It's the freedom not to worship or believe haha

Wow, Some Yanks really don't get irony do they? Lmfao.

Nevermind go back to your scientific methods that got rid of the Mediavel Warm Period on the basis of one freak Siberian tree.

I remember when they could predict & prove things with scientific method.

Now they like to project things that won't occur till they're dead.:smile:

It's all another fatally flawed belief system. Just don't set the leeches on me.:smile:

I'll stop winding you all up now:smile:

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
1. Who proves scientists wrong? (One point)
(a) Religious authorities - self appointed infallible nutters
(b) Scientists - self appointed infallible nutters
2. Which sort of inquirer is the quickest to admit error when presented with compelling counterevidence? (One point)
(a) Religious authorities hahahahahhahahhahaha - the fights they have over doctrine
(b) Scientists hahahahahhahahhahaha - the fights they have over doctrine
3. Which sort of inquirer constantly subjects their views to empirical test? (One point)
(a) Religious authorities but they keep that to themselves
(b) Scentists they don't allow you funds to test their beliefs -can I have some please? I'm an expert statistician & I'd just love to get hold of all the raw climate change data - but they keep that to themselves
Answer key: 1 (b), 2 (b), 3 (b).

How do you score, Crackoff?

I see a nice girl I like, she comes over, we go home. No science in that.

You guys are far too serious!:cool:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Now I can take any tosser berating from the pulpit, temple or mosque, because what they do does not affect me.

Fair enough to have a rant, but this is where your argument is flawed, added to which, as has been said, you need to qualify scientist with bad as you qualified religious with nutter.

S

superbot

Aren't you the tolerant one?!!

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
No one can dispute the contributions and importance of science. You only have to go a third world country to see the difference. At the same time , so what , in the end we all die. Science does make our lives better the brief time we are here.
I would be more impressed with science if science made us immortal and invulnerable. From what i've read the advances in life extension to this point is zero. I have a friend who's ex-girlfriend attended harvard medical school and he said she was shocked by how little physicians really understand and know. I don't know about that but science is great but limited.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Fair enough to have a rant, but this is where your argument is flawed, added to which, as has been said, you need to qualify scientist with bad as you qualified religious with nutter.

As many problems arise are as solved. If it fiscally affects you, affects your health, & apparently my state of mind:smile: it's worse than a mad mullah on methadone.

As all scientific facts will eventually be proven wrong or fatally flawed, & we know this - why adhere to the doctrine. Why not qualify it?

Examples of Scientific crime & criminals

Stephen Hawking - 4 wheeled drive sci guy or freaky deaky Alien nutter
Stephen Hawking: Aliens living in 'massive ships' could invade Earth | Mail Online

Doctors - botch job incompetents
Blunders at IVF clinics have 'almost doubled in past 12 months' - mirror.co.uk

Iatrogenic death - Doctors - botch job incompetents
The leading cause of death and injury in the United States

WMD

Climate change - no science currently predicts the weather accurately, yet it will cost us billions annually in each country to implement unproven measures. The term Climate Change Denier, & moves to prevent full debate & discourse are identical to the heresy policy pursued by Inquisition.

Edison - the Cheeky Girls, Daniel O'Donell, Clay Aitken,any Boy Band or Simon Cowell Act etcetc

Baird - Clay Aitken, America/Britain's got Talent.etcetc

The guys that discovered & refined chemical food additives. Especially in a Big Mac, & the Colonel's secret flavouring.

Bad science. Naughty science.

What's wrong with digging up frozen/dead scientists & giving them the beating they deserve?

They did it to quite a few Popes. Quite a few were murdered too!

Top Ten - Top 10 Most Disturbing Papal Deaths - Top 10

A level playing field, that's all I ask for.

And my week back!:biggrin1: