Scott McLellan 4 Obama

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
'Country First' is just another Republican marketing slogan to hide their true intent. It's really PARTY FIRST COUNTRY LAST.

The message has been loud and clear over the last 8 yrs. ME ME ME ME ME and fuck the world AND the country.

Exactly. How Republicans managed to convince themselves that THEY are the definition of Patriot and everything America stands for is beyond me. As if the dictionary wasn't enough for most people. Nothing in the definition shows any loyalty to any political party.

patriot: a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Amazing.

(CNN) — Scott McClellan, the former White House press secretary who sharply criticized President Bush in his memoir last spring, told CNN Thursday he's voting for Barack Obama.

HAHAHA!

First of all, not "Amazing" not even close.

If nothing else this is just extremely strong evidence that Scott was ONLY criticizing Bush because he was a closet left wing liberal mole, that's all.

That was our theory, and his pathetic excuses of "changing" washington makes him want to support Obama just tells me that our theory was correct all along.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HAHAHA!

First of all, not "Amazing" not even close.

If nothing else this is just extremely strong evidence that Scott was ONLY criticizing Bush because he was a closet left wing liberal mole, that's all.

That was our theory, and his pathetic excuses of "changing" washington makes him want to support Obama just tells me that our theory was correct all along.
That is an interesting theory, but I have two counter-indications. First, if you read Scott McClellan's book, he actually gives you the reason why he is dissatisfied with the current Republican Party.

Also, your theory doesn't explain these:

Christopher Buckley
Colin Powell
Boris Johnson
Kathleen Parker
Peggy Noonan
Nicholas Burns
Bill Kristol
George Will
George Will (again)
David Frum

And the list grows. All the conservatives who are not part of the idiocracy wing of the Republican Party are bailing out.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That is an interesting theory, but I have two counter-indications. First, if you read Scott McClellan's book, he actually gives you the reason why he is dissatisfied with the current Republican Party.

Christopher Buckley
Colin Powell
Boris Johnson
Kathleen Parker
Peggy Noonan
Nicholas Burns
Bill Kristol
George Will
George Will (again)
David Frum

And the list grows. All the conservatives who are not part of the idiocracy wing of the Republican Party are bailing out.

Don't forget to add William Weld to this list as well. The former Republican governor of Massachusetts and the only Republican I openly supported in any election. He originally supported Romney for the presidency, and recently decided to support Obama. Of course, the right-winged media outlets in New England are all trashing him, calling him a turncoat and a traitor.

If any Republican is a "maverick" and looks at issues down the middle, you should check out THIS guy. If he was running against Obama, I would have a really hard time picking between the two of them.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't forget to add William Weld to this list as well. The former Republican governor of Massachusetts and the only Republican I openly supported in any election. He originally supported Romney for the presidency, and recently decided to support Obama. Of course, the right-winged media outlets in New England are all trashing him, calling him a turncoat and a traitor.

If any Republican is a "maverick" and looks at issues down the middle, you should check out THIS guy. If he was running against Obama, I would have a really hard time picking between the two of them.
Ah yes, how can I forget. I also voted for Weld when living in Mass.

Weld on Obama

Last edited:

nakedfish

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
i live in mass and weld is a real asshole..........likeable but a rich oppertunist, he does what works out best for him in the end.....like an ambassadorship, maybe?

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Forty-some years ago, the historian Richard Hofstadter published a now-classic essay called "The Paranoid Style in American Politics" (here's the article on it in Wikipedia). You should read it, Stratedude, because it's all about you.

D

deleted15807

It is hard to avoid the conclusion that Bush and now John McCain have constructed a mean, grumpy, exclusive, narrow-minded and altogether retrograde Republican Party. It has the sharp scent of the old Barry Goldwater GOP -- the angry one of 1964 and not the one perfumed by nostalgia -- that is home, by design or mere dumb luck, to those who think that Obama is "The Madrassian Candidate." Karl Rove, take a bow.

Richard Cohen - Party Like It's 1964

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for that Cal. The Paranoid Style sums up McCain and his followers to a tee. I didn't know what to call it til I saw that link.

Very interesting but also very frightening at the same time; that there are people who think like that.

Close-minded, extremist and extremely paranoid people who think like that.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Christopher Buckley
Colin Powell
Boris Johnson
Kathleen Parker
Peggy Noonan
Nicholas Burns
Bill Kristol
George Will
George Will (again)
David Frum

WTF, I swear, no lie, the very first name I clicked on was Bill Kristol. Did you even read it? If you are trying to say he is "bailing out" based on this article, then you might as well add Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh to that list too. They both have voiced criticisms of the was the McCain camp has handled this too. Does that mean they are "bailing out"? Of course not. Try reading some time.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Good Lord! Every heard of a RINO? Anyone that calls themselves a Republican that has VilylBoy's support, especially when matched against Obama must be as far left as any self loathing Liberal in the land.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Anyone that calls themselves a Republican that has VilylBoy's support, especially when matched against Obama must be as far left as any self loathing Liberal in the land.

At least I CAN support a Republican if the right one presents themselves. Back in 2006, it seemed as if McCain could have been that person. Alas, you know the rest of the story. You, on the other hand can't even hold onto your own sanity.

BTW, your insult would of had much more impact if you spelled my name correctly. I honestly don't know who a "VilylBoy" is. Could that be another one of your conservative code words for insanity? :rolleyes:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good Lord! Every heard of a RINO? Anyone that calls themselves a Republican that has VilylBoy's support, especially when matched against Obama must be as far left as any self loathing Liberal in the land.

Ah, yes: the good old "no true Scotsman" fallacy -- another mark of paranoid thinking.

Imagine Hamish McDonald, a Scotsman, sitting down with his Glasgow Morning Herald and seeing an article about how the "Brighton Sex Maniac Strikes Again." Hamish is shocked and declares that "No Scotsman would do such a thing." The next day he sits down to read his Glasgow Morning Herald again and this time finds an article about an Aberdeen man whose brutal actions make the Brighton sex maniac seem almost gentlemanly. This fact shows that Hamish was wrong in his opinion but is he going to admit this? Not likely. This time he says, "No true Scotsman would do such a thing."

—Antony Flew, Thinking about Thinking, 1975 [as quoted in the Wikipedia article, "No true Scotsman"]

Last edited:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Christopher Buckley
Colin Powell
Boris Johnson
Kathleen Parker
Peggy Noonan
Nicholas Burns
Bill Kristol
George Will
George Will (again)
David Frum

And the list keeps on growing:

Ken Adelman
Doug Kmiec
Charles Fried