Scientists: circumcision = male genital mutilation and should be outlawed

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
There is broad popular movement at all. It is a just a very vocal minority that distorts scientific facts and resorts to lying about the "harms" of circumcision. Circumcision is becoming more popular around the world than ever. In countries where RIC is not performed, up to 20 - 30% of young men need to or choose to be circumcised in late teenage years or early adulthood as they become sexually active (e.g. China, Korea). Other countries are promoting circumcision as a prophylactic measure against HIV infection, e.g. Africa.

:popcorn:

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why in the world, would any male want to have his cock cut,as an adult?
I know a man who did and it was horribly painful for him.
When he noticed it was slightly less in length,he was upset.
Do it when they're an infant, I haven't seen any evidence of long term damage,to the childs mind,body,presented credibly by either side.
How can you miss,something you never had?

I missed it when my erection was so hard the skin so tight it ripped and my dick bled from trying to have sex with my wife.And no, lube did not help.I missed it when at age 30 I could not get hard anymore,because the head had no feeling.And then when I started restoring my dick grew by 1 3/4 of an inch in length and half an inch in girth.I don't have to show you any evidence for long term damage,because I live it every day.And that's how I can miss what I did have and mother took away!Mother always bitched about how dad was the minute man or could not get it up.Then she deliberatly set me up to be the same with my wife.Guess what she failed and yes I'm angry with her.So yes I miss what I never had and I'm mentaly and emotionaly scarred by what was done to me.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is broad popular movement at all. ...
Huh?
... It is a just a very vocal minority that distorts scientific facts and resorts to lying about the "harms" of circumcision. ...
Since you don't trust folks you call a "very vocal minority," then maybe you'd trust the Canadian Paediatric Society, Fetus and Newborn Committee, who stated in 1996:
Circumcision of newborns should not be routinely performed. Source: Neonatal Circumcision Revisited
If you disagree with them, would you say they "distort scientific facts" or accuse them of lying?

... Circumcision is becoming more popular around the world than ever. ...
I think the reverse is true.
... In countries where RIC is not performed, up to 20 - 30% of young men need to or choose to be circumcised in late teenage years or early adulthood as they become sexually active (e.g. China, Korea). ...
Outside of S. Korea, adult circumcision is uncommon. Across the border in N. Korea, circumcision at any age is quite uncommon. In S. Korea the increase in teen/adult circumcision is an anomaly versus the rest of Asia; but it's for social reasons not health.
... Other countries are promoting circumcision as a prophylactic measure against HIV infection, e.g. Africa.
I'm not aware of any country which is promoting circumcision as a prophylactic against HIV. Certain agencies within U.N. or W.H.O. have.

D

deleted15807

Answer : Swaziland
Medical experts in Swaziland, which has fewer than 100 doctors and the world's highest rate of HIV infection, say that over the next five years, they would like to offer the procedure to all 200,000 of this tiny southern African nation's sexually active men, at a rate of roughly 200 a day. That's 20 times faster than the current pace in this country of 1.1 million.

Israeli Surgeons Helping Swaziland in Drive to Curb HIV

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
"There may be a case that male circumcision reduces HIV risk in sexually active adults"

fuck it lets outlaw condoms too!
Congratulation, Skull Mason! That's both a non sequitur and a straw man argument.

That's quite the hyperbolic logical leap there. You're really suggesting that because circumcision is demonstrably limited in preventing HIV/AIDS transmission, that we should forget a cheap and easy method (condoms) that involve no permanent body modification?

All the uncut people hate on the cut people, whereas us cut folk don't really seem to give a shit and are quite happy with our beautiful, streamlined, [clean], cocks.

So far, Skull Mason, I'm not seeing the uncut people hating on anyone.

I'm cut and don't consider uncut to be any less clean than anyone else who bathes regularly. Sounds like unthinking prejudice on your part to me. So who's doing the hating?

As for cut folks "giving a shit", some of us believe that others should have the choice that we never had. Don't presume to speak for all "us cut folk".

To address certain physical problems that can't be corrected in any other way, or for cosmetic reasons, or because of societal pressure that suggests that you are less than clean if you are not circumcised (see Skull Mason, above).

Do it when they're an infant, I haven't seen any evidence of long term damage,to the childs mind,body,presented credibly by either side.
Why would you want to cut off perfectly healthy normal tissue in 1000 baby boys to prevent problems in 8, when the 1000 circumcisions will result in 20 complications due to the circumcision? (source: The Children's Hospital at Westmead - Parents - Circumcision)

Let me tell you what I am for.

