Scientists: circumcision = male genital mutilation and should be outlawed

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NIC, try to reduce your anger. It's a contentious subject for sure but note that I've never called anyone an "asshole" nor used the F-word at them. Nor have I insulted their intellect, to my recollection. You can do a search to verify that but that would be a waste of your time.

When you use that kind of nastiness it's counterproductive and you nullify your side's assertion that my side is "angry" or "inflammatory".

of course nastiness is counterproductive to winning anyone to your side, but I didn't start it, nor am I trying to win anyone over. This thread started out nasty, and the circumcision argument will always be a nasty one on these boards because one side is unwilling to let go of their inflammatory language or extreme positions.

I don't give a flying fuck how many f-bombs you've dropped before. I care about the intelligence and relevance of your posts and the strength of your arguments. Calling me a hypocrite with a lazily written cliché is irrelevant and adds nothing to the argument. It doesn't make dxj any less wrong and ineffectual in his snarky criticisms, it doesn't make johnschlong any less of a troll, it doesn't make the circumcision debate on LPSG any less tired or completely overblown. Frankly I don't care if you think I'm being condescending or not. I'm not trying to be political on this issue. It's not something that I care about like these other guys do, so I'm not trying to win converts. They are. and they're going about it all wrong. and I would be doing them a favor by pointing it out but the obtuse bastards will never learn.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
NIC, when I wrote "pot...kettle...black," I'd just logged on and hadn't absorbed the flow completely; but it was valid.

I've been trying to tone down the circ. treads. I know that I'm guilty of being nasty but I really want the discussions toned down. You're not helping any. Both sides can disagree without being ugly. Both will always disagree forever but something we can change is the tone. That might be the only thing that can be changed between the two sides.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NIC, when I wrote "pot...kettle...black," I'd just logged on and hadn't absorbed the flow completely; but it was valid.

I've been trying to tone down the circ. treads. I know that I'm guilty of being nasty but I really want the discussions toned down. You're not helping any. Both sides can disagree without being ugly. Both will always disagree forever but something we can change is the tone. That might be the only thing that can be changed between the two sides.

Steve, I think I generally had dropped out of the ubiquitous circ threads here before you started posting regularly, so I'm really not that familiar with your contributions to any of them. You may have made some sane and rational arguments in a few, I don't know. It's mostly a handful of others who have routinely made me angry and stand out in my mind. You're right that anger doesn't "help" anything, but when faced with total obstinance... appeals to rationality and intelligence seem like so much a waste of time. Anger is easier, albeit just as useless.

I came to this thread, not because of any feelings I have on the issue of circumcision, but rather as part of an ongoing effort to expose the OP, johnschlong, as a total fuckwit/troll. I am reluctant to have any more intelligent or rational discussion with you here in this thread, on the subject of how we could more productively discuss the issue of male circumcision, because I don't feel that this ridiculous thread deserves to be in any way dignified by any intelligent discourse that occurred within it, completely tangential to the intent and design of the original poster.

With that in mind, and not wishing to bump this stupid thread any further, I'm bowing out.

[edit] this is the OP's true agenda. (follow the link) Obvious to me from the start, as it should have been obvious to anyone else paying attention to the language of the first post or to any threads he has started prior. His trick being that circumcision is barbaric and primitive, circumcision is practiced frequently in the US, therefore the US is barbaric and primitive. Every thread he starts that isn't about chicks with dicks is about bashing the USA, or just trying to stir shit up.