I am for circumcision when it's medically indicated, to address specific medical conditions. I am for giving every person, male or female, their own personal choice. I am against cutting to prevent problems when the cutting causes more problems than it addresses.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I gave a clearly dick-headed and stereotypical reply to a dick head post, because judging by every other thread the OP has started it seemed like that is what is was intended for. I'm sorry you didn't pick up on that.

Don't think I'm that ignorant where I would actually believe cutting the foreskin off of cocks will rid the world or AIDS and the black plaque. Not to mention the hundreds of times this debate has been brought up here. Do a search and you will come across the cut haterz. I'm surprised that some peoples heads haven't exploded vouching for the abolition of circumcision.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with uncut cocks, and even have a slight interest in them as they look different from mine. Hell, I'm not even sure what I would do if I had a son right now, it would be a big decision. However, just like it is the right of the parents to choose whether or not to bring a child into this world, it should be up to them whether to get little man cut or not.

Unfortunately people like chico have been scorned by such procedures. But I'm pretty sure those cases are the exception, just as those who are uncut and develop phimosis or whatever else are also a rarity. For me, or my future son/professional QB/don, is would be a purely asthetic decision. I simply prefer the look of a beautifully cut cock.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know a man who did and it was horribly painful for him.
When he noticed it was slightly less in length,he was upset.
cigarbabe:saevil:

[/color]

I missed it when my erection was so hard the skin so tight it ripped and my dick bled from trying to have sex with my wife.And no, lube did not help.I missed it when at age 30 I could not get hard anymore,because the head had no feeling.And then when I started restoring my dick grew by 1 3/4 of an inch in length and half an inch in girth.I don't have to show you any evidence for long term damage,because I live it every day.And that's how I can miss what I did have and mother took away!Mother always bitched about how dad was the minute man or could not get it up.Then she deliberatly set me up to be the same with my wife.Guess what she failed and yes I'm angry with her.So yes I miss what I never had and I'm mentaly and emotionaly scarred by what was done to me.

Next question?

results

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In addition to everything you mentioned - circumcision also removes nerves that provide sensation and pleasure to males.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yes the whole organ is essentially gutted.

And if you are cut you should hang your head in shame and never even bother attempting to have sex because it would be a complete waste of time. You won't feel anything at all.

Make sure you burn your parents in effigy and run to your nearest chapter of the anti-circ brigade for solace and "restoration" services.

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Look, we know, you're not the first to bring up the X decade old idea.

"It's wrong, stop it now, prevent the world from burning etc."

Just get a buddy and make a campaign; posting this to people who are aware won't help your cause.

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
yes the whole organ is essentially gutted.

I lol'd.

If you truly believe this then I fear you've been condemned to Ignorant Land where you will spend the rest of your day on the Ignorant Carousel.

1) Since most males are circumcised early in life, too early for them to remember really, they can't "miss" the sensation.

2) If what you said is true the Premature Ejaculation problem ( oh, you know, the one often caused by overexcitement? ) wouldn't BE a problem for the circumcised. As a matter of fact the statistic is backwards. Most of what you're saying is backwards in that little statement. Why?

A) More circs. ejaculate prematurely.
B) More circs. masturbate more often.
C) Fewer circs. attain UTI's / Various other Bacterial diseases.

Furthermore the only REAL advantages I see in the uncircumcised are these:

A) The Glide Mechanism. That mechanism can be mimicked with a little hard work in uncircumcised men "It's not the same thing" because it lacks the nerves, but really that's all it's there for, to make sense feel better for everyone.
B) The Nerves. Hands down you win on feeling, no doubt about it.

Anything else that might have had any other affect is pretty null; only psychological wars arise from this stance but for the most part many live as they are without the doom and destruction of your philosophy.

What I really don't understand however is the masturbation element. Men who are circumcised masturbate more but they are supposedly having less feeling. It could be related to touching a wound ( such as people pick scabs or feel scars ) but while not a definite posibility I don't quite buy that.

Input welcome.

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Scientists: circumcision = male genital mutilation and should be outlawed
Separation of church and state. Scientists can say all they want, its not going to change a thing.

On a side note, Ive noticed some of you (in other posts) are coming dangerously close to bashing a sacred part of a persons religion. Ive noticed many to come to a persons defense whenever there is a racist or anti-homosexual remark, I would hope nobody is looking the other way on this particular topic.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Showoff, FGM is banned in many countries. Would an FGM ban also be "bashing a sacred part of a persons religion," for those who believe that practice is integral to their religion?

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Again, FGM and male circumcision are not equal at all. You keep up this fallacious comparison that isn't backed up by science or medicine. And yet you claim that you have enough medical knowledge to cure someone of phimosis and that "restoration" is always safe by citing "medical studies." I smell a rat.